Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Is it against the rules to after time ? Or do you just not like it ?
    Mod
    Both

Read the charter

From there:

•The third rule of the Gambling forum is you do not afterpost. The fourth rule of the Gambling forum is you do not afterpost. The fifth rule of the gambling forum…. You get the idea. Afterposting is coming on here telling everybody about how much you won off a 12 fold accumulator. Unless you posted it on the forum beforehand, no-one cares. It’s very frowned upon around these parts.

So that i dont like it, is not really relevant. Relevant is, is that it is against the rules.

Think about this:

I come 4 or 5 weeks in a row saying i had 66/1 winners on tournaments that have finished. No screenshots, just my typing.

Week 6 i post a couple of tips 50/1 whatever.

Would you follow my tips?

PS: I know not much about golf. I know this Tiger Woods used to play a bit ok'ish in the past but that is it.

Other reason, if after timing would be allowed, the threads will be flooded with "funny" people making millions.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭realgolfgeek

inforfun wrote: »
    Mod
    Both

Read the charter

From there:

•The third rule of the Gambling forum is you do not afterpost. The fourth rule of the Gambling forum is you do not afterpost. The fifth rule of the gambling forum…. You get the idea. Afterposting is coming on here telling everybody about how much you won off a 12 fold accumulator. Unless you posted it on the forum beforehand, no-one cares. It’s very frowned upon around these parts.

So that i dont like it, is not really relevant. Relevant is, is that it is against the rules.

Think about this:

I come 4 or 5 weeks in a row saying i had 66/1 winners on tournaments that have finished. No screenshots, just my typing.

Week 6 i post a couple of tips 50/1 whatever.

Would you follow my tips?

PS: I know not much about golf. I know this Tiger Woods used to play a bit ok'ish in the past but that is it.

Other reason, if after timing would be allowed, the threads will be flooded with "funny" people making millions.

so after-timing is defined as
    "Afterposting is coming on here telling everybody about how much you won"

poster didn't mention how much he put on, plus the tournament was still in play ...

I don't like it either but he didn't exactly break any rules,
    It's a poster lost from the forum which could have been avoided IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

so after-timing is defined as
    "Afterposting is coming on here telling everybody about how much you won"

poster didn't mention how much he put on, plus the tournament was still in play ...

I don't like it either but he didn't exactly break any rules,
    It's a poster lost from the forum which could have been avoided IMO.

he should have just posted the bet then,he was caught talking sheite,end of.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,883 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I would after post here if my selection lost and let me
    down for a decent amount
    If the opposite happened i'd stick it in the after timing thread

I for one don't want to see it given over a matter of time it
    could well be full of that and serious posters won't bother posting
    I'm against it as much as anyone here.
    I know from the footie thread there's been plenty of bull****ters
    over the years (coughlan, who'll ever forget that:) and if it wasn't
    handled there would have been a glut of aftertimers and still you
    get the odd one who get told straight away to post a pic and rightly
    so in my opinion
    After all, the after timing thread is there for a reason

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

he should have just posted the bet then,he was caught talking sheite,end of.

I tried to post it using that link that inforfun provided and it wouldn't work, I really coundnt give a toss what you think and as I said I wont post anymore tips or bets here.

• Advertisement

c0d4d341c2809235bc76340c864e9748.png

Said I'd try this one more time seen that it has upset so many people, if this doesn't work I really have no idea how to post a screenshot!

Wayhay it worked, everyday is a school day! Thanks inforfun and again apologies to anyone that I upset, didn't realise what I had done would cause such a fuss.

went for rumford an hour ago at 30s ew (mulhollands)

Owes me for finishing one out of the places two weeks back

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭manafana

just the fine European Masters this week:

Brett Rumford 28/1 betvictor (6places) - A T19 here in 2012, T13 in 2010 and the winner in 2007. Comes in off a tied 8 last week. Wins came back to back so holds his form well. One o the best putters in this field too which will come into play down stretch.
    Peter Ulhein 40/1 betvictor (6places)- He once again went close last week.Ulhein has six top 10s on Tour this season, including a win at the Madeira Islands and a 2nd last week in Wales. His game should be suited to here.
    Soren Kjeldsen 60/1 bet365- Can drive well when its going right and his good short game should be suited to this course. excellent Sunday in Wales provides positive signs.
    E Grillo 80/1 various – Has finished T18 at the Wales Open and T6 at the Johnnie Walker Championship 3rd in Greens in Regulation ranking. Argies have a good record in this too probably due to similar lay outs to home

more on my picks here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

Just cant get it right wit european tour

jjll wrote: »
    Just cant get it right wit european tour

My ROI is far smalled on the European Tour aswell, I find the form lines etc far more inconsistent and lately I wait untill at least the end of the first round before jumping in, do the odd FRL bet on early starters that were on my shortlist and find these a great trading opportunity on Betfair.

• Advertisement

My ROI is far smalled on the European Tour aswell, I find the form lines etc far more inconsistent and lately I wait untill at least the end of the first round before jumping in, do the odd FRL bet on early starters that were on my shortlist and find these a great trading opportunity on Betfair.

Just cant believe lack of consistancy by so called top players in europe

Ducking bjorn does my head in

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

Onwards to the BMW and back to easier stuff hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭realgolfgeek

some great value over the next few weeks with the field shortening.

I've gone for John Huh and Marc Leishment, 100 and 150/1 both each way.

Web dot com tour ben martin 20s

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭lmao

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Just a heads up.

Paddy Power @paddypower
    If your golfer finishes in the top 10 in the Deutsche Bank Championship but doesn't place we'll refund your bet!

I had Dufner in this and he finished 9th. Went into my local paddy power to get back my original stake but was told it was for online bets only! Just wondering if anybody got their stake returned to them from a paddy power shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=86476053&postcount=189

First bet in a few weeks due to time constraints

My stand out picks for this week

Steve Stricker 22/1 various - Virtually part-time now has three second places from his 11 starts this season.The American has some wonderful stats to his name (second in Greens In Regulation, second in Scoring Average, second in the All-Around ranking and first in Par 4 Performance) Add in his past achievements in Illinois and superb record of a 12-time Tour winner. recorded six top-10s from 11 events and produced his best effort last-time-out when second behind Henrik Stenson.

Anders Hansen 40/1 various – He keeps the ball in play and he’s got some fine course form here. Has finished 12th and 7th in his two knocks at Kennemer and before missing the weekend in Switzerland he was eighth at Celtic Manor and 17th at Gleneagle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Play just starting now. I'm going with Graham DeLaet once again at 40/1.

YayaBanana wrote: »
    Play just starting now. I'm going with Graham DeLaet once again at 40/1.

delaet for me also at 40s along with stricker at 20s both ew

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Shandog

Took spieth so he is out of it. So need something to keep the endorphines going, Woods in running at 3/1 looks good value to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭CriticEyes

No idea about golf and this is my 1st bet taking on the golf that I've done and not been advised/tipped to do.

Mythical 2 Balls (Draw No Bet):

Steve Stricker v Jason Dufner
    Steve Stricker @ 4/6

Graham DeLaet v Zach Johnson
    Zach Johnson @ 8/11

Keegan Bradley v Sergio Garcia
    Sergio Garcia @ 4/6

Could be an awful bet I don't know but it might give me an interest for tomorrow. Anyway it work out just over 9/2. :D

Players should say if they are injured westwood tells everyone after a 80

mailburner wrote: »
    delaet for me also at 40s along with stricker at 20s both ew

part of my 6 picks (bit overboard) but also zach and steelman going well.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭fluff_daddy

CriticEyes wrote: »
    No idea about golf and this is my 1st bet taking on the golf that I've done and not been advised/tipped to do.

Steve Stricker @ 4/6

Zach Johnson @ 8/11

Sergio Garcia @ 4/6

Could be an awful bet I don't know but it might give me an interest for tomorrow. Anyway it work out just over 9/2. :D

cool bet might try this out - what bookies does this

cool bet might try this out - what bookies does this

I did it with Paddy Power

manafana wrote: »
    part of my 6 picks (bit overboard) but also zach and steelman going well.

If i'd read your thread i'd probably have gone with zach over delaet
    thought zach would have been shorter than delaet but I only had a quick look
    at the prices
    just went with what I thought looked a bit of value

Steve Stricker @ 4/6

Zach Johnson @ 8/11

Sergio Garcia @ 4/6

lads can I ask ye a massive favour and could someone give me a update on how these are doing? I have no way of checking where I am at the min.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

lads can I ask ye a massive favour and could someone give me a update on how these are doing? I have no way of checking where I am at the min.

All of your bets are winning at the moment.

• Advertisement

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    All of your bets are winning at the moment.

cheers snowdrift. thanks very much. hope it stays like that.

Advertisement