Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭CriticEyes

CriticEyes wrote: »
    cheers snowdrift. thanks very much. hope it stays like that.

I think garcia ****£d me over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Furyk shoots a magical 59 , some round of golf. I'll go out on a limb & say he still won't finish in the top 3 :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭ledgebag1

Just backed watney at 33/1 e/w never had any success with him previously so here's hoping?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Hoki wrote: »
    Furyk shoots a magical 59 , some round of golf. I'll go out on a limb & say he still won't finish in the top 3 :o

A lot of players really struggle the round after a score like that, and its not exclusive to Golf, tou see it with Snooker players who hit a 147 or dart players who hit a 9 darter - I guess its a combination of been mentally drained and also been on such a high it can be very tough to remain focused.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭langer91

Streelman is imploding big time need him to finish top 10!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

A lot of players really struggle the round after a score like that, and its not exclusive to Golf, tou see it with Snooker players who hit a 147 or dart players who hit a 9 darter - I guess its a combination of been mentally drained and also been on such a high it can be very tough to remain focused.

Yea , its even rare enough for golfers to put two really good rounds in a row together. Usually you see two or three good rounds and one steady/poor round for golfers who finish in the top 5/6

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭MurDawg

Mythical 2 Balls today - Rose and stenson in a double.

Rose is against Jordan Speith, who had a bit of a choke yesterday and rose needs to do well to stay in contention for fed ex number 1.

Stenson is due a big day here he's been solid all week however he's up against Kutcher who had a 61 yesterday but struggled in the first 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

Backed luiten last week in crans was awful now week later wins

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

jjll wrote: »
    Backed luiten last week in crans was awful now week later wins

I have backed him a few times this year have been lucky that got him on the right 2 weekends when he has done the business.

He is has a good mentality when in contention so will defo be following him a bit more in the future

redzerdrog wrote: »
    I have backed him a few times this year have been lucky that got him on the right 2 weekends when he has done the business.

He is has a good mentality when in contention so will defo be following him a bit more in the future

Wonder if a home win will happen in italy

• Advertisement

Wonder if a home win will happen in italy

was just thinking the same thing earlier, havent had the chance to look at the event in any great detail yet though

donald places for a nice little e/w double aswell glad I took the time to have a look at it this week and great to be back to winning ways for my log.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭applehunter

Donald did the business today. Fair play to him.

I was on Schwartzel. On the nose so didn't have the heartbreak of his final hole losing me EW dough. Will be on again on Thursday. He is looking very strong and his putting is back so should be there or thereabouts.

Pp now 13/2 from 16s for molinari while everyone else is 14s what are pp on

Backed robert rock at 80/1 for the Italian, long shot but a player I like

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

ledgebag1 wrote: »
    Backed robert rock at 80/1 for the Italian, long shot but a player I like

125/1 on Stan James

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭fluff_daddy

Gregory Havret for the win! fingers crossed odds are good

bradlente wrote: »
    125/1 on Stan James

Don't bet online unfortunately, floodgates and all that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭manafana

My picks in full here

So in Europe the key name on my lips is Brillo although Anders Hansen is due a big week.

Going with Zach Johnson again this week

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

manafana wrote: »
    My picks in full here

So in Europe the key name on my lips is Brillo although Anders Hansen is due a big week.

Going with Zach Johnson again this week

Thanks for the link mate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Going for Hunter Mahan @ 20/1 in the Tour Championship. He has been improving steadily in his last few events and looks ready for a win. Should be a cracking weekend of golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

I can't separate the favourite's so instead I'm gonna lose some money on D.A Points and Boo Weekley respectively.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭realgolfgeek

Putting my biggest bet this week,
    and that's on TW e/w. Roll on new car !

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭realgolfgeek

I think alot of players are going to be bottling it this week with the prize money on offer. Should be a great weekend.

matteo for me very thick rough so needs accuracy and has good record in Italian opens... very few water hazards according to tour website as well

Dont unferstand how a player to win 1st round 3 ball and win torny is related he can lose 3 ball and win tourny look at bjorn in crans and bourdy in wales

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭manafana

Dont unferstand how a player to win 1st round 3 ball and win torny is related he can lose 3 ball and win tourny look at bjorn in crans and bourdy in wales

they are related they relate to preformance of same player in same tournie.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,883 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

just took stenson win at 16s when -1 after three holes (paddy)

owes me a few bob

• Registered Users Posts: 23,883 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

bloody hell henrik :eek:

keep it going please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

Think scott is great value and will come back into it

Advertisement