Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,365 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

My first bet all year in Golf and this is only cause I won on a tip today.

Cant wait till back working and can make few quid from this again

all exchanges win/place

Adam Scott
    Keegan Bradley(got him 2 years ago:D)
    Bill Haas
    Harris English

will add at least 1 more player before Thursday and maybe 2.

Hope everyone has been kicking ass this year

added Zach Johnson and Merrick to list.

6 players so hopefully get run with least a couple to make profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

So far I've made small each way bets on the following: (all PP)

Stenson 25/1
    Dufner 40/1
    Day 50/1
    Colsaerts 150/1
    DeLaet 200/1
    Donaldson 200/1

I'm mulling over both Zach 50/1 and Dustin Johnson 45/1 too, will make a call tomorrow and will probably end up with both if I can't make up my mind :pac: Bubba @60/1 looks enticing too and Matsuyama 100/1 bailed me out at the Open too so may deserve another shot.

Merrick 150/1 and Dustin Johnson 45/1 have joined my band of merry men for the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭frat

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Yep this is so correct, you want to win over a long period you need value Stenson if he wins at 22/1 will still bring his backers a nice chunk, but the ones who backed him a few months ago at a bigger price will be the ones who will be really smiling.

Someone tipped me Mayo at 8/1 to win The All Ireland very early this year, and he backed it, that's value, compared to what it is now! Now the price is brutal but everyone is smashing it, its why bookies win overall:o

Another example is when would you have preferred to back Woods? Before he smashed it last week or now?

Everyone has a different opinion on what 'value' is. Stenson may not have been value 6months ago at 60/1 because he wasn't showing form, yet the form he is in now represents value at current prices. It's all relevant - Mayo at 8/1 were a great price, but what if they were beaten last week, then would you consider it 'value', of course the price will drop as they progress and their form gets better, so now they may represent value to certain people.

To be honest I backed Woods AFTER last weeks event because I felt I was getting value but wasn't convinced pre Firestone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Went for three players last night based on a little bit of research.

Henrik Stenson @ 25/1
    Keegan Bradley @ 35/1
    Jim Furyk @ 70/1

Went for Furyk because of one of the guys on PGATour.com who felt he was being underrated having had two straight top 10 finishes. He's had a great start so hopefully he keep it up!

Apologies for putting these up after play has already started but only on now in work.

Edit: All small e/w bets.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

tiger at 5/1 now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

Mahan, Merrick and the defending champion.

Tiger ever hits 10/1+ I strike!

And I'm on it! 10/1 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,887 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

just took scott at 12s and zach at 28s
    both-2

have a feeling scott will make up for the open collapse

already backed dufner 35s kaymer 55 and I had to follow
    mickie sadly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭JLoftus

Adam Scott to be first round leader @ 6/4 with Paddys looks good!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

sick i didnt do Jiminez. went from 125/1 to 33/1.
    i took him out of my picks

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

good luck with tiger. you will need it. played rubbish golf today. bogeyed the easiest hole on the course par5 and was lucky not to drop at least 5 more shots having to rely on good saves. the double on the last gave his score a fairer look. would be amazed if he turned this one around. think hell miss the cut actually

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Through sheer boredom and mostly because I got a free bet I felt like using, I stuck €25 on Stenson to win his 3 ball today @ 13/8

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/powerplay/enhanced-special?ev_oc_grp_ids=239489&AFF_ID=16562&area=pptwtppo

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Through sheer boredom and mostly because I got a free bet I felt like using, I stuck €25 on Stenson to win his 3 ball today @ 13/8

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/powerplay/enhanced-special?ev_oc_grp_ids=239489&AFF_ID=16562&area=pptwtppo

Easy money, wished I had put more on this instead of leaving aside a bit more for the footy.

I still reckon Dufner will collapse btw... or at least I hope :pac:

Easy money, wished I had put more on this instead of leaving aside a bit more for the footy.

He better not :eek:

Unless Stenson or Jason Day catch him. I'd have been happier if Furyk finished on -8 so the Dufman wouldn't be paired with the great Scott though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

so do I, i just lay bet him on the exchange to not finish in the top 10... minus karma points for ****ting on duffners parade after that brilliant round I know but I couldn't resist after that last putt of his

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

That collection of 7/8 holes where Simpson went like 5 over on Thursday is so sickening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Anyone else Think Mcllroy is a nice price now at 100-1 seems a big price to me:)

He's played some better stuff over the first couple of days. But I wouldn't go near Rory myself given his form over the past 8 months. He'll need two rounds of 65 to get into contention and that's asking a lot out of a course that'll toughen up and dry out over the weekend, with so many top players in front of him. Oak Hill was ripe for the taking like it was for his US Open two years ago.

Well it will be as tough for everybody involved -6 could win it imo.:)

Anyone else Think Mcllroy is a nice price now at 100-1 seems a big price to me:)

just heard him in an interview, said he was happy to have made the cut for this one, not really what you want to hear if you've got money on him, 100-1 sounds about right...wouldn't touch it myself.

hope things turn around for him soon.

Kelly Tilghman @KellyTilghmanGC
    Breeze is up. Temps are cooler. Pins are in tougher spots. Don't expect any records today at Oak Hill.

• Advertisement

Yeah totally agree does'nt sound too hopeful, needs a big confident start and get some luck along the way to boost his confidence then you just never know;)

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

Just put small each way bet on Hoffman @ 66-1. 5 shots behind you never know.

on dufner but i think he'll chit his pants if ahead on the final day

god i hope im wrong

I swear I didn't rule out DJ after his round yesterday >_>

:D:D:D:D:D

hope you had a little flutter

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Went for three players last night based on a little bit of research.

Henrik Stenson @ 25/1
    Keegan Bradley @ 35/1
    Jim Furyk @ 70/1

Went for Furyk because of one of the guys on PGATour.com who felt he was being underrated having had two straight top 10 finishes. He's had a great start so hopefully he keep it up!

I knew I read this somewhere on the thread...great work! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I knew I read this somewhere on the thread...great work! :-)

I wish I could take some of the credit but I only got it because of that piece on the website but thanks anyway. Hopefully he manages to keep it together tomorrow. Stenson too!

How's everyone else going?

jesus scott has gotta make one soon

mailburner wrote: »
    jesus scott has gotta make one soon

or not

• Advertisement

nkay1985 wrote: »
    I wish I could take some of the credit but I only got it because of that piece on the website but thanks anyway. Hopefully he manages to keep it together tomorrow. Stenson too!

How's everyone else going?

Have Dufner and Stenson in play and DJ and Day on the fringes. All were very small e/w so can't really complain as it stands. Worried about Dufner over the shorter putts though

Advertisement