Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Great surge by Dufner, on top and looking solid at the minute.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,352 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Anyone could win this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Anyone could win this

Kuchar @80s it is then.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,881 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

fiver on the duf at 9s it is to start my golf betting for the year

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭idle

They just said there that dufner is on antibiotics all week. FFS

• Advertisement

idle wrote: »
    They just said there that dufner is on antibiotics all week. FFS

The fix is in performance enhancing drugs:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭idle

Dufner you fvcking dick

If Louis can't pull this off my Volvo is a disaster.3 of my lads T6:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

backed Jimmy Walker in this from the start,think I have 5er on at 45/1,i'll dig out docket if he wins.
    I still think he's still backable @8/1 tonight,hitting more greens than most and I like the fact he's not leading,he can get a bit nervy,hitting the ball great and very long off the tee also.

The other value imo is Perez @33/1,his best chance is always posting a number before leaders and with his vast knowledge of this course he might be worth a fiver.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Stuck a tenner on Scott @ 9/2 just now.

I knew this before, but he's taking a break for a few weeks after this event so will want to go out there and finish up on a winning note. Only 3 shots behind with the third and final round to play. Hopefully himself and Dufner go low over the weekend.

Well that was a waste of a free bet.

Think Dufner will need to shoot -5 or -6 to win this outright last night.

• Advertisement

backed Jimmy Walker in this from the start,think I have 5er on at 45/1,i'll dig out docket if he wins.
    I still think he's still backable @8/1 tonight,hitting more greens than most and I like the fact he's not leading,he can get a bit nervy,hitting the ball great and very long off the tee also.

The other value imo is Perez @33/1,his best chance is always posting a number before leaders and with his vast knowledge of this course he might be worth a fiver.

was looking at him before start of yesterday. 80-100's you could get. Hope I dont regret it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

went asleep last night to bae leading only
    to wake up to him after making a mess of the back 9 fml outside chance of a place is all i have left

i like english from here but wont be having a bet

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Johnny86

Have backed Will Wilcox at 16.5 for the win on betfair in Sony Open.
    Should he get off to any sort of decent start, e.g. -1 through 4 or 5 holes his price will drop dramatically. Will lay some off if he hits 4.0.

Adam Scott on fire

Harris English is my 2nd pick. Hits it a mile and also proven on tight courses.

I layed a bit off at 6/4 on exchanges so cant complain. Not touched place so hopefully that comes in too.

Fair play to Walker, but I was confident English was going to win this, but beaten by better man on day.

Happy days

bradlente wrote: »
    Took a couple of prices earlier in the week and following a few tips as well

Volvo:
    Bjorn and Oosthuizen outright win

Each ways:
    Quesne
    Fichardt
    Rumford
    Jeong
    Split a stake or 2 across Howell,Jacquelin and Aiken.Probably should've just stuck to Howell.

Sony:
    Harris English
    Tim Clark
    Leishman
    Struard
    BVP
    Overton
    Hadley
    All each ways

Fichardt and Struard are the 2 I'm happiest with now that their prices have came in.Was expecting Rumford,Pelt and Overtons odds to drop but they're the same.Took a few too many prices earlier in the week expecting them to drop.

Not too optimistic about the Sony now,Think one of the top 5-8 will definitely bring it home.Volvo looks far more interesting for an outside challenge imo.
    A winner and 2 places.Had a good chance with English to win the Sony but didn't pan out.Can't believe he's only 24 BTW,Will be looking at him for the big prices down the line.

Happy days
    A winner and 2 places.Had a good chance with English to win the Sony but didn't pan out.Can't believe he's only 24 BTW,Will be looking at him for the big prices down the line.

well done lads. Good tips.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Well done lads.

Admittedly I had no idea who Walker was before this weekend :p:o

Backed Kevin Na at 80's already for the coming Week. His price wont be round much longer imo.

Will have more by Wednesday.

• Advertisement

Have a feeling Mciloy might walk it this week,Think his troubles are behind him.No interest in the price though.Will go for Mickelson out of the favourites.

I know Kaymer has great form here so it's a pretty obvious pick but he's been a bit shabby the last few years in general.
    Towards the end of last year he looked like he was getting back to his old way of swinging and I'm expecting a good year from him.
    Was looking for 20/1 plus this week but the bookies as usual playing it safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

just out of interest did you finish ahead by much this week? did you lay many back?

redzerdrog wrote: »
    just out of interest did you finish ahead by much this week? did you lay many back?

Not as much I hoped.Sony was a let-down the way the leaderboard was stacked yesterday,Expected a winner from the pack.Struard was possibly layable for a short time but I didn't see it.Guys like Overton are never really rated to do it so didn't come down enough to lay.Louis was worth laying at a time but I didn't go big on him so just let it ride.

Humana
    Pretty sweet on Matt Jones @66/1 e/w this week,decent enough form and someone I've always kept an eye on.
    As usual this week it will be a bit of a putting comp and Jones is a really good putter,sometimes I just go with my gut,i just think this course is made for him.

Backed Kevin Na at 80's already for the coming Week. His price wont be round much longer imo.

Will have more by Wednesday.

Good call moved in today.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Johnny86

Just one at the moment for me in the Humana and its Sang Moon Bae at 120 on Betfair exchanges outright, 13s for top 10, 26s for top 5.

So the reasons are
    Was first round leader last week and showed decent signs at the Hyundai Champions event
    Had a good 3rd round of 64 (don't know which course) last year, shooting a total of -18 (T27)
    2012 had a first round 64, eventually finishing t14

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Humana Challenge Picks

John Peterson 95/1
    Nicolas Colsaerts 85/1
    Ben Martin 215/1
    Brian Stuard 55/1
    Billy Horschel 27/1
    Robert Garrigus 50/1

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

Dubai
    Robert karlson e/w 80/1
    Kaymer 16/1 win only

• Advertisement

Abu Dhabi-Mickelson single,Took this yesterday and he's drifted to 19 now raging a little about that. Each ways-Joost,Thorbjorn,Manassero,Karlsson(May follow Bob in his form:-D )Half a stake between Quiros,Aiken and Kruger.Might back Casey in-play if he starts a bit slow. Humana-English single. Each ways-Gay,Laird,Na,Guthrie and a stake split between Goosen and Byrd. Have a small silly double on Rory Mac and English.

Advertisement