Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,687 ✭✭✭Speak Now

redzerdrog wrote: »
    no cut in WGC events afaik

Even last gets over 30K.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Feck my bets, I really hope he finds the couple of birdies he needs for the 59 here.

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

God I'm so sick :mad:.
    Backed Tiger to win the Open. :mad:
    Thought he wasn't mentally up for it so layed him for the Bridgestone :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

Last nights coverage was shocking, I know he played great but so sick of the Tiger Woods show. I didn't see any other golfer last night bar his playing partner and when he was finished they kept repeating his shots played.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Last nights coverage was shocking, I know he played great but so sick of the Tiger Woods show. I didn't see any other golfer last night bar his playing partner and when he was finished they kept repeating his shots played.

Are you kidding me? Probably one of the best rounds of golf I have ever seen and you were sick of it? :confused: Some people are strange.

• Advertisement

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Are you kidding me? Probably one of the best rounds of golf I have ever seen and you were sick of it? :confused: Some people are strange.

As I more or less said in the golf forum PGA tour thread, I can't comprehend how anyone didn't enjoy last night's viewing. Tiger Woods show, sure, but great drama from start to finish. The par on 18 was insane let alone all the birdies.

SnowDrifts wrote: »

Don't get me wrong it was phenomenal golf and a joy to watch but would have been nice to see some of the other golfers who were playing after woods finished his round. Also you have to admit they do show woods all the time even when he's playing ****e or do you not think so?

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    As I more or less said in the golf forum PGA tour thread, I can't comprehend how anyone didn't enjoy last night's viewing. Tiger Woods show, sure, but great drama from start to finish. The par on 18 was insane let alone all the birdies.

I didn't say i didn't enjoy watching it, i would watch golf all day but it just would have been nice to see some of the other golfers.

I didn't say i didn't enjoy watching it, i would watch golf all day but it just would have been nice to see some of the other golfers.

True, but there can be exceptions I feel and last night was certainly one, especially considering the scoring Tiger aside wasn't great. Merrick was the second best score yesterday with a round of -4. A couple of players shot -3.

We also got to see a fair bit of Matsuyama since he was in Tiger's group which is no bad thing as he's a very talented lad.

I didn't say you didn't enjoy it btw.

True, but there can be exceptions I feel and last night was certainly one, especially considering the scoring Tiger aside wasn't great. Merrick was the second best score yesterday with a round of -4. A couple of players shot -3.

We also got to see a fair bit of Matsuyama since he was in Tiger's group which is no bad thing as he's a very talented lad.

I didn't say you didn't enjoy it btw.

Okay I agree with that it would have been stupid for them not to cover the footage of Tiger storming ahead. Matsuyama is definitely one to watch for the future, although I did say that about Rickie Fowler years ago and have lost more money backing him. I wonder will he ever win a major?

Out of all the people who comment here on this thread, who actually plays golf? I personally don't it's just pitch and putt for me.

• Advertisement

If Fowler wins one, I'm convinced he'll win a second if not more. Talent is without question. He's won at a difficult course in Quail Hallow which could easily host a USPGA or US Open, and which has one of the stronger fields all year out of the regular events.
    He's also shown he can compete on links courses going back to his amateur days and Open performances.

I play golf a few times a week when over in Ireland.

In NY I get a round in once a week, two if I'm lucky. Thankfully there's par 3 course where you can play late during the night thanks to the floodlights that keeps me ticking over.

If Fowler wins one, I'm convinced he'll win a second if not more. Talent is without question. He's won at a difficult course in Quail Hallow which could easily host a USPGA or US Open, and which has one of the stronger fields all year out of the regular events.
    He's also shown he can compete on links courses going back to his amateur days and Open performances.

I play golf a few times a week when over in Ireland.

In NY I get a round in once a week, two if I'm lucky. Thankfully there's par 3 course where you can play late during the night thanks to the floodlights that keeps me ticking over.

Par 3 at night sounds amazing

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

one of the best rounds of golf I have ever seen and you were sick of it?

Not half as much as I was :(

Stenson is as low as 28/1 in some of the big name bookies now.

Simpson out to 80/1 on Betfair too.

Kinda curious to see how Dufner does tonight, his game should suit Oak Hill, likewise Bradley. Zach Johnson's form is something to note too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭ledgebag1

Kinda curious to see how Dufner does tonight, his game should suit Oak Hill, likewise Bradley. Zach Johnson's form is something to note too.

Hope so i have johnson, merrick and haas, hoping for good games today

As PP is offering 6 places just done mine for the PGA.

P Casey @ 80
    Z Johnson @ 50
    J Day @ 40
    J Dufner @ 40

Best price for Dufner and Bradley is 50/1 for next week, I may just flip a coin on this one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 786 ✭✭✭fangee

Best price for Dufner and Bradley is 50/1 for next week, I may just flip a coin on this one.

Don't torture yourself. Just split your stakes.

fangee wrote: »
    Don't torture yourself. Just split your stakes.

After a bit of grub and a cold one. Gone with Bradley.

I was leaning on Bradley all day tbh, proven Major winner and someone I've quite regularly bet on albeit in the past two years more so than this year.

Been a very good few weeks. Another 2nd place and E/W money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭lmao

Heads up to anybody who took Bradley or Stenson pre tournament with Paddy Power, they will get their outright stake back as Woods won.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

USPGA

After an early look these prices catch my eye. Will probably add another couple before Thursday.

Zach Johnson @ 40/1

Sergio Garcia @ 50/1

Bill Haas @ 60/1

David Lynn @ 300/1

YayaBanana wrote: »
    USPGA

After an early look these prices catch my eye. Will probably add another couple before Thursday.

Zach Johnson @ 40/1

Sergio Garcia @ 50/1

Bill Haas @ 60/1

David Lynn @ 300/1

Zach Johnson is 50's and Sergio is 55-1 with PP. Haas is also 66-1, better prices but for 6 places.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Zach Johnson is 50's and Sergio is 55-1 with PP.

Ye I just checked oddschecker after I posted that, Haas is 66/1 too, Boyles normally aren't so far behind with there odds on the golf.

YayaBanana wrote: »
    Ye I just checked oddschecker after I posted that, Haas is 66/1 too, Boyles normally aren't so far behind with there odds on the golf.

Jason Day gone out to 50 now, from 40 yesterday. Might have to stick Poulter in as well with De Laet, will be sick if either win and have been backing them this year.

Very rare I look at the 3 ball market but a friend brought it to my attention, Merrick to beat Ogilvy and Rumford the pick of the bunch for me @ 15/8.

Rough looks lovely btw, this is Charles Howell just off the green at no.9...

BQ7bRnzCAAIUtlA.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,365 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

My first bet all year in Golf and this is only cause I won on a tip today.

Cant wait till back working and can make few quid from this again

all exchanges win/place

Adam Scott
    Keegan Bradley(got him 2 years ago:D)
    Bill Haas
    Harris English

will add at least 1 more player before Thursday and maybe 2.

Hope everyone has been kicking ass this year

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭CriticEyes

Lads a quick question. Is this a good bet? Just got it from PP.

Woods, McIlroy, Mickelson, Rose, Scott, Snedeker or Stenson to win the USPGA Championship @ 2/1.

Decent?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

CriticEyes wrote: »
    Lads a quick question. Is this a good bet? Just got it from PP.

Woods, McIlroy, Mickelson, Rose, Scott, Snedeker or Stenson to win the USPGA Championship @ 2/1.

Decent?

what seem like great odds in golf betting to one person will be sh*te to the next, its all personal opinion....my two cents, all good players with good form of late bar mcilroy, wouldn't be surprised to see any of them win. with such short odds your stake would want to be substantial for it to be worth it. and if it was substantial, id be sweating for such a big field and so many in with a shout....so in a word; nope, it's a lousy bet, but as i say, thats IMO. i'd maybe back it at 5 or 6-1 at the very least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

So far I've made small each way bets on the following: (all PP)

Stenson 25/1
    Dufner 40/1
    Day 50/1
    Colsaerts 150/1
    DeLaet 200/1
    Donaldson 200/1

I'm mulling over both Zach 50/1 and Dustin Johnson 45/1 too, will make a call tomorrow and will probably end up with both if I can't make up my mind :pac: Bubba @60/1 looks enticing too and Matsuyama 100/1 bailed me out at the Open too so may deserve another shot.

Advertisement