Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,610 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Irish Open this weekend.
    In Shops offers:
    Boyles and Ladbrokes are both going 10 places for e/w bets.
    Paddy Power only going 8 places but you have "insurance" of Money Back All Losers if Rory McIlroy wins it!
    Check prices as with all offers, some prices may include extra margin due to the offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Anybody know where to bet on individual players to have a hole in 1?

Edit: Boyle’s are doing a price of 100/1 for each individual

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Realalemadrid

DDF Irish Open

Lots of serious Irish interest this week but from a betting perspective Niall Kearney has been forgotten about and is a must bet at 150/1. He led a really strong field last week in Germany by 3 shots after 2 rounds and while he faded over the weekend he didn't capitulate at all ( Finished T12) and hopefully the experience will stand to him this week if he can maintain his form. (Sky 8 places 1pt e/w)

Justin Harding 50/1 and Andrew Johnston 50/1 are both in with a great shout. Harding bounced right back to form last week in Germany with a Top 5 and has been in fine form on all season - this course should suit also. Johnson has been slowly creeping back up the rankings after a tough spell - he becoming more consistent now as well and looks like another suited by the course. Both 1pt e/w with Sky.

And a speculative shot on Swedish newcomer Vincent Norrman - top 5 in the world as an amateur - only turned Pro last week for that BMW event in Germany and made a hole in one on a par 4 on his way to a T5 finish - He also finished T12 in his first European tour event as an Amateur a few weeks back. He looks to have a lot of potential. 100/1 - 1pt e/w with Sky again.

Rocket Mortgage Classic

I can't give up on MacKenzie Hughes - this will be my 3rd spin on him in the last few weeks but he keeps showing glimmers and I can't help thinking there is a huge week in him. 125/1 8 places PP 1pt e/w

Mark Hubbard is a big Price after a T12 last week and a similar finish at this event last year - seems to be improving over the past few weeks.
    125/1 8 places Sky PP 1pt e/w

• Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭zimmermania

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Irish Open this weekend.
    In Shops offers:
    Boyles and Ladbrokes are both going 10 places for e/w bets.
    Paddy Power only going 8 places but you have "insurance" of Money Back All Losers if Rory McIlroy wins it!
    Check prices as with all offers, some prices may include extra margin due to the offer.

Bar One also going 10 places yesterday when I put a few quid on my fancies

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭munster87

Doyler92 wrote: »
    Anybody know where to bet on individual players to have a hole in 1?

Edit: Boyle’s are doing a price of 100/1 for each individual

In which tournament?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,610 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Bar One also going 10 places yesterday when I put a few quid on my fancies

Would love if they had a few more shops in Dublin.

I put a few quid on Syme today (of around 3 oc) to continue the good form of scottish players on tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Realalemadrid

Bit late but Stewart Cink showed some promise last week - I like him at 80/1 - only 5 places. Also, I backed Chez Reavie last week for the Open at 400/1 - a little disappointing but this course at the 3M open might suit him. 66/1 - 5 places also.

Invested 40 euro today in a novel bet,a group of 4 players doubled with a group of 2 players making 8 ew doubles.

The novel part of the bet is that the odds I took represent betting without prices,I.e without 5 fancied players in each tournament as can be seen on the betting slip.

the without players are Koepka,Morikawa,Schauffle,Spieth Thomas.and Armitage, Sullivan, Fox, Kawamura.

• Advertisement

Tried the betting without 5 again this week 5 places 1/4 odds ew in the European Masters. Stuck with the fantasy golf in the US.

Soderberg 100/1 Samooja 45/1 and Arnaus 40/1, the without players are Wiesberger,Harding,Hill,Horsey and Detry.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,919 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Gone all in on our brave boys in blue this weekend: Garcia, Hovland and Lowry for top euro, R-Mac top overall and Rahm top overall/Europe to win

Btw is there another golf betting thread somewhere; doesn't seem to be much happening here

Well that went well. Garcia still alive I suppose.

Throwing good money after bad with a singles acca of Rahm/DJ/English/Finau/Bryson

Andalucia Masters

A couple of Palmer's tips (I forget which😁) and 1 or 2 of me own darts...

R Bland 28/1

W Besseling 50/1

Schwab 28/1

A Arnaus 25/1

All PP and ew... 7 plcs a fifth

This is the one you're looking for; it's in the Golf Forum, if you're still interested

Even less happening on this one 😂

It's hard to find, as it's not in the sticky... Page 4 I think.. Just bumped it... Should be on page 1 now..

Cheers. I'd probably be best stay away from them all, going by the above...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Golf forum so frustrating. If there is a thread going on a major you can't make a comment on a bet or it will be deleted/moved/ you will be warned. Also commentator talk banned. Totally kills discussion.

Over zealous modding who (IMO) seem to have a thing against gambling.

That's the way it was anyhow.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,022 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

This thread has been running for over 8 years. It has quietened lately but normally there is a bit of chat re golf bets in here.

Any chat about bets on golf - this would be the place for it.

Joakim Lagergren at 50/1 might be a bit of value in the Portugal Masters at the Victoria course in Vilamoura,i have been at this tournament many times and it is a great place to be for a week as one gets very close to the players on the practice ground and the putting green.

Not much trouble getting food and drink and the local hotels provide transport to and from the course which is a few miles outside Vilamoura.

Big greens,wide fairways means scoring is always very good and a hot putter is essential with scores around 20 under usually required.

Lagergren is officially the best putter in Europe at this point in time and should give us a run for our money.

The PGA moves to Mexico with a fairly good field,i mostly stick with PP fantasy golf where one can bet very small (or very large) stakes,pick 6 golfers and watch how they perform over the 4 days.

Ancer,Thomas,Wise,Finau at the top of the market and Ortiz,Long,Spaun,Todd at the other end will be the players that make up my entries.

Lagergren a non runner but I may have got a good replacement in running when I discovered Lagergren was out,my picks in the fantasy all going well and hopeful of a profit.

• Advertisement

^^^

Was annoyed I forgot to back Lagergren after you put him up,,, Meant to back him when I was in the shop on Wednesday..

Was even more confused when I looked at the scoreboard, and couldn't see the bugger anywhere on it 😴 Must've spent 10 minutes looking up and down the scoreboard 2 or 3 times 😂

LAGERGREN 70/1 tomorrow,dont know why he pulled out last week but have backed him ew this week in a tougher tournament for small money.

Also Forrest 50/1 and Sullivan 50/1 both ew for small money.

The main action for me this week is the fantasy golf again a few entries built around Wolff,Wise,Gooch,Smith,McNealy,Long.Leishman,Henley,Norlander,Scott, Im ,if that seems like a lot bear in mind its 6 on a team and i have a few teams entered.

I left out the first 3 in the betting and hoping they do not perform too well as that will knock a lot out of the running.

Got the place money as Sullivan had a good last round and almost doubled my stake so not too unhappy,have a chance of a decent few quid in the PP fantasy golf if

Low grade tournaments this week,mens in South Africa and womens in Spain.

No stars in either place but I backed a couple as there's no fantasy golf this week.

Brandon Stone at 28 to 1 might be a bit of value on home territory this week if he gets the putting going.

The ladies European tour comes to close in Spain for this year in Marbella.

The Race to the Costa Del Sol is already won by Thai player Atthaya Thitikul and she has a good chance of success as the small field has a good few invitees and a lot of no hopers

However one who should take beating is the dour but talented Carlota Ciganda who has won over 6 million dollars to date in her career.

She will find this a lot easier than the lpga tour (where she has won twice) and will be hard to beat at 11 to 2.

Stone recovered a little before play was suspended and has a bit of a chance now.

Ciganda on the other hand is well on course after shooting 6 under today and there are probably less than a handful in the field who can beat her.

I should have done a rev forecast on the womens golf lol as the two i mentioned battle it out tomorrow,Ciganda will probably prevail but it would be all over except for a few sloppy shots today finding water on the 15th and young Thitikul is one to watch next year.

I got easy money this year when Celine Boutier won a European event and herself and Ciganda can be considered banker material in LET events finding things a lot easier than LPGA events usually dominated by top USA,South Koreans and Thai players.

It will be tougher this week,i backed Dylan Fritelli in South Africa and did a few bets on the fantasy golf with PP built around McIlroy Morikawa Hovland and Thomas at the upper level and Rose Reed Simpson and Burns at the lower level.

The fantasy will be difficult this week ,a tiny field,no cut means luck will play a greater role than usua,all punters will have the top guys covered and what happens with the cheaper guys will determine who wins some money.

Reed is the cheapest purchase but i included him as well as Rose as he will not be in many entries.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Its that time f year again when I decide I am going to be more disciplined in my betting and track p&l and trends etc.

Rather have to input this into a spreadsheet like I used to, is there any good bet tracking websites or apps out there that people would recommend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭markc91

I used to use one called betdog.eu but not sure if its still around. Worth a try though

Advertisement