Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭manafana

Hong Kong this week has a mixed field with Jimenez the defending champion the favourite despite him puhing 50

Have actually backed woods in his own event.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

i know Westy's playing brutal at the moment,no pressure on him at all,3rd here in 2009 the year Tier did a legger,25/1 too big,also just for pure price Bubba @33/1,5 par 5's helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Think Webb Simpson will go well in the World Challenge,Great form and will be under the radar a bit more with Woods and McIlroy both playing.Won Shriners @20/1 and the same price here isn't bad.

Kruger and Hansen look ok prices @45/1 this week in the Nelson Mandela.Big disappointment from Kruger in the second half over the weekend think he can be more consistent this week.

Considering Mahan @22/1 as well in Thailand unless anyone thinks there's a reason not to?

bradlente wrote: »
    Kruger and Hansen look ok prices @45/1 this week in the Nelson Mandela.Big disappointment from Kruger in the second half over the weekend think he can be more consistent this week.

Considering Mahan @22/1 as well in Thailand unless anyone thinks there's a reason not to?
    Krugars swing was all over the shop this week,I won't be getting involved

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Krugars swing was all over the shop this week,I won't be getting involved

I had him backed, leading after day 2 and then blew up but I said to mysellf never again!!

this weeks bets for me

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=87944815&postcount=214

I previewed the Nelson Mandela in my blog but worried about this rain that is about all evening

I am thinking of putting all my selections for the year and p&l into some type of spreadsheet so I can analyse them better and calculate my ROI and which type of bets has been more successfull etc.

Problem is I am not great with computers so can anyone recommend how I might go about it, id also be able to link it online to my log.

Any help is greatly appreciated

redzerdrog wrote: »
    I am thinking of putting all my selections for the year and p&l into some type of spreadsheet so I can analyse them better and calculate my ROI and which type of bets has been more successfull etc.

Problem is I am not great with computers so can anyone recommend how I might go about it, id also be able to link it online to my log.

Any help is greatly appreciated

I'm trying to do the same for beginning next year with everything but haven't used spreadsheets bar the few boring classes back in school.

http://www.aussportsbetting.com/tools/betting-tracker-excel-worksheet/

I downloaded this for Excel a couple of weeks ago but haven't used it yet,Looks like it might come in handy for p\l and has instructions inside for each part.Seems fairly comprehensive.

I'm trying to do the same for beginning next year with everything but haven't used spreadsheets bar the few boring classes back in school.

I downloaded this for Excel a couple of weeks ago but haven't used it yet,Looks like it might come in handy for p\l and has instructions inside for each part.Seems fairly comprehensive.

cheers will have a look at it now

• Advertisement

It is very comprehensive but also a wee bit complicated particularly when entering multiple bets or each way bets, if I was starting from scratch i would prob take the time to do it but as I am back logging my bets for this year I am looking for something a bit more straightforward.

Cheers anyway

It is very comprehensive but also a wee bit complicated particularly when entering multiple bets or each way bets, if I was starting from scratch i would prob take the time to do it but as I am back logging my bets for this year I am looking for something a bit more straightforward.

Cheers anyway

Yeah I'm in the same boat,Not really looking for that much detail right now just want an easy enough p/l chart.Didn't really look around much longer after finding that but I might do another search for something a bit easier to start off with,Not sure if I'll use that yet.Definitely want to get something up and running for the new year.

Yeah I'm in the same boat,Not really looking for that much detail right now just want an easy enough p/l chart.Didn't really look around much longer after finding that but I might do another search for something a bit easier to start off with,Not sure if I'll use that yet.Definitely want to get something up and running for the new year.

could alter the speadsheet to include ew at moment its a yes/no could change to what if by including an e/w column Yes, then also need include a yes/no/place result

manafana wrote: »
    could alter the speadsheet to include ew at moment its a yes/no could change to what if by including an e/w column Yes, then also need include a yes/no/place result

Only looking at this now,I presume the e/w column would go into bet history and the other in result.I'll have to watch a few videos over the holidays probably mess it up otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,353 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Hyundai only around corner.

On course form think Laird might be good price.

Does better this time of year.

Only looking at this now,I presume the e/w column would go into bet history and the other in result.I'll have to watch a few videos over the holidays probably mess it up otherwise.

Haven't got round to this with some other pressing problems.Say I'll be starting another year without a good log:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭applehunter

My stalwarts for 2014.

Sergio Garcia
    Charl Schwartzel
    Billy Horschell
    Zach Johnson
    Kiradech Aphibarnrat
    Thomas Bjorn

I like my golfers mercurial and in Zach & Bjorn's cases underrated!

you'll find Zach priced up pretty scabby on courses that suit him,that for me is the problem with him,apart from Augusta imo you don't get great prices on him and imo he's not under rated at all.

In Europe I expect Marc Warren to win something,had a few years of poor form.
    In the U.S I think Harris English will win a few times,his demeanour is as good as it gets.

Haven't got round to this with some other pressing problems.Say I'll be starting another year without a good log:mad:

I got fed up messing around with a few of the more complicated set ups so decided just to do an excel sheet myself with the following headings

Date Tour Event selection Bet result p/l Total P&L Total staked Notes

I got fed up messing around with a few of the more complicated set ups so decided just to do an excel sheet myself with the following headings

Date Tour Event selection Bet result p/l Total P&L Total staked Notes

Seems ok,I want to try and log everything though not just the Golf.Will get around to it eventually.No big deal anyway half of my bets are tips from here and Punters Lounge:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Johnny86

For the Hyundai, its probably considered a 'bombers' course based on D Johnson winning last year.

I like cashing out so going to see who are the high priced lads.

For field of 30 players, on betfair 9 are priced at 150+ for the win (seems high but then most of those players are in poor form). Reed is the only one with a reasonably driving distance stat among them (58th on tour last year).

As the wind blows, you'd imagine scrambling to be important too. Kirk, Gay and Kuchar all were in the T20 in this last year.

Gay is 220 for the win on betfair which I think is a very tradable price in such a small field for cashing out.

Looking at tournaments where its often windy, i think of Harbour Town and Honda Classic. M Thompson won the Honda and is 190. Streelman at 70 came 3rd at Harbour Town.

I going to have 5e on Streelman at 70 and 2.50e on Gay at 220, hoping to trade if they've good rounds. Reed and Thompson too out of form for my liking. I'd probably side with Kuchar as the most likely winner of the tournament.

you'll find Zach priced up pretty scabby on courses that suit him,that for me is the problem with him,apart from Augusta imo you don't get great prices on him and imo he's not under rated at all.

In the U.S I think Harris English will win a few times,his demeanour is as good as it gets.

starting this [EMAIL="week@22/1"]week@22/1[/EMAIL]

he is in weaker field events but i backed him twice last season at nicer prices were he won.

manafana wrote: »
    he is in weaker field events but i backed him twice last season at nicer prices were he won.

I don't get this^he was 19th on the money list in 2013,yes he won the Mayakoba which is not the best but he also won the st Jude classic in 2013.

Were you backing him every week? you backed him the only 2 tournaments he won,lucky you

I don't get this^he was 19th on the money list in 2013,yes he won the Mayakoba which is not the best but he also won the st Jude classic in 2013.

Were you backing him every week? you backed him the only 2 tournaments he won,lucky you

you misunderstand i think, i said he is bad prices in weak fields, I backed him in stronger events were he has been under estimated this season i had him at 40s all recorded on my blog 22s the other time in smaller field off my head

had him both wins yes think i backed him maybe 4or5 times in 2013. 2wins and a place from those

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Gonna start posting here again, but after the first round or two for reasons I'll keep to myself (a couple of the lads who follow me here on Twitter could hazard a guess as to why probably :pac:). Best of luck to everyone for the new season. All my bets will be on Twitter pre-event.

Went with the bets below for this week:

4ca9cbfe048ea83a87306a3fda0d6027.png

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Gonna start posting here again, but after the first round or two for reasons I'll keep to myself (a couple of the lads who follow me here on Twitter could hazard a guess as to why probably :pac:). Best of luck to everyone for the new season. All my bets will be on Twitter pre-event.

Went with the bets below for this week:

4ca9cbfe048ea83a87306a3fda0d6027.png

Welcome back mate!

Welcome back mate!

Cheers man, best of luck with the log once again this season :)

Interesting viewing tomorrow night. If one from Johnson, Spleith or Simpson can shoot -5 or -6, can't see one of them not winning.

• Advertisement

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Interesting viewing tomorrow night. If one from Johnson, Spleith or Simpson can shoot -5 or -6, can't see one of them not winning.

great to have something to look forward to on a monday night!

have no access to betting sites today but wonder what way the bookies have these 3 priced up. id prob have dustin and webb about 2/1 joint favs with spieth a point or 2 bigger

Advertisement