Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Dufner at 90's on betdaq. Thats me. Now for him to miss the cut by 17000 shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

ledgebag1 wrote: »
    Yeah I checked the open web page PP listing only a certain number in the shops. No robert rock or Raphael Jacqueline unfortunately I usually back them

Everyone is available on request i think that's what the app says anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Sir montygom

Louis oostuizen@60/1
    Geoff oglvy@125/1
    Dufner 80/1
    Sneds 40/1

Will have 5e/w on all for interest

Kaymer @60/1 and Cabrera 125/1 e/w are included

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

All small each way bets

Donaldson @ 150
    Watson @ 100
    Blixt @ 200
    Castano @ 125
    Lowry @ 80
    Colsaerts @ 66
    Fowler @ 50
    Oosthuizen @ 60
    Poulter @ 55

That should do it, it'd be horrific if all nine didn't make the cut.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭ledgebag1

Everyone is available on request i think that's what the app says anyway

Ah yeah I know but those particular guys I back are not there must have missed out making the tournament somehow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Bjorn @ 80/1
    Cabrera @ 125/1
    Jiminez @ 150/1
    Duval @ 1,000/1 :pac:

and McIlroy to miss the cut @ 100/30 (Harrington is also tempting at 2/1 to miss the cut)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 786 ✭✭✭fangee

It's a pity the weather is not nice as Rory said something about waiting for nice weather to win the Open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

fangee wrote: »
    It's a pity the weather is not nice as Rory said something about waiting for nice weather to win the Open.

The weather is beautiful, and McIllroy has been cat.

Bjorn @ 80/1
    Cabrera @ 125/1
    Jiminez @ 150/1
    Duval @ 1,000/1 :pac:

and McIlroy to miss the cut @ 100/30 (Harrington is also tempting at 2/1 to miss the cut)

Hope you have a nice wedge on McIlroy. Looking good.

• Advertisement

The weather is beautiful, and McIllroy has been cat.

That's my point. He was crying about bad weather in the UK and blaming it for his poor showings at the Open. No excuses today cryer. Think ill just refer to him as the cryer from now on. Not very likeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

That's my point. He was crying about bad weather in the UK and blaming it for his poor showings at the Open. No excuses today cryer. Think ill just refer to him as the cryer from now on. Not very likeable.

Poor showings?? Played 5 times, made the cut five times, a Silver Medal and a Top 3 finish - also he never mentioned the weather it was he's coach who claimed McIlroys ball flight was better suited to the calmer conditions more commonly encountered in America, something that results would suggest, and logic, that is quite correct.

Rory is going through a difficult patch at the moment but he is still ranked 2 in the world and a double Major winner, but you stay taking cheap shots at him becasue he probably cast you a few euro one week :rolleyes:

Cryer is not a word so by all means refer to him as that, it says more about you than it does about McIlroy.

Poor showings?? Played 5 times, made the cut five times, a Silver Medal and a Top 3 finish - also he never mentioned the weather it was he's coach who claimed McIlroys ball flight was better suited to the calmer conditions more commonly encountered in America, something that results would suggest, and logic, that is quite correct.

Rory is going through a difficult patch at the moment but he is still ranked 2 in the world and a double Major winner, but you stay taking cheap shots at him becasue he probably cast you a few euro one week :rolleyes:

Cryer is not a word so by all means refer to him as that, it says more about you than it does about McIlroy.

You love him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

You love him.

Nice mature well thought out response, would you care to actually address any of my points or preferably all of them??

Yeah. No worries. I apologise for misspelling crier.

It's HIS coach.

It's COST.

I hope the irony is not lost on you. Probably says more about me though eh ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

McIlroy is a prick and his 15 minutes of fame are over, wont ever come close to winning a major again imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

montyrebel wrote: »
    McIlroy is a prick and his 15 minutes of fame are over, wont ever come close to winning a major again imo

What garbage...

Besides the flirting going in here mark o meara is 80/1 with paddy power paying 5 places

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

ledgebag1 wrote: »
    Besides the flirting going in here mark o meara is 80/1 with paddy power paying 5 places

I've just backed him ew with ladbrokes 100/1 5 places

Yeah I backed him myself he might have a shocker tomorrow but feck it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Paddy Power have refunded on Hanson but not Oosthuizen. Bah.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

Mezcita wrote: »
    Paddy Power have refunded on Hanson but not Oosthuizen. Bah.

Why did Oosthuizen withdraw?

Why did Oosthuizen withdraw?

Hamstring problem. I think.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Folks, cop on. No personal stuff. Bans are next.

TrueDub wrote: »
    Folks, cop on. No personal stuff. Bans are next.

Huh?

the wheels are off for o meara :)

Any players make an impression on day one ?

Westwood is looking very good. Never seen him as a winner but his game looks very very good. Could be in contention come Sunday but hopefully another top 5 will be the best he can manage.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭fluff_daddy

G mac, Kaymer and Manaserro as my main picks and of course the patriotic few quid on Lowry and Maybin.

In the states have gone for Summerhays, Byrd and Flores. Summerhays way over priced at 22/1 IMO, he has been in very good nick lately and although he seems to struggle to get over the line, I am banking on the weaker field here allowing him he's wobble and still prevail.

good shout, great first round by the looks!

What a pleasure to watch this on the BBC. Shows sky and the golf channel for the torture they are to watch.

Nobody does sport like the BBC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

And no Ads!

Advertisement