Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The Golf Tips Thread

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

Kinda curious to see how Dufner does tonight, his game should suit Oak Hill, likewise Bradley. Zach Johnson's form is something to note too.
    fangee wrote: »
    Don't torture yourself. Just split your stakes.
    Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    After a bit of grub and a cold one. Gone with Bradley.

I was leaning on Bradley all day tbh, proven Major winner and someone I've quite regularly bet on albeit in the past two years more so than this year.

You were right, live and learn :)

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Deplasterer

My god... furious with Jason Day.

Had himself and Kucher backed(another who broke my heart yesterday)

Bogies the last 3 holes so that rules out my EW bet.... Got himself up the -6, it was probably going to be too low to win but it would have been a 50/1 place.

I'm getting fed up betting on these majors, I have great luck in picking lads who are near the top heading into the business end but it's all hard luck stories from there. :mad:

Thats why betfair is so good, trading in running is the way to punt imo. I never use a bookie when betting on Golf & if you are backing guys say over 33/1 with the books you will get anything from 5 to 15 points bigger on betfair & loads more for the rags over 100/1. Never understand why people who bet on golf use the hight street, those extra places are a gimmick too as there are usually four dead heating.

Some of us have faith in our in selections. Some of us while take our golf betting seriously, have other things to bet with golf being a minor thing. I used to do the Betfair thing, but found myself stressing far more than when I wasn't. Questioning whether I should cash out on or not. Fair play to those who have belief in their betting selections I say. If I gave my full and honest thoughts on Betfair, I'd probably be infracted and it's not worth the hassle, so I'll just leave it at that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

ya i often always lost my value by laying off. id have something backed to win say 200 and id find myself walking away with just over 100 if it wins.i only put up a lay at very low odds anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Deplasterer

Yes, each to their own is probably right. I only bet on golf so betfair suits me personally.

Billy Haas win purposes this week & Chad Campbell for a place as he needs the points to make the top 125 to reach the fed ex series.

• Advertisement

Wyndham Championship:

1) Webb Simpson @ 16/1
    2) Hideki Matsuyama @ 33/1
    3) Boo Weekley @ 55/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,914 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

simpson win for me at 14s

bit short but itll do

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭EI2011

just went with the pps special webb and zach win only 15/2

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

Small ew bets

M Kaymer @ 33
    J Spieth @ 40
    J Walker @ 50
    A Romero @ 66
    D Lynn @ 80
    G McNeill @ 150

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Small ew bets

M Kaymer @ 33
    J Spieth @ 40
    J Walker @ 50
    A Romero @ 66
    D Lynn @ 80
    G McNeill @ 150

Have these too,Romero on Betfair though in the 100's somewhere,Will trade if he gets anywhere near a good start.Backing Chris Kirk as well probably against better judgement though.Been a regular bet since he popped up on the forum lately,I'll give him another chance here at decent odds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Shandog

Went with the common consesus Webb Simpson 14s.
    Bill Haas at 16s
    And just because i have been following him recently Matsuyama at 30s. ALL PP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Have gone with Casey and small bets on Garrigus, Teater and Love.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=85998288&postcount=184

this weeks selections

unfortunately just don't have the time to write my reasoning behind my selections at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭fluff_daddy

Degag wrote: »
    Have gone with Casey and small bets on Garrigus, Teater and Love.

whats with backing Garrigus? mate mine has him on fantasy team. I never heard of him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,705 ✭✭✭Speak Now

whats with backing Garrigus? mate mine has him on fantasy team. I never heard of him

Seriously? Remember the only pga tour win Westwood had this century? Blew a 3 shotlead on the last. A winner himself since. You should know him from the tiny putter he used have if nothing else!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

He was also leading or at least contending only last week early on too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Played quite well last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

Need zach to finish with 2 birds need to finish on 7 under i think pins are well hidden today

Before tourny even started segio said winning score wil be 10 to 12 under interesting to see if right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

jjll wrote: »
    Need zach to finish with 2 birds need to finish on 7 under i think pins are well hidden today
    MOD

If you get what you need, would you post a screenshot of the betslip, please?

• Advertisement

inforfun wrote: »
    MOD

If you get what you need, would you post a screenshot of the betslip, please?

It will be posted thank you MOD

EI2011 wrote: »
    just went with the pps special webb and zach win only 15/2

Kinda wished I had seen this before placing my bets :pac:

Johnson is tearing up the course right now in difficult conditions given the scores it seems.

great round by johnson today to get back in contention!

nice to have someone contention especially as i will be free to flake out and watch all tomorrows action

is the golf on t.v anywhere?

Sky Sports seem to have on the red button from 8pm button sure it will be over by then :confused::confused::confused:

Looks like my E/W run is over.

Simpson gave me a run for my money there. Fantastic round from him. Still a case of 2 good/excellent rounds and 2 average/poor ones though. Probably finish in the top 10 or just outside of it like Matsuyama.

just had a couple of quid on reed there to cover my zach johnson bet and get some return but its only minimal.

coverage starting on the golf channel now for anyone interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

redzerdrog wrote: »
    just had a couple of quid on reed there to cover my zach johnson bet and get some return but its only minimal.

coverage starting on the golf channel now for anyone interested

recorded coverage only? the leaders are into the back 9 already

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    recorded coverage only? they leaders are into the back 9

yeh thought it was gona be live coverage but it appears to be only recorded as far as i can make out live coverage wont be till 8 tonight and it will be over by then :mad:

Zach boogie finishs him thought he would finish them today

• Advertisement

thats johnson out of contention

Advertisement