Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Also backed DJ 15.0, win only for a lay later on (hopefully) to give me a free bet.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Backed Finau (25.0) and McIlroy (17.0) E/W 10 places on the exchange.
    Think it's McIlroy's time.

That was a good decision, +6 and +7 after Rd 1 :eek:, back to the drawing board. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

As punters we need to apply some of the logic we apply to horse racing to golf betting,just because a golf tournament lasts 4 days (if we are lucky) and a race only takes a few minutes does not mean that there are simple rules that should apply to both for betting purposes.

This week i backed McIlroy to finish in the top twenty because i felt that despite some recent poor form on balance he was a good bet to make the top 20,i ignored the fact that he was dire last week and his head must be melted trying to figure out why he has not won in 15 months.

Many others backed McIlroy to win this week! Would any of us back a horse to win a group 1 if the horse had not won a race in 15 months?
    hardly i would guess and we should not forget that form is important in golf as it is in racing.

When my bet on McIlroy was heading down the tubes (likely but not certain yet) i stuck a few quid ew at 16s with PP 8 places on the form player in running at 16/1 and i hope Dechambeau will give me a bit of a run for my money.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,644 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Decided to do an in play this week

Bezuidenhout @45s e/w

Conners @18s e/w

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Doesn't look like I have anyone even making the cut.

Gona have an in play punt of Rahm @16/1 2pt win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,983 ✭✭✭Augme

As punters we need to apply some of the logic we apply to horse racing to golf betting,just because a golf tournament lasts 4 days (if we are lucky) and a race only takes a few minutes does not mean that there are simple rules that should apply to both for betting purposes.

This week i backed McIlroy to finish in the top twenty because i felt that despite some recent poor form on balance he was a good bet to make the top 20,i ignored the fact that he was dire last week and his head must be melted trying to figure out why he has not won in 15 months.

Many others backed McIlroy to win this week! Would any of us back a horse to win a group 1 if the horse had not won a race in 15 months?
    hardly i would guess and we should not forget that form is important in golf as it is in racing.

When my bet on McIlroy was heading down the tubes (likely but not certain yet) i stuck a few quid ew at 16s with PP 8 places on the form player in running at 16/1 and i hope Dechambeau will give me a bit of a run for my money.

This is why I think exchanges are essential for any successful gambler. Guys like mcilroy will always be heavily back given his profile, especially this side of the pond. There's good money to be made from that fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Nobody doing anything this week? Incredibly poor field but I've had a few darts for interest. Got the prices before Berger WD so at least that's something!

Henley @42
    Steele @50
    Ben An @85
    Wu @100
    Vegas @110

Kizzire 80/1 e.w Top 7

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

doig ghim to go well after last week.

phil Mickelson

both e/w at decent prices

Despite the distraction of Cheltenham i am having a bet on the golf again this week,will wait until a round or 2 is played in the US but Kenya offers the value bet for me this week.

GAGANJEET BHULLAR often plays well in the 2nd division tournaments away from the glamour events and was a good 5th in this last year.

He showed his wellbeing by finishing 2nd in Qatar last week in a field at least as good as this if not better.

I have a tenner ew as usual at the juicy price of 66/1 and heres hoping for a good run,some good scores in but Bhullar who just started may be much shorter later today.

Nobody doing anything this week? Incredibly poor field but I've had a few darts for interest.

I couldn't find a player to back, the field was so poor but I ended up backing Lowry and Westwood for a small interest just to have something to shout about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

Wheres the best place to research for golf tips or any good tipsters people use. Have been enjoying watching the last few weeks but would love to have an investment to last til the final day, I had been following golfbettingsystem but have yet to have even a place with more missing the cut than making it!

Any suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

markc91 wrote: »
    Wheres the best place to research for golf tips or any good tipsters people use. Have been enjoying watching the last few weeks but would love to have an investment to last til the final day, I had been following golfbettingsystem but have yet to have even a place with more missing the cut than making it!

Any suggestions

Golf Betting System allows you to choose the filters

They produce a top 30 / top 25 from memory, so plenty to play around with

Racing post preview and Greensquare golf are others

Then ESPN Golf and European tour and PGA Tour for information

markc91 wrote: »

Any suggestions

Dunno if you're on Twitter, there's a few that I follow on there that you could look at.

@skyhookdfs
    @rickrungood
    @BenColeyGolf
    @EPatGolf
    @ThePME

If you start following some of them , you will no doubt come across others.

Couple of early bets in the Matchplay this week, risky before the draw comes out, hopefully they aren't in the same group!

Palmer 100/1 e.w top 8
    Spieth @ 36

Palmer is playing quite well lately, he seems to be overpriced alot considering he's no.26 in the world, with this event being a bit of a lottery I like his price and the top 8 payouts, some sites only doing top 4.

Just backing Spieth as the format might suit him, he can certainly make a bunch of birdies and sink putts from all over the place when he gets it rolling well, his wayward shots wont be costing him doubles either, so may play with more freedom too, you never know.

Doubt I will back too many more, will probably just be doing doubles or trebles on matches each day tbh.

Looks like a good draw for DJ, I have backed him at 16/1 that'll be my last outright.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭charlesanto

Matthew Fitzpatrick 35/1
    Sungjae Im 30/1
    Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 8 Places

Big differences in prices this week especially if you're not backing them e/w.
    Some bookies going 1/4 odds 4 places, rest going 1/5 odds 8 places.
    DJ, Rory and Casey are my picks for this weekend, win only.

Is there anywhere offering betting on the winner of each bracket? And can you back them in multiples?

Powers you can back to reach semi but cant combine

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭charlesanto

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Is there anywhere offering betting on the winner of each bracket? And can you back them in multiples?

Powers you can back to reach semi but cant combine

Go tp "group betting" ... HERE

• Advertisement

Go tp "group betting" ... HERE

Thanks but that only gives the winner of the group. I am looking for betting on each quarter of the draw

Tournament in Kenya starts in the middle of tonight.

Only bet of interest for me is

3pts e/w Wilco Nienaber @40/1

I cannot get away from the notion that De Chambeau has the power and ability to blow his opponents away in the 18 hole format so i am on ew 8 places PP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Reed
    Speith
    Casey
    All e/w 8.places

Corales event I have the short named duo Suh and Wu.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

After a small bit of study I'm taking a bit of a flyer on a few group winners who I think are overpriced in a small stake heinz bet

Oosthuizen 11/4
    Hatton 17/10
    Frittelli 5/1
    Ancer 2/1
    English 11/4
    Henley 13/5

Rahm is my most likely winner so having a win only stab at 14s adding in hatton ew 4 places @30/1

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

filled out my bracket landed on hatton v reed final so both at 36 win only on the exchange.

Matchplay - in running

Tommy Fleetwood 5pts win @8/1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭munster87

Hadn’t anyone backed this week, will take Harrington at 225/1 in running with Ladbrokes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭munster87

Padraig that is!

Advertisement