Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Alstom Open de France:

1) Joost Luiten @ 33/1

The Greenbrier Classic:

1) Webb Simpson @ 16/1
    2) Graham DeLaet @ 28/1

Thinking over whether or not to take Speith in the US @ 40's or Manassero in France @ 25's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭ledgebag1

De laet is due a win anytime now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Going with DeLaet again. Definitely due a win. Have my worries that his current form has to end soon though, there are only so many weeks that he can keep performing well.

PP paying 6 places @ 25/1

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭SEORG

Going for outsiders in a bit of form for the Greenbrier this week, has a history of big price winners.

Greenbrier Classic
    Patrick Reed 125/1 PP
    Morgan Hoffman 80/1 bet365
    Josh Teater 125/1 PP

Going to stick with the euro tour players in France
    Open de France
    Raphael Jacquelin 50/1
    Gregory Havret 70/1
    Pablo Larazabal 40/1

• Registered Users Posts: 27 irelandguy10

tips for the open championship? thinking harrington top 10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Open de France
    F Molinari 28/1

Greenbrier Classic
    W Simpson 16/1

€10 ew on each, Paddy Power doing a special if anyone is interested, place €20 on the open de France and get a €20 free bet for greenbrier, must be done by text bet

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭realgolfgeek

Greenbrier classic.

Andres Romero first round leader 80/1

Outright, 90/1 e.w

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

Webby 3 over after 7 back to 3 under

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

tips for the open championship? thinking harrington top 10

His odd's to win outright don't look particularly appealing to me anyway.Has it in his locker but is playing some fairly erratic stuff.

Thorbjorn Olesen's price's to win are strange this morning.He's 40's at lowest(B365 and WH),With a couple of 50's and 80's spread across the place and Stan James have the best price by far with 125/1.

Snedeker has gone back into 40s now.Kuchar @50's seem's a bit long to me,I'm a bit surprised it's the most settled price out there for him.

How is simpson getting it so wrong with his irons from 115 yards he is 15 yards short of green

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭EI2011

backed wagner at 18s just before they started round 3 18s and 1 shot off lead was big...6.4 now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

10pt win Jimmy Walker @11/5

can someone post this to my log please

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

redzerdrog wrote: »
    10pt win Jimmy Walker @11/5

can someone post this to my log please

Betting suspended on paddy power website for John Deere classic, wtf is going on.

Betting suspended on paddy power website for John Deere classic, wtf is going on.

no idea, I never back with powers website but everything seem alright looking at oddschecker. Maybe there was a late withdrawal and they were just updating their book or something

Stricker wins john dere

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

jjll wrote: »
    Stricker wins john dere

Hey!Use spoiler tags next time instead of ruining it on us all.

Not bothered watching it now.:mad:

:pac:

bradlente wrote: »
    Hey!Use spoiler tags next time instead of ruining it on us all.

Not bothered watching it now.:mad:

:pac:

Ok lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 786 ✭✭✭fangee

Stricker is rightly favourite but very short. I don't think Zach is in the form to win even though he also has a fantastic record here.

I think BRENDON DE JONGE is a huge price at 50/1 with Corals. I'm going to have a decent punt on him. He is a birdie machine when in the groove and he got his eye in nicely last year on this course. I would have him at 25's in this field so anything bigger is very decent value.

Best of luck to all !

De jonge is a choker maybe a birdie machine but come ladt 5 holes and he is in contention he chokes

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 786 ✭✭✭fangee

jjll wrote: »
    De jonge is a choker maybe a birdie machine but come ladt 5 holes and he is in contention he chokes

You may be right.

I think the more times a player puts himself into contention the more he learns to deal with the pressure / expectation of winning. Hopefully that will be the case with him this weekend.

But if he is in contention and bottles it then I may take your advice for future tournaments and give him a swerve.

• Advertisement

4pt win stricker @9/1
    2pt win DeJonge @46.0

1pt win Brooks Koepka @90.0
    Will prob do one more in the scottish after todays round

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Treble of-

John Deere - Steve Stricker
    Scottish Open - Marc Warren
    US Senior Open - Fred Couples

Saving the rest of my money for next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭EI2011

euro
    phil m ew

us
    zach j ew

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Forgot about posting here.

John Deere:

1) Steve Stricker @ 15/2
    2) Camillo Villegas @ 50/1

US Senior Open:

1) Bernard Langer @ 9/1

Yankee:
    Mickelson
    Stricker
    Perry
    Park

Just small stakes for interest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

Tip: Steer clear of de Jonge. Typical to see him near the top of the leaderboard at this stage, but his season finishes so far aren't great. Plenty of times he gets himself into contention and chokes.

Someone like Matt Jones at -4 (3rd last week) may be a good punt at EDIT: ugh he's 4th favourite! Crap odds at 25/1!

Didnt expect stricker to miss that 2ft 9inch putt for par but 3 off lead will do

Stricker done spoiler stricker dont win john dere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

I've said it a few times on this thread but people need to pay more attention to their own knowledge of what they are watching. There are certain players that, right now, can only win a tournament, almost by accident. PLayers like De Jonge and Gainey and dozens more are not good sunday players (unless they're 5+ shots back)

More importantly, these players also struggle to follow a great round with even a decent one. Take last week for example, Walker and Wagner show 64s on the saturday...both shot over par on the sunday and let Blixt in.

This week we have Summerhays...shot 62 yesterday...what will he do today? Not much is my guess.

• Advertisement

Not even goin to look at open will stick to america were i guess it will 20/1 the field at least

Advertisement