Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,352 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

bradlente wrote: »
    Abu Dhabi-Mickelson single,Took this yesterday and he's drifted to 19 now raging a little about that. Each ways-Joost,Thorbjorn,Manassero,Karlsson(May follow Bob in his form:-D )Half a stake between Quiros,Aiken and Kruger.Might back Casey in-play if he starts a bit slow. Humana-English single. Each ways-Gay,Laird,Na,Guthrie and a stake split between Goosen and Byrd. Have a small silly double on Rory Mac and English.

Is that Jonathan Byrd? Good spot if so. 2013 can be written off cause of bad injury and he has won 5 times before. Might not back him to win but if he comes into bit of form can see few Top 10/20 bets for him at good prices. Might be a forgotten man at big price. Will be keeping eye on him anyway.

My picks this week are
    Kevin Na 80/1
    Ryan Palmer 40/1
    Patrick Reed 125/1
    Brandt Snedeker 18/1

All e/w bar Snedeker. No exchanges this week so wont be laying off if any doing well.

GL all.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Johnny86

In Abu Dhabi I'm going to blindly back any player that was in the top5 last week, something I might continue to on golf events.
    So outright that is
    Grace (28)
    Luiten (30)
    Fleetwood (110)
    Harrington (75)
    Jacquelin (250)

2e on each of them outright with the hope of laying off at some point on some of them

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

@The_Real_Ade

European Tour (GOLF) Bets:

1) Phil Mickelson @ 18/1
    2) Paul Casey @ 35/1

Garcia @ 9/1 and Stenson @ 8/1 are too low for me.

6:04pm · 15 Jan 14 · TweetDeck

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

Added matt every '66/1 e/w

• Advertisement

@The_Real_Ade
    PGA Tour (GOLF) Bets:

1) Keegan Bradley @ 22/1
    2) Billy Horschel @ 25/1
    3) Ryan Palmer @ 45/1
    4) Nicolas Colsaerts @ 80/1

6:02pm · 15 Jan 14 · TweetDeck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

Cant see reed keep going like this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

jjll wrote: »
    Cant see reed keep going like this

Great shout though,Surely get a good price to lay soon?(edit-Just seen Kew tour backed him thought it was yourself)
    That round from Mickelson this morning came a bit out of nowhere=-O

What a rollercoaster of a round from Palmer so far..

Look forward to Mickelson's implosion later knowing my luck with regards to the European Tour.

Is that Jonathan Byrd? Good spot if so. 2013 can be written off cause of bad injury and he has won 5 times before. Might not back him to win but if he comes into bit of form can see few Top 10/20 bets for him at good prices. Might be a forgotten man at big price. Will be keeping eye on him anyway.

My picks this week are
    Kevin Na 80/1
    Ryan Palmer 40/1
    Patrick Reed 125/1
    Brandt Snedeker 18/1

All e/w bar Snedeker. No exchanges this week so wont be laying off if any doing well.

GL all.

Looks like you might not need the exchanges at this stage!

Can see this going badly for myself with Rory Mac pipping Mickelson and English missing out on a place.Bit of hope for a few other places but can't see much past breaking even at best anyway.

• Advertisement

Looks like you might not need the exchanges at this stage!

Another 63 should do it tomorrow:p.

Its kinda funny. If I did not back him I be saying its over, Good Luck, better luck next week, but when you have him backed you always think the worst might happen. Well thats me.

He has been super for 54 holes it has to be said. I cant complain so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Anyone think Hoey might have a sqeek tomorrow, he has such a good record when in contention, saying that I have a feeling that rory will either come out tomorrow and either tear it up and win and lose the plot and fail to place

Another 63 should do it tomorrow:p.

Its kinda funny. If I did not back him I be saying its over, Good Luck, better luck next week, but when you have him backed you always think the worst might happen. Well thats me.

He has been super for 54 holes it has to be said. I cant complain so far.

Yeah I know what you mean,Always seems to happen when you back them.It'd take a ridiculous meltdown for him to lose it now.
    Nice to see Byrd up there and in the mix.I'm hoping he either gets his place or drops off down the card tomorrow so his price stays big for another day.

Yeah I know what you mean,Always seems to happen when you back them.It'd take a ridiculous meltdown for him to lose it now.
    Nice to see Byrd up there and in the mix.I'm hoping he either gets his place or drops off down the card tomorrow so his price stays big for another day.

Just saw where Byrd is.. Thats a good call you made during week.

I dont think we will be seeing 250/1 for him in these type of events again, but triple odds he is worth keeping eye out for. Might even back him small ew next week.(will study that during next week). Exchanges he might be nice price.

One to look out for anyway that is for sure.

If a gun was put to my head for value ew bet in European tour I go Jaidee at 40's

If a gun was put to my head for value ew bet in European tour I go Jaidee at 40's

I'm gonna have a little shout on Baldwin e/w @50s and hope someone can give me any sort of return in the morning.

great win and price by kewtour,enjoy.
    For me it was what could have been,of my 3 picks Karlsson T8th,Every and Jones both T13th,decent showing.
    One player I'm expecting to win this year is Graeme deLaet and he makes his debut this week at Torrey Pines,be surprised if he wins but one to watch defo.

My picks this week are
    Kevin Na 80/1
    Ryan Palmer 40/1
    Patrick Reed 125/1
    Brandt Snedeker 18/1

Phew!

Once Palmer got ahead of Johnson at least I knew I had a winner.

Deep down I knew he was not going to stroll to success. I did expect the field to catch up and for Reed to play Par Golf. Still little too close for comfort but once he got to 18 even I knew it was in bag.

I got the rub of the Green this week. Im not going to lie. It was between Reed, Summerhays and Molder for my outsider. Just glad picked right one.

Till next time.

Abu Dhabi-Mickelson single,Took this yesterday and he's drifted to 19 now raging a little about that. Each ways-Joost,Thorbjorn,Manassero,Karlsson(May follow Bob in his form:-D )Half a stake between Quiros,Aiken and Kruger.Might back Casey in-play if he starts a bit slow. Humana-English single. Each ways-Gay,Laird,Na,Guthrie and a stake split between Goosen and Byrd. Have a small silly double on Rory Mac and English.

Crap week,Roll on the next.

Did you have Reed on Betfair Kew Tour?I think I might have looked up the bookies ew prices on him after you posted and seen they were shorter so left it.:-\

• Advertisement

Did you have Reed on Betfair Kew Tour?I think I might have looked up the bookies ew prices on him after you posted and seen they were shorter so left it.:-\

No they were in shop. Actually was between Ladbrokes, Boyles ,PP and bet365(only online 1 I did). Each one had best odds for each of the 4 I selected. I try get best price if I can. I could not fund to exchanges this week. Kinda afraid to see his price on exchange cause Im sure it was better, but I cant complain.

Had exam on thursday and I saw Palmer was down to 30/1 in Boyles(was 33's in PP) after being 40's before.

Steve Palmer of racing post picked him and Na. I knew Na would go down in price. Saw his name been mentioned around at start of week.

Reed was mostly 100 with 125's in 4-5 places

I think he could go well this week

Actually im wrong. 135/1 was best price for Reed with Stan James, but dont have account with them.

Reed was mostly 100 with 125's in 4-5 places

Ah right,In that case I looked him up and completely dismissed him because no bookie offered an out and out better price.That's how I tend to back as I really know fukall about golf!At least compared to the regulars here anyway.Sometimes I think I'm on great value but at the end of the week I've half the leaderboards backed with no return:-D

Great bet though man,Nice to see at least someone In here hit a good win.

Actually speaking of racing post thats one of reasons I tend to try back my players on Tuesday if I can.

Steve Palmer picks in RP always seem to crash down. I knew Na might be player he pick and Palmer too. Palmer went straight down from 40's to 33's even 28's and Na from 80's down to 66's and 50's.

I always try pick my own players, 90% of my picks are, but I always like reading few tipsters too and if im 50/5 on a selection I would sway with them if they have good reason.

Ah right,In that case I looked him up and completely dismissed him because no bookie offered an out and out better price.That's how I tend to back as I really know fukall about golf!At least compared to the regulars here anyway.Sometimes I think I'm on great value but at the end of the week I've half the leaderboards backed with no return:-D

Great bet though man,Nice to see at least someone In here hit a good win.

You need bit of luck too. I took break from Golf betting last year cause went back college did not have money even small amounts to spend. I knew lot bout Golf and posted in here, but even in last year I have missed out on few things.

Only got back into it this year as on work experience where im getting paid still going college too. But my bets are small compared to before.

Just hope thats not my luck now for year:pac:

Actually speaking of racing post thats one of reasons I tend to try back my players on Tuesday if I can.

Steve Palmer picks in RP always seem to crash down. I knew Na might be player he pick and Palmer too. Palmer went straight down from 40's to 33's even 28's and Na from 80's down to 66's and 50's.

I always try pick my own players, 90% of my picks are, but I always like reading few tipsters too and if im 50/5 on a selection I would sway with them if they have good reason.

Yeah I usually get about half of my picks done by Tuesday,They're pretty much anyone that looks to be a discrepancy in the market.I got on Joost at 33 on Monday and by Tuesday he was 26 or 29 at best,Was delighted for some reason which was really stupid!Problem is I can end up with 7 or 8 backed before looking at proper contenders.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    @The_Real_Ade

European Tour (GOLF) Bets:

1) Phil Mickelson @ 18/1
    2) Paul Casey @ 35/1

Garcia @ 9/1 and Stenson @ 8/1 are too low for me.

6:04pm · 15 Jan 14 · TweetDeck
    Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    @The_Real_Ade
    PGA Tour (GOLF) Bets:

1) Keegan Bradley @ 22/1
    2) Billy Horschel @ 25/1
    3) Ryan Palmer @ 45/1
    4) Nicolas Colsaerts @ 80/1

6:02pm · 15 Jan 14 · TweetDeck

Bleh, so close. Three runner up places and one finishing third in 3 weeks now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

Well done kew tour good win service back to normal after a year off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,881 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

well done kew

don't recall seeing first and second picked at such
    big prices before
    enjoy the win

Advertisement