Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭manafana

I have picks up in full here

I will mention two with stand out prices:

For BMW

Brett Rumford 60/1 various- Good show in Oz last week and won two in row previously in Asia.

CIMB

Boo Weekley 125/1 various – A big price for someone with wins to his name and good iron play could well be rewarded.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Johnny86

Outright I've gone for Stephen Gallacher..50-1 with PP's (although is 80s with betfair but no cash in that account)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

I have far too many players backed this week.After looking at the odds initially went for Mcdowell and Oosthuzien @34 and both have drifted slightly.Also took Marcel Siem @91 and Gregory Bourdy @126.Took Colsaerts on as he's favoured by a few on other forums and I just backed Luiten as he's drifted slightly out to 40s and is being backed in here.Rumford is also tempting me now with the form he's in.

For CIMB I caught Els at 33/1 the other night which I'm pretty happy with.Took on De Laet,Aphibarnrat and Sabbatini too.Have to follow yourselves on Boo now at that big price to cause an upset.

Mcdowell 66/1 is a little on the long side for the WGC HSBC.Poor form but a good price there.Others I'm thinking about at their current prices are Poulter,Rose,Bradley,Westwood,D.J and Mannassero.Not taking anything besides Mcdowell until I see a few more informed opinions though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭applehunter

Billy Horshell is making a loads of birdies.

A few less errors and he will be very close.

DJ and Westwood are the ones appealing to me at the minute, just in the process of looking for the best price at the minute but may have missed the boat slightly as I know DJ was 40s earlier in the week

Re: G mac, he isnt someone I had considered but at 66/1 I would be interested. Where is the 66s by the way?

was on my shortlist but left him out in the end, rumford looks a great bet at 100/1 plays well in the east.

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Re: G mac, he isnt someone I had considered but at 66/1 I would be interested. Where is the 66s by the way?

StanJames but it's gone now.A couple of good prices that were around on Monday are gone.DJ was 45 and Rumfords 100 is 80 now at best.

Odds have dropped on a few as well.Donald/Moore(40s) and Bubba/Els(66) are peaking my interest a little bit.

• Advertisement

This weeks bets are finalised missed a bit of value to being too hungover on Monday but if any of then win I will be more than satisfied

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=87259094&postcount=204

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Two bets,backed Casey ew and had a good bet on him at 10 to 11 to beat Spieth in a 72 match bet with Ladbrokes.I am a fan of Spieth but i am hoping he is not yet ready for Sheshan a course where experience counts for something.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭applehunter

85's on BF.

Am I missing something??:confused:

Poulter out to 33s

just saw the scores from last night now, what a round from dustin!!!

weighing up if there any value in a saver frim the outsiders thinking of maybe gmac

redzerdrog wrote: »
    This weeks bets are finalised missed a bit of value to being too hungover on Monday but if any of then win I will be more than satisfied

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=87259094&postcount=204

:D

DJ continues his great win rate, no better man to go for it.

Rory not hitting fairways in round 1 got back to him in his other rounds.

manafana wrote: »
    DJ continues his great win rate, no better man to go for it.

Rory not hitting fairways in round 1 got back to him in his other rounds.

The hazards really screwed him over too.If he plays those safe he at least puts on some pressure.

Didn't think Johnson would last after the poor start,Held himself together well.Has a major in him surely?

Every's doing the rounds @81 some places Redzer.

Got Harrington @130 last night for the Turkish on Betfair,Happy enough.Looking at some others so far only taking Tommy Fleetwood @67.Thought he did well at the weekend,Has as good a chance as most of the field beyond the top 7 or 8 I think.

Think Kevin Na is a bit far out @126 for McGladrey.Tempted to back Garrigus @67 too.

Going for Jin Jeong in the Aus Open.

• Advertisement

Thought I was getting a good price on Harrington.He's moved out to 200/1 now:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,881 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

a couple of small punts ew for me
    hadn't time to looks so went with

uihlein 40s
    toms 50s

Have 8 tips up in all this week for the golf coming off a Dustin Johnson win last week.

Bernd Wiesberger 35/1 Paddy Power – Has had his moments on Tour. No wins this but has knocked on the doors. 5 top 5s this season. ranks well in par 3 and par 5 performance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

Will take kuchar at 14s today

Kuchar gets going to late anyways thats me done til after dec so cyas in new year

Kuchar gets going to late anyways thats me done til after dec so cyas in new year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

havn't had a bet in a long time but thinking of doing Russell Knox e/w this week in Mexico @80/1

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=87496204&postcount=210

This weeks picks, another difficult week but sure we give it a go anyway;)

this week we have golf from South Africa and Australia.

In Australia the field is minimum so only went with Ogilvy as he looks value compared to the rest of the market.

I was on Otto last week and the final holes of the back 9 on Sunday cost him a title in the end really. On the favourites I will likely lay fisher once again and Schwartzel is probably a little bit short for this one.

I have more detail here

• Advertisement

Advertisement