Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 786 ✭✭✭fangee

okidoki987 wrote: »
    And no Ads!

That being the main benefit. You don't feel like killing yourself every 7 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Quick question, Paddy power paying 7 places when i backed Westwood and Woods E/W. i know its still early obviously but both are currently 4th with 5 others. If, and its just hypothetical, 7 people finished tied for fourth, do i get my full 1/4 odds or does the dead heat apply here. Not sure if it was just if there was tied for 7th?????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

79 for the day from Snedeker.

There's alway's next year...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭ledgebag1

He really is a strange auld player he seems to lose it very quickly and visibly too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

I added Dustin Johnson to my list at lunchtime today before he teed off , 16/1 . He's playing well & can hopefully keep it going into the weekend, i think he could be there or thereabouts come Sunday evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

thinking of addi g weisburger and donaldson if the odds are good enough but cant bloody access them on that poxy betfair app

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

redzerdrog wrote: »
    thinking of addi g weisburger and donaldson if the odds are good enough but cant bloody access them on that poxy betfair app

Went for small each way bet for cabrera bello, 2 shots behind 50-1

bradlente wrote: »
    79 for the day from Snedeker.

There's alway's next year...

Has ruined the tournament for me. Can't believe he folded like that.

Now just stakes savers on 2-3 who are still hanging in there. Might leave Snedeker alone now for a long long time.

It's all about Dustin for the PGA in August now.

fangee wrote: »
    Has ruined the tournament for me. Can't believe he folded like that.

Now just stakes savers on 2-3 who are still hanging in there. Might leave Snedeker alone now for a long long time.

It's all about Dustin for the PGA in August now.

did you do him to win or each way

did you do him to win or each way

Win.

• Advertisement

Win.

Might be good alright for both your health and wallet to stay away from him.

Might be good alright for both your health and wallet to stay away from him.

Yeah. I've pretty much lost all confidence in him now. Hey Ho. Ya live ya learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Everyone I talk to reckon Lee will bottle it tomorrow ? I was saving a 20e bet for final day and seen Ryan Moore @ 40s and only 4 shots behind .
    He had 5 birdies today so hopefully he can cut out mistakes tomorrow and give me a sweat
    20e Ryan Moore @ 40s ( win only )

Everyone I talk to reckon Lee will bottle it tomorrow ? I was saving a 20e bet for final day and seen Ryan Moore @ 40s and only 4 shots behind .
    He had 5 birdies today so hopefully he can cut out mistakes tomorrow and give me a sweat
    20e Ryan Moore @ 40s ( win only )

I've never seen Lee this together but there is always a chance he'll bottle it again. If that's the case then there are
    16 players within 4 shots of 2nd place.

Adam Scott appeals most to me of the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Sir montygom

Cabrera is a dark horse and hopefully he can get a few putts tomorrow!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

I fully expect Lee to hold out tomorrow, and yet there's now way I'd back him at 15/8 or 2/1 etc.
    Which is strange as if Tiger was in Lee's position, he'd be 2/5 easily!!!

Only runner left is a double on Tiger Top US (11/4) and Day Top Oz (5/2). Scott's looking pretty steady, so Day would need to do something special to pass him

Cabrera is a dark horse and hopefully he can get a few putts tomorrow!!!!!!

I certainly hope you're right. If lee comes back to the field I hope Angel can take advantage but I fear hid putting is not good enoug.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Sir montygom

I certainly hope you're right. If lee comes back to the field I hope Angel can take advantage but I fear hid putting is not good enoug.

If the putts drop I'd think he will be the man to beat! I think the conditions /course suit him and he has the balls to go and win it if its up for grabs. Tiger's final rounds in majors of late seem to be lacking and lee John needs a miracle to happen (putt well 4 rounds and not choke) for him to win, Scott is only other worry !

How did Hazel Irvine get this gig ? Truly awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭ledgebag1

Ah give over she's grand better than feckin monty

• Advertisement

ledgebag1 wrote: »
    Ah give over she's grand better than feckin monty

No doubt that Monty is a Douche but I find her a dose. Very hard to warm too. Comes across as quite false. The kind of lassie that doesn't listen when you're talking but just preparing what she wants to say next.

Anyway, having looked at the pairings the Scott / Tiger pairing could provide the winner. The kind of players that could really buzz off each other.

No doubt that Monty is a Douche but I find her a dose. Very hard to warm too. Comes across as quite false. The kind of lassie that doesn't listen when you're talking but just preparing what she wants to say next.

Anyway, having looked at the pairings the Scott / Tiger pairing could provide ithe winner. The kind of players that could really buzz off each other.

He's definitely in the zone, some amount of people watching him practise in the bunker earlier

Wow. They all seem to be struggling except Stenson and Westwood. Surely it's all Westwoods to lose now. Just can't see him melting down even though I want him to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Have Scott since before the first round and really fancied him coming into today but he's just not really doing it. Missed a very good birdie chance and has dropped a couple of shots. Not so confident now!

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Have Scott since before the first round and really fancied him coming into today but he's just not really doing it. Missed a very good birdie chance and has dropped a couple of shots. Not so confident now!

There ya go. If Westwood misses this you're 2 off the lead. Some putt by Scott.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

There ya go. If Westwood misses this you're 2 off the lead. Some putt by Scott.

A lovely second into 9 too so should be a birdie at least. Hopefully he can stay nice and steady. Saying earlier that he's not taken higher than bogey all week.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    A lovely second into 9 too so should be a birdie at least. Hopefully he can stay nice and steady. Saying earlier that he's not taken higher than bogey all week.

That's true. And unlike Westwood I think he will cope with the pressure better.

Lets face it. Westwood has not been put under pressure by anybody but is still faultering. It might help to refocus him but its still hard to call.

Pop Pop said after his round yesterday that he thought even par would win it and +1 would be a play off. He might be right but I think the greens have been easier today than he anticipated. It's really cooking up now.

And Pop Pop wins. Congrats to all who backed him pre tournament. . I just didn't see it happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Why are you calling him Pop Pop :confused:

Advertisement