Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭ledgebag1

Hopefully Snedeker will hold on, i've a nice bit of wedge on him for the win.

Fair play backing snedeker nice risk that paid off, ain't that the beauty of golf

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

What charter????
    •The third rule of the Gambling forum is you do not afterpost. The fourth rule of the Gambling forum is you do not afterpost. The fifth rule of the gambling forum…. You get the idea. Afterposting is coming on here telling everybody about how much you won off a 12 fold accumulator. IF you aftertime in a thread, attach a picture of said bet with it in the live betting thread or aftertiming thread in the main forum of gambling. It only takes a minute or two at most to do this. Failure to produce a pic will result in a red card at the very least.
    ledgebag1 wrote: »
    What????

:confused:

Didn't watch any of the golf but looking at the scorecards, bitter pill to swallow looking at that triple bogey on 17 for DJ. Oh well, **** happens. Bit of E/W money at least.
    redzerdrog wrote: »
    didnt look at it in great detail coz was very busy this week but vaguely recall think he was too short aswell and didnt have a bet at all!

he has some record this year though 6 top 3s and 13 top 25s in 14 events is some going.

has a great record in majors aswell

in hindsight what the f were we thinking!!!!!!! :-(

Wow, not over yet it seems! Still hope he goes onto win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 freebonus

nice one indid

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

Fair play backing snedeker nice risk that paid off, ain't that the beauty of golf

So glad i stuck with him, nothing worse than when you stop backing them and they win. Her indoors will be delighted it's paying for a lovely weekend in Madrid at the end of August for the two of us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Hopefully Snedeker will hold on, i've a nice bit of wedge on him for the win.
    What charter????

This charter

So glad i stuck with him, nothing worse than when you stop backing them and they win. Her indoors will be delighted it's paying for a lovely weekend in Madrid at the end of August for the two of us.
    MOD

Hi Username exists,

Would you mind posting a screenshot of this bet within 24 hours please?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

probably did it in the shop and has already collected! langer really blew the seniors open. doubled the last when 1.01 on betfair

inforfun wrote: »
    This charter

MOD

Hi Username exists,

Would you mind posting a screenshot of this bet within 24 hours please?

Thanks in advance.

Hi

Im afraid i can't as i have collected on the bet. To be honest i find this whole situation a little strange and am wondering why as a moderator could you not have sent me a private message but instead opted to post a message for my attention in bold on the thread. I was also wondering where you contacted by Nuri about my breaking of the charter rules and who appears to be the last person to edit the charter and also should there not have been a direct link for the charter when this thread was set up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

Hi

Im afraid i can't as i have collected on the bet. To be honest i find this whole situation a little strange and am wondering why as a moderator could you not have sent me a private message but instead opted to post a message for my attention in bold on the thread. I was also wondering where you contacted by Nuri about my breaking of the charter rules and who appears to be the last person to edit the charter and also should there not have been a direct link for the charter when this thread was set up.

Because of the strong likelihood that you are talking through your hole? :D

Im afraid i can't as i have collected on the bet.

Not surprising.

My original post was at 2.20PM, even if you went in this morning to collect your winnings, you had plenty of time to take a pic of your bet that you just happened to mention after the third round with Sned in the lead!

Looking at past posts, you seem to back a fair few golfers per tourney. This time only one.
    To be honest i find this whole situation a little strange and am wondering why as a moderator could you not
    have sent me a private message but instead opted to post a message for my attention in bold on the thread.

You've been a member for how long? Pretty much an entire year. Moderators are allowed to make a public mod note or PM, however they choose to see fit. Heck, it's been done by other mods in the past in this very thread!
    I was also wondering where you contacted by Nuri about my breaking of the charter rules

Why the hell does that matter?

To satisfy your curiosity because inforfun has no right to answer your question under any circumstance, yeah. Yes I did. The gambling forum for the most part is a good community and after-timing has been long frowned upon.
    and who appears to be the last person to edit the charter

Once again, why the hell does this matter? Are you suggesting something?
    and also should there not have been a direct link for the charter when this thread was set up.

Don't be lazy. It's two clicks away if in this thread and the vast majority of people know where it is.

__

Apologises to inforfun, I probably should have applied some common sense and allowed him to reply first but some of those comments made. Sesssh.

• Advertisement

WGC Bridgestone Invitational

1) Dustin Johnson @ 28/1
    2) Henrik Stenson @ 40/1
    3) Hideki Matsuyama @ 80/1 (Skybet and Coral odds. Generally 66/1 everywhere else!)

Been a long time since I backed him, I think it's been over a year and his form suggests nothing to me that he'll be in the mix come Sunday, but I'm quite tempted by Rory this week admittedly. Course form is quite decent: 9th, 6th and 5th.

Hi

Your post was reported but who reported it, is not of your concern.
    That is alos the reason why it was posted here and i didnt bother to pm you. You dont expect the mods here to read every single post on this forum, i hope.

The charter is for the entire forum. Would be a bit silly to post the charter for every thread that is being opened.

And since it is not possible for you any more to get a screenshot i ll let it go. But please note, next time you will not get away with it.

And posting in bold = posting as a mod. Dont pick that up as being yelled at or anything ;)

End of discussion about this on thread, feel free to pm me if you have any other questions.

Because of the strong likelihood that you are talking through your hole? :D

No need for that, thanks.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Not surprising.

My original post was at 2.20PM, even if you went in this morning to collect your winnings, you had plenty of time to take a pic of your bet that you just happened to mention after the third round with Sned in the lead!

Looking at past posts, you seem to back a fair few golfers per tourney. This time only one.

You've been a member for how long? Pretty much an entire year. Moderators are allowed to make a public mod note or PM, however they choose to see fit. Heck, it's been done by other mods in the past in this very thread!

To satisfy your curiosity because inforfun has no right to answer your question under any circumstance, yeah. Yes I did. The gambling forum for the most part is a good community and after-timing has been long frowned upon.

Don't be lazy. It's two clicks away if in this thread and the vast majority of people know where it is.

__

Apologises to inforfun, I probably should have applied some common sense and allowed him to reply first but some of those comments made. Sesssh.

I am curious as to why you edited the charter, could you explain

Because he could when he was a moderator in may 2012

inforfun wrote: »
    Because he could when he was a moderator in may 2012

Thanks for answering, IMO things have got a bit ott. I understand your rules/ charter but in fairness usernames track record goes before him e seems to post well in advance one faux pas and all this?

Merely my two cents to keep future civiltiy

Not surprising.

Just to answer some of your questions, I also back Graham De Laet but had no reason to mention him as he wasn't in the running neither was Kevin Stadler who both I have backed in the past.

I don't post or look here all the time I have other things to be getting on with in life.

I never knew that a charter existed in the first place and didn't realise that I had to post my picks before the tournament kicked off but wasn't able to post because I had other things to do.

Never knew it existed I've only been on boards for a year now

__

I wonder has Muff Richardson seen this

2. Outbursts of personal abuse/racism/hissy fits/sarcastic jibes/newbie bashing etc. will not be tolerated. These posts will be deleted, and for most of these offences a ban will follow at the mods discretion.

I was a moderator of the gambling forum for over 2 years, till around April this year I think where I stepped down. I assumed this was fairly well known as I was the most active moderator by far and was regularly posting in the golf betting thread(s) and the football betting section.

I edited the charter back in May, 2012. It's not like I edited it in the past day to suit my argument or anything of the sort which my gut is telling me it's being hinted at :) It also says to contact El LoCo Ade (my former username) and xPyro too for any queries

You mentioned a bet that was in contention way after the event started but didn't mention the ones that weren't in contention. Not just in contention but leading by a couple of shots after the third round with one round to go. How do you think that looks like to others here who post here and post well in advance? I genuinely was hoping you'd throw up a pic and I'd have held my hands up and apologised and said fair play. I have no problem holding my hands up and admitting if I got something wrong whatsoever.

You've been posting most weeks in this thread. Have you seen others so blatantly after-time, and in doing so, not posted any proof? Rhetorical question. I already know the answer. If I did this, I'd fully expect to be infracted at the very least.

You've been a member of boards for pretty much the past year and have posted in multiple forums across the site. Every forum has a charter that's clear for everyone to see.

By the by, a glance at your profile, you were on boards this morning too. Before the bookies open up for you or anyone to collect. Could have taken a picture of said bet then if not yesterday.

I backed j merrick yesterday if he won would you request I post the betting slip.

Also I wasn't implying anything with me question to you which you haven't answered.

Rules are rules so we will move on

I was a moderator of the gambling forum for over 2 years, till around April this year I think where I stepped down. I assumed this was fairly well known as I was the most active moderator by far and was regularly posting in the golf betting thread(s) and the football betting section.

I edited the charter back in May, 2012. It's not like I edited it in the past day to suit my argument or anything of the sort which my gut is telling me it's being hinted at :) It also says to contact El LoCo Ade (my former username) and xPyro too for any queries

You mentioned a bet that was in contention way after the event started but didn't mention the ones that weren't in contention. Not just in contention but leading by a couple of shots after the third round with one round to go. How do you think that looks like to others here who post here and post well in advance? I genuinely was hoping you'd throw up a pic and I'd have held my hands up and apologised and said fair play. I have no problem holding my hands up and admitting if I got something wrong whatsoever.

You've been posting most weeks in this thread. Have you seen others so blatantly after-time, and in doing so, not posted any proof? Rhetorical question. I already know the answer. If I did this, I'd fully expect to be infracted at the very least.

You've been a member of boards for pretty much the past year and have posted in multiple forums across the site. Every forum has a charter that's clear for everyone to see.

When I started to follow this thread i was sent this link, from that page I didn't see a charter.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056896763

By the by, a glance at your profile, you were on boards this morning too. Before the bookies open up for you or anyone to collect. Could have taken a picture of said bet then if not yesterday.

Never thought i needed to take a picture of the bet, just saw the mods post after 3pm the only bet I ever took a picture of was from a few years ago and that was because it was an independent bookies and was crapping myself they wouldn't pay out.

Hope this is the end of it, I've a pain in my swiss now with this.

I've a question for you, do you know or are you Xpyro? If so cheers I used to follow his/her horsey tips thread and it was brilliant. Made a nice few pound from that thread back in the day under a different username because I knew feck all about the horses then and now, but then stopped backing the horses

Never thought i needed to take a picture of the bet, just saw the mods post after 3pm the only bet I ever took a picture of was from a few years ago and that was because it was an independent bookies and was crapping myself they wouldn't pay out.

Hope this is the end of it, I've a pain in my swiss now with this.

I've a question for you, do you know or are you Xpyro? If so cheers I used to follow his/her horsey tips thread and it was brilliant. Made a nice few pound from that thread back in the day because I knew feck all about the horses then and now.

I'm fond of the last chance saloon Sunday betting if my bets go pear shaped, can these be discussed on the thread?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

I'm fond of the last chance saloon Sunday betting if my bets go pear shaped, can these be discussed on the thread?

i presume yes but the in running odds will reflect this. big difference between backing snedeaker at odds on on sunday compared to having him pre tournie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 786 ✭✭✭fangee

Well done Snedeker. Thanks for that.

Second time this season I couldn't back him because I was travelling and he wins. Nice one.

I'll let you all know next time I'm travelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭qwabercd

fangee wrote: »
    Well done Snedeker. Thanks for that.

Second time this season I couldn't back him because I was travelling and he wins. Nice one.

I'll let you all know next time I'm travelling.

Can you post a photo of your aeroplane ticket to prove you were travelling?

its the way it is mate.everyone has favorite golfers and when they win a tornie say oh no hes my player and i didnt have him.but they wud only back him for the majors etc.i think snedeker was fav here about 12/1. he was 50/1 for the last major wasnt he.so u didnt miss out on too much. anytime i back a player in one of these non majors i cant get much on in shop. max for a 20/1 shot id be lucky to get 25 each way.can get more on for the big ones.most paddy power shops i frequent dont allow more than a 500 liability for these tournaments.can get more online if unrestricted tho

What's the most you have put on a golfer? For me I put smaller bets on a few golfers, like rock and Cabrera bello I put a few quid each way in the irish open

ya a few quid me too.especially with no prem lge games on these crappy tornies can be fun when u have a few small bets on.going for rickie fowler 50/1 this week and in the other tornie going for ricky barnes 125/1!gonna try and do some homework for next weeks major too

Coolio, unfortunately I'm not brewsters millions, maybe someday though I can start backing with bigger cash amounts, come on the lotto ��

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

ianburke wrote: »
    ya a few quid me too.especially with no prem lge games on these crappy tornies can be fun when u have a few small bets on.going for rickie fowler 50/1 this week and in the other tornie going for ricky barnes 125/1!gonna try and do some homework for next weeks major too

What sites would you use to 'study'?? Where would u get stats on players performance on the course before? Bar Augusta obviously etc where its there every year.

WGC small ew bets

I Poulter @50
    Z Johnson @50
    A Cabrera @66
    R Moore @80
    J Donaldson @150
    T Gainey @300

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Shandog

Im thinking Scott 14s, Stenson 33's and Kuchar 22's.

Tiger is too short for me. Mickelson unlikely to make three in a row. I think Snedeker must be thinking about the PGA for which he is 25s.
    As a wild card Matasuyama if he can be called that on his current form, 66/1.

Advertisement