Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

fangee wrote: »
    redzerdrog wrote: »

Listen very carefully.

You are getting me mixed up with somebody who actually cares about what you think.

I will continue to answer any questions I am asked and it's unfortunate it upsets you so much.

I know school is out for the Summer and you have more time on your hands and you have the vigour of youth that doesn't allow you to be wrong but will you kindly stop bothering me with your inane childish comments.

I had a quick look at your private (nobody else post here) thread.

I see somebody asked you how much you won on a bet and you promptly responded €700.

Does that make you a billy big b*llocks too ? Using your own rationale of course.

still cant grasp some basic concepts I see, anyway the schoolyard retort if always a great one when losing an arguement. well played sir!

am done i just hope poeple see you for the bluffer you are and dont lose to much following someone claiming to have 1800 on a golfer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 786 ✭✭✭fangee

redzerdrog wrote: »

still cant grasp some basic concepts I see, anyway the schoolyard retort if always a great one when losing an arguement. well played sir!

am done i just hope poeple see you for the bluffer you are and dont lose to much following someone claiming to have 1800 on a golfer

OK. So £1800 (not euro) is obviously an incomprehensible amount of money for you to stake. I respect that.

The basic concept I grasped is that when another poster asked me a question you took some offence. I respect that.

Although when you were asked a very very similar question and you responded with your answer then that is ok.

I don't see the differences. In fact in is hypocritical on your behalf.

The school comment wasn't a dig. You said recently on a post that you were studying for an exam the following day.

Also, I have never asked anybody to back any of my selections. I merely post them up for a bit of fun. But fun this is not.

YayaBanana wrote: »
    Take it elsewhere lads.

When someone calls me a liar I'm allowed to defend myself. You can use your ignore button.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

When someone calls me a liar I'm allowed to defend myself. You can use your ignore button.

I've used the report button. Take it to pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭EI2011

anyone with a link for the irish open odds?

• Advertisement

EI2011 wrote: »

i doubt there any out yet it is not on till next week

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Doubt odds will up till early next week. Sure, odds aren't up for this weeks events in Europe and the US yet with the vast majority of the bookies.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Doubt odds will up till early next week. Sure, odds aren't up for this weeks events in Europe and the US yet with the vast majority of the bookies.

sound man.. you heading down for it? f molinari be interested in his price wont be far off fav

sound man.. you heading down for it? f molinari be interested in his price wont be far off fav

Aye, heading down for Tuesday for sure as simply you just get to see more on the practice days from numerous past experiences at the Irish Open and AMEX WGC event back in '04 .

Might head down on weekend for a day too, but I haven't decided yet. Should be good anyway. Was up there last week playing the O'Meara and the Montgomerie course looked in mighty fine nick.

Francesco's putting is the only thing that puts me off putting money on him tbh.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

The bickering stops now. Take it to PM, or bans will be handed out. This is not the first warning, but it is the last.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭ledgebag1

Holy Jesus what had this thread become😄

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

ledgebag1 wrote: »
    Holy Jesus what had this thread become😄

The claws have been out all day.

Back to the reason we are here, i wonder how Lowry will do on home turf. Looking forward to going on the Saturday and Sunday.

Richard rock

The claws have been out all day.

Back to the reason we are here, i wonder how Lowry will do on home turf. Looking forward to going on the Saturday and Sunday.

Are Saturday and Sunday tickets still available? Are they pricey

ledgebag1 wrote: »
    Are Saturday and Sunday tickets still available? Are they pricey

31 each day online. Can pay at the gate each day think its dearer. I think there's a four day ticket for 70

Travelers Championship:

1) Hunter Mahan @ 18/1 (Betvictor) - Boy does he love this course, so much so that he is the all-time leading money winner in this event. He’s won, finished runner up twice and finished another time in the top 4 also. He was right there last week till pretty much the end as well. It was really between Mahan or Dufner for this week and I had to opt for the past winner of this event.

2) Rickie Fowler @ 28/1 (Skybet)- Finished a credible tied 10th place last week. Usually have a few bets on him during the season but up now, I don't think I have. Stand to be corrected on this Not much else to say besides that.

3) John Rollins @ 40/1 (Coral) - Gotta give Redzer his props for this one for mentioning him in his log, my local pro happened to tip him for this week too when I was out playing at my local club earlier yesterday as well. Rollins has back to back top 5′s in this event, add in the fact he's coming off the back of a pair of top ten’s coming.. well, it makes sense. He has top 25′s in four of his last five starts.

BMW International:

1) Matteo Manassero @ 25/1 (Skybet) - Recent winner at Wentworth and finished fourth at the Nordea Masters, so Manassero has stepped it up another level this season. I honestly wouldn't make much of his US Open. Sure he missed the cut but he didn't play badly considering the difficulty of the course and the numbers he put up (74 and 75).

Fairly straight forward for me this week.

JOHN ROLLINS @ 33/1 stateside. Has been in good form recently and has some very good course form.

I'm also going to dabble in Europe for the first time in a long time.

FELIPE AGUILAR @ 80/1. Again similar reasons to ROLLINS. Good recent form and good course form.

Think an EW double is on the cards too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Travelers Championship:

1) Hunter Mahan @ 18/1 (Betvictor) - Boy does he love this course, so much so that he is the all-time leading money winner in this event. He’s won, finished runner up twice and finished another time in the top 4 also. He was right there last week till pretty much the end as well. It was really between Mahan or Dufner for this week and I had to opt for the past winner of this event.

Tempted to go for him again now.I'm not keen on some of the short price's here.Rose,just after the biggest win of his career might not be too focused on making a big impact here.Dufner and Watson haven't been playing well and don't look appealing to me either.Hoffman look's an ok price at 50s I think.3 top 10 finishes in his last 8 .I've gone for Streelman as well.He's had a poor couple of event's but might find his feet on a course he like's.66/1 is ok.

Travelers Championship

Graham DeLaet @ 66/1 with Boyles. He has had a good couple months on tour, 8 top 25's this season with 3 top 10's. One of the longest drivers on tour and also 1st in GIR %, hopefully he has a good weekend with the putter. He should be fresh now after having a couple weeks off so hopefully some of the US Open guys will struggle after a punishing week at Merion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Hoffman into 40s now.

I was thinking of going for Ross Fischer in the BMW with his course history but can't bring myself to take to 22/1.He's playing some really poor stuff as of late should be 33s at least imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

Travelers Championship

Graham DeLaet @ 66/1 with Boyles. He has had a good couple months on tour, 8 top 25's this season with 3 top 10's. One of the longest drivers on tour and also 1st in GIR %, hopefully he has a good weekend with the putter. He should be fresh now after having a couple weeks off so hopefully some of the US Open guys will struggle after a punishing week at Merion.

great minds think alike,he's my only bet this week in the us.

Backed Norren in the euro event.

euro golf

went with bjorn 33/1 great price

Els leading in Europe, FML :pac:

I was in Carton yesterday and saw this on the 17th, had to take a picture of it. Nice prize for a hole in one, Carton Golf course looks amazing the amount of prep that is being done up there.

9 GIR out of 9 for DeLaet and only 1 birdie, needs to start holing a few putts soon.

9 GIR out of 9 for DeLaet and only 1 birdie, needs to start holing a few putts soon.

As soon as I say it he makes 2 birdies in a row. Go on!

As soon as I say it he makes 2 birdies in a row. Go on!

Make that 4 in a row.

someone tell me the pga app is acting up and Rollins didnt shoot 8 over today :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

Make that 4 in a row.
    in with a good chance,i'm also on Noren in the bmw but didn't double them up

Advertisement