Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

bradlente wrote: »
    Nice.Are you laying?

Nope, haven't used my Betfair a/c in years :) I could cover my bet by having a few quid on Noren at 6/4 but i don't think i will tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Hoki wrote: »
    Nope, haven't used my Betfair a/c in years :) I could cover my bet by having a few quid on Noren at 6/4 but i don't think i will tbh.

I am going to let him ride aswell, I have him doubled with Kucher though so might have to try cover a few in the states tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Had a tiny stake on Bubba,Was looking positive until his nightmare earlier.Have a couple that could still nick a place.

now that all the scores are in the clubhouse after day 3, I am on both Kuchar and illonen e/w singles and e/w doubled. So whats my best options for a couple of savers? Who would you guys back out of the chasing pack in the US in particular?

redzerdrog wrote: »
    now that all the scores are in the clubhouse after day 3, I am on both Kuchar and illonen e/w singles and e/w doubled. So whats my best options for a couple of savers? Who would you guys back out of the chasing pack in the US in particular?

I think Rose should be capable of a decent challenge tomorrow.A bit of wishful thinking though as I have him backed.

Your best bet is to stick yourself in front of the TV for the start of tomorrow and just make your own judgement's in-play.It could easily turn out worse for the solid player's and better for the patchy guy's come tee-off and at least you'll have a better idea after the first hole or two of form and pressure etc as it develop's.

• Advertisement

Gona see how the european tour event goes and then reassess from there but am on the beer for the day tomorrow anyway so should be fun anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

You did a double on kuchar and illonen? When?

You did a double on kuchar and illonen? When?

Wednesday

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056884191&page=3 post#119

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

Well you're due one...

Good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,049 ✭✭✭applehunter

Quality tipping there.

Mixed bag after yesterday.

Have Noren to win in Sweden. In good shape and have layed off for stake.

Have Schwartzel @ 46's so that was painful to watch him 3 an 4 putt himself out of top spot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

Only 2 scores that are low in nordea casey shot a 6 under but was first out this morning and fleetwood is 7 under through 15 even with a 7 on the card after that its 2 under 3 unders people on twitter saying course is playing long after being drenched last nite

Ilonen didnt really get put under pressure but well done who got him

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

Snedeker gone to 28/1 for US Open on pp website

Well that was some day yesterday!!! my nerves are gone after it!!!

very quite here this week, everyone saving themselves for the us open?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

St. Jude Classic:

Freddie Jacobsen - 30/1 - Usually have a bet on Freddie every now and again, and am just feeling he'll have a good week this week is the main crux of it but there are stats to back up this pick. He's had 3 top tens from the 10 cuts he has made this year and 8 top 25s. As well as that nine top 10s from 10 starts at the TPC Southwind!

Boo Weekly @ 33/1 - lol, that is all. Still mad about the other week? You're damn right I'am :pac:

Robert Karlasson @ 40/1 - Very much a course form based bet admittedly. Last year aside where he missed the cut, he lost in a playoff here at TPC Southwind not once, but twice. Back to back in 2011 and 2010! Hopefully the good feeling of qualifying for the US Open carries on through this week.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    St. Jude Classic:

Freddie Jacobsen - 30/1 - Usually have a bet on Freddie every now and again, and am just feeling he'll have a good week this week is the main crux of it but there are stats to back up this pick. He's had 3 top tens from the 10 cuts he has made this year and 8 top 25s. As well as that nine top 10s from 10 starts at the TPC Southwind!

Boo Weekly @ 33/1 - lol, that is all. Still mad about the other week? You're damn right I'am :pac:

Robert Karlasson @ 40/1 - Very much a course form based bet admittedly. Last year aside where he missed the cut, he lost in a playoff here at TPC Southwind not once, but twice. Back to back in 2011 and 2010! Hopefully the good feeling of qualifying for the US Open carries on through this week.

great minds think alike!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=84930123&postcount=127

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

I also have those 3 in my fantasy golf team :D No bets decided yet , will decide later on or else in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

Multiples with these 4.
    Lpga-Webb @20/1
    US- walker @50/1
    Euro- WEBSTER @66/1
    Seniors-M.Allen @20/1

• Advertisement

Have Jacob myself too,Here's hoping he does the business.

Week off fr me looking at us open good luck everyone who bet this week

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Shandog

Hi all. Long time lurker but felt compelled to sign up after following the tips on this thread this year. So far thanks to ye guys I've had Kuchar,Keenan Bradley e/w(allowed me to back Bae in running) and woods just to name this month. Followed karlsson and boo this week.
    Cheers

Cant have sneds next week injections in ribs to play every week and cant practice im looking gmac, rose mayb even stricker its a course were must hit fairways

Looking at some stats and while a lot seem to be focusing on driving accuracy I dont think that will be a particularly good guid this week as very few will be using a driver off the tee anyway. Looking at GIR and approaches from 150+ might be a better indicator.

Anyway I think I have narrowed it down to 5 for me, unsure of my staking plan yet though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Looking at some stats and while a lot seem to be focusing on driving accuracy I dont think that will be a particularly good guid this week as very few will be using a driver off the tee anyway. Looking at GIR and approaches from 150+ might be a better indicator.

Anyway I think I have narrowed it down to 5 for me, unsure of my staking plan yet though.

Good point and confirmed by Bubba this evening...

bubba watson ‏@bubbawatson

"Just played Merion for the 1st time, cool place! A lot of long irons this week! #USOpen"

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Deplasterer

My four for the week, in order of win are:

Dustybin
    Pod
    Rose
    Scott

All W & Place except Scott.

GL.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Simpson,Furyk and Kuchar ew am checking out the best prices.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 786 ✭✭✭fangee

Not as excited as I should be but mainly due to Snedeker's recent injury problems. Have been backing him for a few months but the confidence is gone.

Anyway, selections as follows -

BRANDT SNEDEKER - 33/1 ( have to put him up, been backing him for months)

SERGIO GARCIA - 40/1

JUSTIN ROSE - 28/1

STEVE STRICKER - 50/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

I saw Tom Flood are going 6 places, and Money Back if Tiger wins!!!
    I'd link, but eh... last time their website was updated Tiger was still with his wife!

Saw it on their in-shop coupon

Advertisement