Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

in with a good chance,i'm also on Noren in the bmw but didn't double them up

Looking at the PGA shot tracker he hit 17 GIR last night, only missing the 18th green, where he still made birdie. Definitely playing good. Hopefully he can have another good solid round today.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭EI2011

come on bjorn

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

This year is reminding me of 2010 far too much.

:D

Mahan has absolutely imploded today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Harrington is looking to smash course record today in a bad way :eek::eek:
    Can someone tell me what does MDF beside players names mean ,
    It shows who missed cut and the shows list of players with MDF beside them ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

http://golftips.golfsmith.com/mdf-golf-scoring-20130.html

It means Made cut, Did not Finish.

Quick Google -
    Here's an example from the 2008 Sony Open:

If you happened to come across the designation "MDF" well down the list of names through 36 holes of the Sony Open over the weekend, don't feel bad for not knowing what it meant.

Many of the PGA Tour players affected didn't, either.

The letters stand for "made [cut] didn't finish" and it altered the weekend plans of 18 players in the Sony field who were given credit for making the 36-hole cut, received FedEx Cup points and were paid.

They were the victims of a new PGA Tour rule in 2008 designed to keep field sizes manageable.

Regular PGA Tour events, which typically start with fields of 132, 144 or 156 players, have long had a 36-hole cut with the top 70 players and ties advancing to the final two rounds.

But in November, in an effort to keep field sizes smaller, the PGA Tour Policy Board enacted a new rule: The top 70 and ties still make the cut. But if the cut exceeds 78 players, only the number nearest to 70 continues in the tournament.

In the case of the Sony, there were 87 players who finished at even-par 140 or better. The nearest number to 70 was 69 players at 1-under 139 or better. So 18 players were credited with a made cut and paid $9,699.

the big one this week

have a feeling bjorn be there again this week so hes my first pick

YayaBanana wrote: »
    Travelers Championship

Graham DeLaet @ 66/1 with Boyles. He has had a good couple months on tour, 8 top 25's this season with 3 top 10's. One of the longest drivers on tour and also 1st in GIR %, hopefully he has a good weekend with the putter. He should be fresh now after having a couple weeks off so hopefully some of the US Open guys will struggle after a punishing week at Merion.

3rd place. Should have won really, missed a few putts again today. He will win this season I'm sure, excellent player.

YayaBanana wrote: »
    3rd place. Should have won really, missed a few putts again today. He will win this season I'm sure, excellent player.

Very unlucky with his 2nd shot on the 16th. He was 55's with Powers so happy enough with the place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Not only was I on Hoffman but also had my weekly punt on Ryan Moore,Both tied for 7th!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Had a tenner ew Bubba@20S dropped 3 shots in last 3 holes in 3rd round,puts a 9 iron in the water when looking all over a winner today and makes a triple bogey jesus his head is a mess snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

irish open... what are yous putting your euros on?

Lowry and Bjorn so far. Powers paying out 6 places

Irish Open

Francesco Molinari @28/1 Has played well at times this year already, not liking any of the players on lower odds, McDowell, Fisher, McIlroy and Harrington are all at crazy prices for the way they are playing imo. 28/1 is a bit of value I think.

AT&T National

Graham DeLaet @ 33/1 Going with DeLaet again this week after a very good performance last week, stronger field this week so I was hoping for better odds but I'm still going to back him.

Can't seem to catch players at the right time this year, have already backed Sang Moon-Bae, Boo Weekley and Ken Duke this year but just not in the right events.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭ledgebag1

Richard Sterne 40/1
    Simon Dyson 80/1
    R Rock 100/1
    Molinari 28/1
    Cabrera Bello 66/1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭SEORG

AT&T
    David Lingmerth 110/1
    Kevin Chapell 60/1

Irish Open
    Peter Uihlein - 50/1
    Paul Casey - 50/1
    Robert Jan Derksen - 100/1 ( First round Leader )

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 786 ✭✭✭fangee

AT&T.

Main bet will be RYAN PALMER @ 40's with a few quid going on FREDDIE JACOBSON @ 40's too.

irish open
    bjorn win
    b stone ew
    s dyson ew

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 irelandguy10

Hello guys the irish open is this week and harrington has a great record at the event. At 20-1 however is that value for harrington at the moment if not who is , cheers!

This is the first time in a few weeks that i do not have a real fancy in the golf tournaments.However in my local pp shop i saw they were enhancing McIlroys price to 10/1 so i had 25 ew on 6 places.With Woz out of Wimbledon he may be able to concentrate on the golf.If he brings his a game to Carton House he will be as low as 2/1 after the first or second day though one never knows with McIlroy.The bet for me is Luiten to beat F Molinari @10/11 PP dead heat rules apply in other words i wont lose all my money if its a tie,i have €110 to win €100 and Luiten comes out ahead on all stats as well as being in the form of his life,im hoping the fast running greens will scupper Molinaris chance and earn me a ton.I may have a bet or 2 after 1st round.

Hello guys the irish open is this week and harrington has a great record at the event. At 20-1 however is that value for harrington at the moment if not who is , cheers!
    The fact that he has not won for 5 years and is choking faster than someone being strangled would suggest his odds should be more than 100/1 and you would be wise to swerve him.

Too late for proper write up, sorry. Both Irish Open: bets games looked in great nick on Tuesday from what I saw though.

Irish Open:

1) Joost Luiten @ 28/!
    2) Paul Lawrie @ 40/1

AT&T:

1) Rickie Fowler @ 25/1
    2) Nicolas Colsaerts @ 80/1

Irish Open

S Lowry @ 22/1
    T Bjorn @ 16/1
    F Molinari @ 28/1
    A Quiros @ 100/1
    D Clarke @ 125/1

Can't wait for this, going to it on Friday, Saturday and Sunday

AT&T

G DeLaet @ 33/1
    C Hoffman @ 40/1
    N Colsaerts @ 66/1

This is the first time in a few weeks that i do not have a real fancy in the golf tournaments.However in my local pp shop i saw they were enhancing McIlroys price to 10/1 so i had 25 ew on 6 places.With Woz out of Wimbledon he may be able to concentrate on the golf.If he brings his a game to Carton House he will be as low as 2/1 after the first or second day though one never knows with McIlroy.The bet for me is Luiten to beat F Molinari @10/11 PP dead heat rules apply in other words i wont lose all my money if its a tie,i have €110 to win €100 and Luiten comes out ahead on all stats as well as being in the form of his life,im hoping the fast running greens will scupper Molinaris chance and earn me a ton.I may have a bet or 2 after 1st round.
    Backed Luiten in his last 3 or 4 tournaments and he has nearly always delivered for me.I dont know why i fell for the enhanced price on McIlroy and wasted €50,Luiten will win me a ton for a profit of €50 but i should have had a bet ew on him and congrats to those who did i think they will collect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭ledgebag1

I wouldn't rule out robert rock either watching him the last two days and he is playing great golf

I don't believe this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

Not done anything this or last week but looking to play greenbrier next week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭todolist

SEORG wrote: »
    AT&T
    David Lingmerth 110/1
    Kevin Chapell 60/1

Irish Open
    Peter Uihlein - 50/1
    Paul Casey - 50/1
    Robert Jan Derksen - 100/1 ( First round Leader )
    Well done on tipping Paul Casey.

Advertisement