Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Went for Sergio in the week @33,But took a little more yesterday on the 40/1.Cracking price imo.The only reason I can see for his price being slightly long is the whole Tiger furor and I don't know how much that will actually affect his game.I don't know if the like's of Rose,Westwood and Donald should really be priced above him at this stage and the way tee-off time's have been presented for the 1st 2 day's could diffuse the situation even moreso than the handshake might.

I've taken a punt on Ryan Moore too.Partly because he's went well for me before without being a winner and partly because he hit 54/56 faiway's at the Memorial which is fairly decent.

Have Bubba,Hunter and Rickie as well.Hopefully one of the Golf Boy's can bring it home:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

bradlente wrote: »

I've taken a punt on Ryan Moore too.Partly because he's went well for me before without being a winner and partly because he hit 54/56 faiway's at the Memorial which is fairly decent.

yesterday betpack had him up @20/1 for a top ten finish instead of 7/2,needless to say the feckers copped on as soon as i put a few quid on.So i have to back him now,great chipper/putter so has a chance for sure.

I'm also thinking Olesen might be worth a punt.
    Molinari with his improved putting?
    For an outsider Justin Hicks for a top 20 @9/1 on betpack looks decent to me.
    On this course my main bet will defo be Donald @33/1 although i may do him w/o Woods '28/1 just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Few e/w bets for the week. Might get involved again on Friday depending on how things go on Thursday evening.

Olesen 90's
    Z Johnson 80's
    Stricker 50's

All 6 Places with Money Back (Win Part) if Tiger Wins

boyles are doing an offer either woods or mcilroy to win @11/2

good offer pity i have already backed woods

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Shandog

I took the 9/2 for that on pp.
    Read today on the PGA app that the course ranger is devastated by the rain and now expects the course to play a lot easier. It will only speed up by Sunday .

For that I'm going with tiger at sixes. And a tenner each way on

Stenson 70/1
    Scott 25/1
    Furyk 40/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Went with the following thus far:

GMAC @ 28/1 e/w top 6
    Stenson @ 80/1 e/w top 6
    Tiger @ 6/1 win
    Garcia leader after 1st round @ 40/1 e/w top 6

ok all 7 places e/w ,
    Molinari @90/1
    Dufner @60/1
    Coetze @150/1
    Hicks @ 250/1 Top twenty @9/1
    Zach Johnson @80/1
    Guthrie @200/1
    Olesen @110/1

Win bets
    Donald @40/1
    Furyk @42/1
    Both betpack enhanced win only price

Right,i've no money left for the week,2 slabs of beer and a couple of mini kegs will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭LeeroyJones

PP are offering 7 places if placed on your mobile.

I always feel compelled to back the Irish lads but this time I think they look like reasonable bets.
    McIlroy is capable of special golf. If he gets going 22/1 is a great price.
    I like the look of the course for GMac.
    Harrington is a solid option at 80/1 with the above offer.

I might stretch my patriotism to Phelan at 7/2 to make the cut.

Outside of that I'm going for Jason Day and Luke Donald place

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

dont think ive ever had a golfer placed when anyone offers 5,6 or 7 places.anytime they come in its always the top 3 or 4 so i wouldnt get carried away with 7 places tbh.gone for just the one this week.snedeker.hopefully gives me a run for my money and still some interest come sunday night

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Edit in due course.

The US Open:

1) Greame McDowell @ 22/1
    2) Webb Simpson @ 60/1
    3) Louis Oosthuizen @ 66/1
    4) Henrik Stenson @ 90/1
    5) Boo Weekley @ 110/1

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Quahog217

anyone know who the racing post lads tipped for the us open? with staking plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

redzerdrog wrote: »

I agree on Stenson. Just a side point, 11/2 7 places e/w is a far better bet than 6/1 6 places. That extra place is huge, even 5/1 7 places would probably be better

McDowell, Kuchar, or Mickelson to win the US Open @ 7/1 with PP if anyone fancies that in the link below. Been thinking whether to take McDowell or Mickelson all week and still am not much closer to deciding. So this PP special could be a bit of a bail out somewhat I suppose.

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/powerplay/enhanced-special?ev_oc_grp_ids=239489&AFF_ID=16562&area=pptwtppo

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    I agree on Stenson. Just a side point, 11/2 7 places e/w is a far better bet than 6/1 6 places. That extra place is huge, even 5/1 7 places would probably be better

I had the woods bet done before I realised the other place went 7 places once I saw 6's I snapped it up straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Okay here it goes:

Rickie Fowler - 66/1 - 7 places
    Sergio Garcia - 40/1 - 7 places
    Henrik Stenson - 70/1 - 7 places
    Bubba Watson - 90/1 - 6 places
    Graeme McDowell - 22/1 - 7 places

Novelty outsider - Simon Khan - 400/1 - 7 places

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

US Open 2013

Brandt Snedeker @ 35/1 WIN ONLY

Matt Kuchar @ 22/1 E/W

Graeme McDowell @ 22/1 E/W

Matteo Manassero @ 70/1 E/W

Have a few bets on Snedeker over the last month from 25/1 to 35/1, not so confident now though, I was really hoping he would be fully over his injury by now. I feel the course should set up nicely for the other players, and I am not one who would normally back McDowell but I feel he has a great chance this week if conditions are tough.

Decided to have a look at the european event after all

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=85044110&postcount=142

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭ledgebag1

McDowell 22/1
    Kuchar 22/1
    Stenson 70/1
    Chappell 90/1
    Henley 110/1
    R Moore 100/1
    Mahan 70/1
    Haas 80/1
    Olesen 125/1
    Moon bae 200/1

All each ways, backed a lot of these guys throughout the year and I am hoping they at least perform I can't wait for it to start I love the auld open

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

manassero and kaymer both backed here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭breffni bogballer

gmac, manassero, stenson and kuchar for me. E10 ew on all 4

Far too many of us are on McDowell and Stenson in particular. We're doomed :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

Looks like a lot of people on here (including me) fancy McDowell or Kuchar to win. Lets hope we can get one of them to click and let the good times roll!!:)

If it makes yas feel better about everyone tipping up gmac, i dont fancy him at all at his current price, maybe at 40s id consider him. For me the most important thing this week will be gir and gmacs stats are very poor in that regard, i know his driving and scrambling are amongst the best but just think the gir is so important.
    The other thing is people talk about his great recent form even though his last 5
    strokeplay starts he has 3mcs including
    his last 2 starts.

Now watch him win in a canter!! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭EI2011

went with phil meself ew
    going to do 2 more after cut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Bubba 90-1 Huge Price:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Kuchar,Mickelson,Westwood,Furyk all ew with smaller stakes on Chappell and Thompson in the open.Some good value to be had in the sub-standard field in France.I backed M Tullo 33/1 and P Edberg 66/1 ew and am hoping for a good run from my 2 picks.

redzerdrog wrote: »
    If it makes yas feel better about everyone tipping up gmac, i dont fancy him at all at his current price, maybe at 40s id consider him. For me the most important thing this week will be gir and gmacs stats are very poor in that regard, i know his driving and scrambling are amongst the best but just think the gir is so important.

i agree,price is a joke.
    My main bet this week is Furyk,he ranks 1st on tour in prox to the hole,considering some of the clubs he's hitting into greens compared with the bigger hitters that's very impressive and obviously control of distance on approach shots will be key here more than most weeks.
    On the flip side his putting has not been up to scratch of late.

In the euro event i'm on Thomas Norret @110/1 e/w

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Gone a bit mad this week and have half the field backed -

Gmac
    Rory
    Chappell
    Kaymer
    Thompson
    Olsen
    Henley

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive