Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

Have Dufner and Stenson in play and DJ and Day on the fringes. All were very small e/w so can't really complain as it stands. Worried about Dufner over the shorter putts though

Have Dufner as well, love Furyk's swing it shouldn't work but it does. Has anyone ever seen Charles Barkley's goal swing, hilarious stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxLkEPb5DzI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

USPGA Championship:

1) Dustin Johnson @ 40/1
    2) Henrik Stenson @ 45/1
    3) Keegan Bradley @ 50/1
    4) Ian Poulter @ 50/1
    5) Webb Simpson @ 70/1

91e399f9d7978444f82e42e2fa3002ba.png

Can't ask much more after three rounds. Hopefully a similar scenario to how the Open Championship went by this time tomorrow.

I must have had a few drinks to have included Poulter though, christ :pac:

91e399f9d7978444f82e42e2fa3002ba.png

Can't ask much more after three rounds. Hopefully a similar scenario to how the Open Championship went by this time tomorrow.

I must have had a few drinks to have included Poulter though, christ :pac:

Where did you get Stenson @ 45 to 1?

Coral.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Coral.

Was a great price, in fairness.

• Advertisement

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Was a great price, in fairness.

Yup, joys of numerous betting accounts and regularly checking Oddschecker man! He was generally 40/1 at the time of placing on the 1st of this month. I've been dragging the Stenson bandwagon for some time so wasn't going to miss out on that price. I'm racking my head trying to remember a fall in odds pre-tourney that drastic. Perhaps the Racing Post tipped him this week? No idea. He finished as low as 20/1 in a couple of bookies Thursday morning! :)

Somewhat worried, win or lose tonight that his odds will be far, far lower for the rest of the season now though. He should be, his form shows that even without the W.

I swear I didn't rule out DJ after his round yesterday >_>

I swear I didn't rule out Bradley after his round yesterday <_<

• Registered Users Posts: 23,887 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

i just couldnt bring myself to back stens on wed at 25s when
    40s was available last weekend
    that made him 4th or 5th fav
    regret it now mind you

mailburner wrote: »
    i just couldnt bring myself to back stens on wed at 25s when
    40s was available last weekend
    that made him 4th or 5th fav
    regret it now mind you

Was thinking about it earlier when out playing golf myself, but it might be worth having a glance at his odds for topping the Race to Dubai and/or Fed Ex Cup. I'll have a check on it myself in a bit (only just remembered now). Could be quite decent, even if you're not one for long term bets usually.

Was thinking about it earlier when out playing golf myself, but it might be worth having a glance at his odds for topping the Race to Dubai and/or Fed Ex Cup. I'll have a check on it myself in a bit (only just remembered now). Could be quite decent, even if you're not one for long term bets usually.

most not quoting on race to dubai but one bookie going 12/5
    hes not far ahead of rose but should have a nice lead after this
    that could be a gift though

http://www.oddschecker.com/golf/season-specials/race-to-dubai/winner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

So far I've made small each way bets on the following: (all PP)

Stenson 25/1
    Dufner 40/1
    Day 50/1
    Colsaerts 150/1
    DeLaet 200/1
    Donaldson 200/1

:eek:

This is uncharted territory for me and I'm looking through my fingers waiting for it to all go horribly, horribly wrong :eek:

:eek:

This is uncharted territory for me and I'm looking through my fingers waiting for it to all go horribly, horribly wrong :eek:

Was Furyk's caddy in the film Cocoon?

My god... furious with Jason Day.

Had himself and Kucher backed(another who broke my heart yesterday)

Bogies the last 3 holes so that rules out my EW bet.... Got himself up the -6, it was probably going to be too low to win but it would have been a 50/1 place.

I'm getting fed up betting on these majors, I have great luck in picking lads who are near the top heading into the business end but it's all hard luck stories from there. :mad:

My god... furious with Jason Day.

Had himself and Kucher backed(another who broke my heart yesterday)

Bogies the last 3 holes so that rules out my EW bet.... Got himself up the -6, it was probably going to be too low to win but it would have been a 50/1 place.

I'm getting fed up betting on these majors, I have great luck in picking lads who are near the top heading into the business end but it's all hard luck stories from there. :mad:

If Stricker and Blixt were to fall back and the other at -3 didn't progress further you could still be in with a shout. Have him myself too and agree it's very frustrating.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

how wrong I was about duffner, i know he seems laid back but hes on the verge of a major so I wonder if those dumbass frat boys shouting is spurring him on if he wishes they'd stfu...not really relevant but the dogs not answering when I'm talking to it.

financial interests aside I'm kind of rooting for duffner now.

(my tea shot out of my nose after reading that cocoon comment btw, he happened to be on screen and struggling to lift furyks bag at that very point :) thanks for that)

Still plenty of time for him to implode. 2 years ago, Sunday on the 15th hole he caved in don't forget. His game looked in grand nick for 15 holes.

17 and 18, two brutal holes will play their part I reckon. Level par is a fantastic score through there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Dufner has to see this out, chance to go 3 clear now. He has made a couple important putts that he would normally miss when under pressure.

DJ working his way into e/w territory too, had forgotten about him for a while.

If Stricker and Blixt were to fall back and the other at -3 didn't progress further you could still be in with a shout. Have him myself too and agree it's very frustrating.

Ya I've been keeping an eye on the leaderboard but the difference between -3 and -4 is massive.

Bookies I did it in were paying 7 places as well.

Reminds me of Adam Scott in the Open last year.
    Just one or two pars and the money was in.

Dodgy as **** tiny putt from Dufner there.

• Advertisement

Dodgy as **** tiny putt from Dufner there.

very Westwoodesque...could be his undoing alright, his last putt for the 63 was a cock length away and he barely made it...

sky guy just says "he looks cool", all I can see is fear

jaysus id be laying the duf i didnt only have a few
    euro on him

again i hope im wrong about him

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

duffs hitting great approaches i wudnt be worried at all if i had him backed. hope he wins his first major here he thoroughly deserves it. stenson played some very good golf too hes a man in form

we have our fair share of idiots over this side of the water but theres never anything like what goes on at american majors. wtf is the story with the belligerent yank spectators. it's just getting worse and worse. rose turned around at the open when one of them shouted when he was still following through and i thought it was because he was a Brit but furyk and duffner are their own, I'd be treading on eggshells if it was one of ours about to win a major...maybe it's cos they've won so much or is there a sh*t load of tailgate boozin done outside or in the event? loads of John Dalys trailer trash kids and cousins having a
    picnic? never been to one of the events there so I don't know...it's damn annoying even for a tv spectator. dunno how they put up with it.

we have our fair share of idiots over this side of the water but theres never anything like what goes on at american majors. wtf is the story with the belligerent yank spectators. it's just getting worse and worse. rose turned around at the open when one of them shouted when he was still following through and i thought it was because he was a Brit but furyk and duffner are their own, I'd be treading on eggshells if it was one of ours about to win a major...maybe it's cos they've won so much or is there a sh*t load of tailgate boozin done outside or in the event? loads of John Dalys trailer trash kids and cousins having a
    picnic? never been to one of the events there so I don't know...it's damn annoying even for a tv spectator. dunno how they put up with it.

Well said they are complete head wreckers, loud and obnoxious idiots shouting mashed potatoes thinking they're hilarious.

Fair dues to Dufner, his putting held up. Kudos to anyone who had him.

For me, 4 weeks in a row an E/W winner now at the very least which is a positive, again with Stenson. He just had no luck on 14 after his wonderful tee shot did he. Cruel stuff on him as beside Scott. Unfortunately DJ finished T8th as well which kinda sucks. Bradley and Simpson gave me a run for some E/W money too.

Anywhoo, gonna look at the Wyndham Championship tomorrow. Only Betfair has odds up at the moment.

best celebration ever :-)

g'night all...I just lost my boll*x betting against him even being in the top ten :-)

hope yis all made a few bob. never woulda seen that coming.

did i just see him just toss his yardage book in his wife's face and walk off as she was walking up behind him applauding?!? :-)

Boom Dufner win and Stenson e/w :D

Day and DJ in 8th almost did the business too

• Advertisement

Boom Dufner win and Stenson e/w :D

Day and DJ in 8th almost did the business too

Happy days delighted I backed him last Sunday @ 40 to 1, knew his price would drop in powers if he finished in top ten last week.

Advertisement