Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

callaway92 wrote: »
    . . .and that's that folks. The kiss of death has been done.

Thank you sir . . . .

i think you really do beleive Nuri is responsible for Stenson's poor play............pretty scary,no:rolleyes: or :D in your posts to convince us ur only having the craic

i only have Donald (win only 40/1) running for me.
    Thinking of doing a few more to keep me interested.stricker's a bit short imo,just can't back Mahan as i dislike the chap and would find it hard cheering him on.
    think Rose @9/1 is ok value and Day @16/1 good price,anyone see the pins for today yet,think they will set pins up fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

Thinking of doing a few more to keep me interested.stricker's a bit short imo,just can't back Mahan as i dislike the chap and would find it hard cheering him on.
    think Rose @9/1 is ok value and Day @16/1 good price,anyone see the pins for today yet,think they will set pins up fair.

10-1 for Luke Donald isn't bad value at two shots behind.

Thumbs up for Hunters wife

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

i think you really do beleive Nuri is responsible for Stenson's poor play............pretty scary,no:rolleyes: or :D in your posts to convince us ur only having the craic

Not a peep from him when Stenson got back to +1 funnily enough :rolleyes:

Two double bogeys killed the round in the end unfortunately, not the start, even if it was a poor start.

Usually the pin placements are out by now, but I haven't seen anything yet which is a bit weird. Perhaps it's been tweeted and I missed it.

Agree re: Rose and Day. Added both at those odds for interest.

Good luck with Donald.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

havent seen the pin placement myself but saw a tweet saying they were all tucked into the edges of the greeens

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 786 ✭✭✭fangee

Birdies to be had. Get on Horschel at 16's or even 20's in some places.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

fangee wrote: »

very few are under par at all! what game are u watching!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Kuchar,Mickelson,Westwood,Furyk all ew with smaller stakes on Chappell and Thompson in the open.Some good value to be had in the sub-standard field in France.I backed M Tullo 33/1 and P Edberg 66/1 ew and am hoping for a good run from my 2 picks.
    Edberg dropped one at the last to share 5th place,a pity as i had a tenner ew @66/1 still i will get €87.50 back.I have €8 ew Mickelson @22/1 and if he can hole a few putts i might collect.

mickelson is a cert no way he loses from here!!!

How much did you lose on Snedeker

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

What is your yearly salary? Wait, hold on- that's non of my business.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

Agree re: Rose and Day. Added both at those odds for interest.

It wasn't pre-tourney but after the year I've had so far, I'll ****ing gladly take it! :D

A tad intrusive. £1,800 on him to win but placed over 3-4 months so doesn't feel that sore.

Mostly winnings from other events.

Haven't had a penny on for 2 months since I read about his injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Happy enough with the one place considering the part the weather played on Thursday.A few quid for next week's ill-informed pick's at least.
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭EI2011

`fair play justin rose

class play class interviews

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    It wasn't pre-tourney but after the year I've had so far, I'll ****ing gladly take it! :D

The reason i backed him today was his interview after saturday's round.Not over confident but he looked soo driven.
    Luckilly for me Dufner the grumpy cnut got into a place,thankfully e/w 7 places @60/1 so a profitable week(for a change)

Nice one. Didn't really get to see much but happy with 2 performances. Had €300 on Brandt for the US Open last night because I feel he will be in tip top shape for it. Woke up to Streelman finishing 2nd at 80's.

I make that a free bet on Brandt for the next major and with change. Had €30 EW on Streelman. That's a 20/1 winner in my book !!!

Will have another €200 on snedeker today.

Sober up and then start studying for this week. A two day process.

Posted a month ago
    A tad intrusive. £1,800 on him to win but placed over 3-4 months so doesn't feel that sore.

I still haven't figured out if you are genuine or full of bull sh1t to be honest, there does be a lot of discrepancies in your postings between here and the horse racing forum. It's tough to figure out to be honest

3 weeks in a row getting a winner for my log

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=85112988&postcount=146

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

i had him backed too.not for much but i thought he did ok this week.top 20 finish isnt the worst. i agree with what u say about not hurting when bets placed ages ago. i tend to do that too. have done it so far this year for darts and next years world cup.something to look forward to and will have forgotten about the stakes by the time it starts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

He's out as far as 50s now for the Open next month.No harm in having some of that.

• Advertisement

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Posted a month ago

I still haven't figured out if you are genuine or full of bull sh1t to be honest, there does be a lot of discrepancies in your postings between here and the horse racing forum. It's tough to figure out to be honest

Stalker alert Fangee, your other posts are being monitored.

Creepy

Posted a month ago

Wow. You think I care what you think ?

Just press the ignore button.

ianburke wrote: »
    i had him backed too.not for much but i thought he did ok this week.top 20 finish isnt the worst. i agree with what u say about not hurting when bets placed ages ago. i tend to do that too. have done it so far this year for darts and next years world cup.something to look forward to and will have forgotten about the stakes by the time it starts

Yeah. It's time to pick somebody for the World Cup and start punting on them monthly.

It'll be Columbia or Uruguay for me. I think.

bradlente wrote: »
    He's out as far as 50s now for the Open next month.No harm in having some of that.

Once bitten and all that jazz. Although 50/1 is a mistake. That is very overpriced.

His injury problems will probably stop me from backing him to be honest.

Think ill be all over Tigef for the open.

Wow. You think I care what you think ?

Just press the ignore button.

you might not care what i think but you obviously care what others think otherwise you wouldnt be trying to be johnny big balls claiming to have €1800 on a golfer and the try to qualify it by saying it was over 3 to 4 months but you hadnt a penny on in 2 months yet the 1st post you make on it is a month ago. also sneadeker had an injury around march/april iirc so i find it hard to beleive you were punting him big during that spell.

hhmmm i smell porkies!

Not as excited as I should be but mainly due to Snedeker's recent injury problems. Have been backing him for a few months but the confidence is gone.

Anyway, selections as follows -

BRANDT SNEDEKER - 33/1 ( have to put him up, been backing him for months)

SERGIO GARCIA - 40/1

JUSTIN ROSE - 28/1

STEVE STRICKER - 50/1

Would you adam and eve it ?

I forgot to back him or Stricker.

What a numpty.

Does that qualify as after timing ? But in reverse ?

you might not care what i think but you obviously care what others think otherwise you wouldnt be trying to be johnny big balls claiming to have €1800 on a golfer and the try to qualify it by saying it was over 3 months but you hadnt a penny on in 2 months yet the 1st post you make on it is a month ago. also sneadeker had an injury around march/april iirc so i find it hard to beleive you were punting him big during that spell.

hhmmm i smell porkies!

Yada yada yada.

Somebody asked me a question.

I answered it.

Now you got your balls in a hoop.

Here's a bit of schoolyard psychology for you.

The things we don't like in others are generally aspects of ourselves that we don't like.

You're the guy with his own thread on his golf selections.

You have discouraged others from posting as it's your "private" thread so everybody can see how great (or nor so great) you are.

I presume nobody follows it as you now put the link for it into this thread.

You have just stated above that you have tipped up 3 winners in a row or something to that affect.

Who's the johnny big balls ? Although seems a tad more needy balls to me.

I'm bored with you and hungover. Please feel free to ignore me.

All I did was answer a question and you're all over it. Wish I had your energy.

Yada yada yada.

Somebody asked me a question.

I answered it.

Now you got your balls in a hoop.
    You were called out on being a spoofer and instead of putting forward an reasonable argument you come out with this rubbish.
    Here's a bit of schoolyard psychology for you.

The things we don't like in others are generally aspects of ourselves that we don't like.
    Again more rubbish as you will find I am open about my stakes and don't claim to back in unrealistic amounts to make myself look like something I am not
    You're the guy with his own thread on his golf selections.

You have discouraged others from posting as it's your "private" thread so everybody can see how great (or nor so great) you are.
    I don't think you understand the concept of having a log very well, maybe have a look at the challenges/log section of the forum and educate yourself on the matter.
    I presume nobody follows it as you now put the link for it into this thread.

You have just stated above that you have tipped up 3 winners in a row or something to that affect.

Who's the johnny big balls ? Although seems a tad more needy balls to me.
    I post the link for it here to show my selections as most of the chat around the events takes place here. I don't know how many people follow it to be honest but if even one or two people get something from it so be it.
    And actually its 4 winners over the last 3 weeks so its doing quite well at the minute you should check it out sometime.

You were called out on being a spoofer and instead of putting forward an reasonable argument you come out with this rubbish.

Again more rubbish as you will find I am open about my stakes and don't claim to back in unrealistic amounts to make myself look like something I am not

I don't think you understand the concept of having a log very well, maybe have a look at the challenges/log section of the forum and educate yourself on the matter.

I post the link for it here to show my selections as most of the chat around the events takes place here. I don't know how many people follow it to be honest but if even one or two people get something from it so be it.
    And actually its 4 winners over the last 3 weeks so its doing quite well at the minute you should check it out sometime.

Listen very carefully.

You are getting me mixed up with somebody who actually cares about what you think.

I will continue to answer any questions I am asked and it's unfortunate it upsets you so much.

I know school is out for the Summer and you have more time on your hands and you have the vigour of youth that doesn't allow you to be wrong but will you kindly stop bothering me with your inane childish comments.

I had a quick look at your private (nobody else post here) thread.

I see somebody asked you how much you won on a bet and you promptly responded €700.

Does that make you a billy big b*llocks too ? Using your own rationale of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Take it elsewhere lads.

Advertisement