Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

Open Championship:

1) Phil Mickelson @ 25/1
    2) Ernie Els @ 28/1
    3) Henrik Stenson @ 50/1
    4) Nicolas Colsaerts @ 66/1

How sweet it is!

About damn time the wretched 2013 golf betting streak snapped. Far too many close calls this season as I've moaned about once or twice. Near €650 netted from Phil winning and Stenson placing. Happy out :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

How sweet it is!

About damn time the wretched 2013 golf betting streak snapped. Far too many close calls this season as I've moaned about once or twice. Near €650 netted from Phil winning and Stenson placing. Happy out :)

fair play...nice work on that

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I've been backing Day for two full years at majors so may as well continue. 35/1

I'd be looking at Gmac too @25/1 will go one of two ways.

I keep coming back to Bubba Watson now @100/1 on PP too and can't shake it. Donaldson could do something too.

Also sneaky punts on Branden Grace @66/1 , Lowry @100/1 and Colsaerts @66/1

Not tips per se but just what my gut's shouting at me.

Well thank the heaven's I threw some loose change on Matsuyama @175/1 e/w to break-even :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 786 ✭✭✭fangee

How sweet it is!

Well done Nuri. Always good to see a Red winning a few quid. Although not sure if you're red or yellow (Dortmund) ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 786 ✭✭✭fangee

Hoki wrote: »
    Why are you calling him Pop Pop :confused:

From certain angles he reminds me of Pop Pop from Arrested Development. Been calling him that for 4 years now since my better half pointed it out.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

any idea why you cant get prices on PP for WGC Bridgestone Invitational?

btw McIlroy @ 25/1 for USPGA, doesn't really make much sense to me...i'd be thinking at least 50/1 on recent form.

Cheers lads.
    fangee wrote: »
    Always good to see a Red winning a few quid. Although not sure if you're red or yellow (Dortmund) ?

Both. Long story short, I grew up following Liverpool. Started following Dortmund from World Cup 2006.
    any idea why you cant get prices on PP for WGC Bridgestone Invitational?

btw McIlroy @ 25/1 for USPGA, doesn't really make much sense to me...i'd be thinking at least 50/1 on recent form.

You're right. He should be closer to 50/1 than 25/1 alright, but it's case of punters continuing to back Rory + bookies being a tad cautious, after all, he's still top class golfer and he is well able to get out of his current slump. Reference last year's one for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Shandog

This weekend going for Snedeker at 14/1, Mcdowell 25/1 E/w and H.Matasuyama 35/1 E/W.

No interest in Europe this week for me.

RBC Canadian Open

1) Dustin Johnson @ 25/1
    2) Hideki Matsuyama @ 35/1
    3) Mike Weir @ 200/1

A note on Weir, he seems to be finding his feet again after a terrible season last year where he missed the cut in every event he played in over the course of 2012. Finished around the top 25 in both the US Open and John Deere Classic. He also has course form around this week's course at Glen Abbey after finishing in the top 5 and losing in a playoff in the past as well. Top 20 is 6/1, if it were 10/1 I'd probably throw something on it. The Canadian Canada Open curse is my only worry, but with Weir it's worth a couple of quid E/W. No harm on the wallet. Kinda half thinking of sticking a bit of money on Delaet too admittedly.

The Senior Open:

1) Mark O'Meara @ 18/1
    2) Paul Wesselingh @ 80/1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Matsuyama appears popular this week, seen him tipped up in a few places

• Advertisement

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Matsuyama appears popular this week, seen him tipped up in a few places

Very impressive performance from him at the Open.

Very impressive performance from him at the Open.

And the U.S Open!

Only 21 aswell he is going to be a superstar!

So many fantastic young players coming through the ranks now i think they will all push eachother on over the next few years

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Deplasterer

Sneds at 15's & Schwartzel 23's on the exchange for me.

Russia tournament is smelly looking, wouldn't be surprised to see a 500/1 rag pop up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭applehunter

Schwartzel 20's 1/4 1,2,3,4,5,6

Another top 20 last week. Only a matter of time before he is in the winners circle.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭frat

D Johnson and Kirk in US - Hend and Fleetwood in Europe - doubles btw the lot.

Also a double of Johnson and O'Meara in the Seniors Open

Completely mind blanked on the Senior Open Championship >_<

1) Mark O'Meara @ 18/1
    2) Paul Wesselingh @ 80/1

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

Hopefully Snedeker will hold on, i've a nice bit of wedge on him for the win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

Hopefully Snedeker will hold on, i've a nice bit of wedge on him for the win.

Good luck with sneds everytime i back him he dont be near it

Hopefully you'll throw up a pic up if he does go onto win :)

Anyway, probably need another 63 from Johnson to have a chance today. Real shame about his first round. Can't see both Brandt Snedeker and Kuchar having average to poor rounds.

• Advertisement

Hopefully you'll throw up a pic up if he does go onto win :)

Anyway, probably need another 63 from Johnson to have a chance today. Real shame about his first round. Can't see both Brandt Snedeker and Kuchar having average to poor rounds.

Yeh of course just like yours from last week

jjll wrote: »
    Good luck with sneds everytime i back him he dont be near it

That's the beauty about the golf, it's the fear that kicks in when you don't back them. Looking at the betting for the uspga, just on powers Zach Johnson is 50's not a bad price and Kuchar is 33. Have to check odds checker not bad prices for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭ledgebag1

Just backed merrick 25/1 e/w come in boy

Yeh of course just like yours from last week

I don't after-time.

Also after-timing without a pic is against the charter AFAIR.

I thought Langer's odds were too low... :pac:

I thought Langer's odds were too low... :pac:

what price was he pre-tournie?

redzerdrog wrote: »
    what price was he pre-tournie?

From hazy memory, between 9/1 and 16/1. I think Couples was 7/1(?) generally and Langer was second favourite, so I imagine he probably was closer to 9/1. Short odds and a disappointing Senior US Open display a couple of weeks ago when I had backed him made me look elsewhere.

I don't after-time.

What charter????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭ledgebag1

I don't after-time.

What????

• Advertisement

From hazy memory, between 9/1 and 16/1. I think Couples was 7/1(?) generally and Langer was second favourite, so I imagine he probably was closer to 9/1. Short odds and a disappointing Senior US Open display a couple of weeks ago when I had backed him made me look elsewhere.

didnt look at it in great detail coz was very busy this week but vaguely recall think he was too short aswell and didnt have a bet at all!

he has some record this year though 6 top 3s and 13 top 25s in 14 events is some going.

has a great record in majors aswell

in hindsight what the f were we thinking!!!!!!! :-(

Advertisement