Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

redzerdrog wrote: »
    am on stallings and perez but have a feeling Woodland is gona win it

Same, the in-play odds are flying about the place with every shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

was just considering whether to have a small cover bet on woodland at 2/1 then he hits a shocker at 17 so happy enough I didnt

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Woeful from him at the death

Stallings has it

• Registered Users Posts: 34,351 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Bubba Watson 40 Betfair
    Hunter Mahan 46 Betfair
    Justin Leonard 125/1 Bet365
    Will MacKenzie 360 Betfair + Finish in Top 10 20/1 with Bet365

Tiger is clear favourite and if he is on form he is sure going to take all the beating. Think he is worth taking on though at short price.

Bubba has been past champion here. He has also finished 4th ad 7th here before, the year he defended his title he finished 13th so think 40 is big on Bubba

Mahan. Finished 6-6-15 the last 3 visits to Torrey Pines. 7 of his 8 cuts made here(never missed the cut) have had 7 Top 30's

Already spoke about Leonard so Mackenzies my last bet.

Since he regained his card from 6 events he has had 15th, 12th, 9th and 12th placed finishes. Field has more big guns but one for back to lay backers and 20/1 on Top 20 is decent value.

Small stakes this week again.

GL all.

Happy with that Mackenzie gets T7 so win the the bet.

A guy I will be watching closely next few weeks.

Happy for Stallings. Was on him when he won Greenbrieer and his other win on PGA so have soft spot for him(both posted here at time), but after poor enough season last year felt his odds were justified and little surprised he won, but happy for him all the same.

Congrats to anyone who had a winner or made few quid.

Till next time.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Impressive implosion from Speith over the weekend, yeesssh.

(Been couped up in hospital for the past couple of days. So only seeing the results now, and yes, I had money on him as a couple here know from Twitter.)

• Advertisement

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

(Been couped up in hospital for the past couple of days. So only seeing the results now, and yes, I had money on him as a couple here know from Twitter.)

Get well soon. Hope its not too bad.

(Been couped up in hospital for the past few days. So only seeing the results now, and yes, I had money on him.)

he has no doubt amazing talent but I struggle to watch him tbh people say that Horschel is highly strung but this kid is on a different planet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

bradlente wrote: »
    Qatar:
    Single:Hanson
    Each way:
    Jaidee
    Wood
    Lawrie
    Fichardt
    Sullivan
    Hansen
    1st round leader Sullivan

Farmers:
    Bradley
    Mahan
    De Laet
    Dubuisson
    Leonard
    Stanley
    MacKenzie

Lots of long shots this week so won't be too upset if it falls flat on its arse.

Another shot and Mackenzie would've been a place at a great price.:rolleyes: Lawrie went close at the death too but fell away. De Laet covered a lot in the end.Byrd was very poor so I'll leave him alone unless he goes off massive again on a course he has history with.
    Think I'm backing too many but when you see Woods a 3.5 favourite missing the cut it shows the value that's out there.

On those two in Phoenix myself.

Struggling to narrow down bets in Dubai though.

• Advertisement

On those two in Phoenix myself.

Struggling to narrow down bets in Dubai though.

!ts difficult when Rory, Tiger and Stenson all show up but id love to see any two of them in the final group on sunday all the same

!ts difficult when Rory, Tiger and Stenson all show up but id love to see any two of them in the final group on sunday all the same

Aye same.

Rory's odds are most unappealing. I realise he's a big fan of the course (helps having won there!) and is playing better this season, but 7/2 with such a decent field is bit.. well, extreme to put it kindly.

I fancy one from Olesen or Luiten to crash the party this week and really contend.

Aye same.

Rory's odds are most unappealing. I realise he's a big fan of the course (helps having won there!) and is playing better this season, but 7/2 with such a decent field is bit.. well, extreme to put it kindly.

I fancy one from Olesen or Luiten to crash the party this week and really contend.

Olesen was on my shortlist was hoping for 33s though

I'm on Joost myself,He went off at the same price the other week and just missed out on a place.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Kirk Van Houten

Dubai
    MA Jimenez 1 point e/w 66/1 (6 places)

Phoenix
    Ryan Moore 1 point e/w 35/1
    Brendan Steele 0.5 point e/w 66/1
    Pat Perez 1.5 points e/w 66/1
    Martin Laird 0.5 point e/w 80/1
    Ben Crane 0.5 point e/w 80/1

Really fancy Perez in Phoenix. Lives in Scottsdale has some half decent top 30's in this tournament and is hitting some decent enough form at the moment (2 top 10's in last 3 tournaments).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

main e/w bet so far for me is Brendan Steele @66/1,havn't done anyone else yet.
    Thinking Van Pelt,Gay and YE Yang as possibles.

don't know what to do in Dubai,can't back McElroy @7/2 even though course suits his game big time,there's a premium on gir on this course so can't see him not being involved come Sunday.
    I'm backing 2 in the w/o market with pp,Ricardo Santos and Marc warren both 100/1 e/w top5
    Added Canizarez in the w/o market 50/1 e/w

main e/w bet so far for me is Brendan Steele @66/1,havn't done anyone else yet.
    Thinking Van Pelt,Gay and YE Yang as possibles.

van Pelt at about 100/1 was interesting. Has some course form but not sure about current form.

van Pelt at about 100/1 was interesting. Has some course form but not sure about current form.

price is too big to miss,sometimes people look into current form too much,it's a course that if a player gets streaky they can win,it's an easy course so it's all about the flat stick,that's why I have gay thrown in.

Sneds is another who's form is a bit dodge and a worrying missed cut last week but with his putting 33/1 might look big come Sunday evening.

price is too big to miss,sometimes people look into current form too much,it's a course that if a player gets streaky they can win,it's an easy course so it's all about the flat stick,that's why I have gay thrown in.

Sneds is another who's form is a bit dodge and a worrying missed cut last week but with his putting 33/1 might look big come Sunday evening.

I threw Crane in for the same reason as well as past tournament form.

• Advertisement

id be intetested in your thoughts on brenden steele for this week as you both picked him

just wondering have i missed an angle here coz he wasnt on my radar whatsoever

Would do little write up but wanting to watch United game:p

Ryan Moore 33/1 ew
    Billy Horschel 33/1 ew
    Scott Piercy 90win and place
    Luke Gutherie 120 win and place

Might sneak in 1 more tomorrow.

id be intetested in your thoughts on brenden steele for this week as you both picked him

just wondering have i missed an angle here coz he wasnt on my radar whatsoever

last two years he's been T5 and T6 (i think) in this tournament. came with very little form both times so it just seems to be a course he likes. big price for someone with that course/tournament form. same with Crane really.

last two years he's been T5 and T6 (i think) in this tournament. came with very little form both times so it just seems to be a course he likes. big price for someone with that course/tournament form. same with Crane really.

cheers, dont know how i missed that in my research.

Phoenix Open:

1) Webb Simpson @ 18/1
    2) Keegan Bradley @ 25/1
    3) Ryan Palmer @ 35/1
    4) Billy Horschel @ 35/1
    5) Nicolas Colsaerts @ 80/1

Regret not taking Colsaerts at 100/1 this time yesterday with 365!

Dubai Desert Classic:

1) Thorbjorn Olesen @ 28/1
    2) Joost Luiten @ 30/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

Lots money for billy horseshoe strange

Dubai all each ways
    Luiten
    Seung Yul noh
    Scott Jamieson
    Jaidee
    A stake split across Morten Orum Madsen Jin Jeong and Jb Hansen.
    Shane Lowry top GB/Irish player

Phoenix e/w
    De Laet
    Leishman
    Every
    Charles Howell lll
    Choi
    Na
    Molder
    Levin

Would back Crane now only he's gone in.Have enough backed anyway!

Would do little write up but wanting to watch United game:p

Ryan Moore 33/1 ew
    Billy Horschel 33/1 ew
    Scott Piercy 90win and place
    Luke Gutherie 120 win and place

Might sneak in 1 more tomorrow.

Going to leave it at 4. Was thinking about giving Bubba a chance, but Steve Palmer picked him and his price is gone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭frat

Perez, Horschel and Moore in the states doubled up with Jimenez and Larrazabal in Europe (with the top 3)

• Advertisement

Advertisement