Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Who needs winners when you can finish as a runner up? 5 runner ups in 6 weeks now, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,349 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Who needs winners when you can finish as a runner up? 5 runner ups in 6 weeks now, lol.

Thats unlucky. Even put 2 winners in there and you be laughing.

Well done if anyone had Bubba. His first win since Masters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Well someone did pretty good with their predictions and it wasnt me!

http://www.bmandmsolutions.co.uk/golfbettingsystem/predict.asp

Johnson 1st & Bubba 4th

http://www.bmandmsolutions.co.uk/golfbettingsystem2/predict.asp

Aiken predicted 1st

Grillo & Haas / Choi both let me down on last day

Roll on next week / week after for the double again

Going to give next week a miss with MatchPlay.

Never seem to do well in Matchplay betting.

So best leave it and hopefully kick on after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Kak week for me again too,May keep an eye on that chart for next week!

Got a decent price on Bubba a few weeks ago for the Masters kinda wish he didn't get the win today,Was nice to see him steaming last week wanting to get back on and get the win but his momentum will probably have run its course come April.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

Going to give next week a miss with MatchPlay.

Never seem to do well in Matchplay betting.

So best leave it and hopefully kick on after that.

surely you have to back someone for the interest.
    I've been pretty lucky in this over recent years and that's all you can hope for...luck.
    Secret here for me is don't go looking ahead at who your player will meet,just back someone who has done ok over the recent past and is coming in with desent form.
    Main bet for me will be J.day

surely you have to back someone for the interest.
    I've been pretty lucky in this over recent years and that's all you can hope for...luck.
    Secret here for me is don't go looking ahead at who your player will meet,just back someone who has done ok over the recent past and is coming in with desent form.
    Main bet for me will be J.day

If I see a nice price for couple I might play.

Prices should be out nice and early tomorrow.

Not a fan of this event myself betting wise. Probably have smaller than usual stakes on a couple of Europeans (tend to step up) and leave it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

I've backed Snedeker,Kuchar and Thorbjorn and am leaving it at that.The reasoning is the same for all of them,Thinking their prices will come in.
    It's usually how I back in Golf and am gonna go with it this week.The whole research thing didn't really work out last week!:pac:It takes up a hell of a lot of time too at least for me anyway.I've no idea about each courses dynamics and it takes me ages to look up past form and performance stats.Will have to look at those things little by little for now as the effort just isn't worth it.

Also off-topic,RIP Eisenhower tree:o

bradlente wrote: »

Also off-topic,RIP Eisenhower tree:o

Ah sad to hear its gone. Tiger played a great shot underneath that few years ago.

Really cant wait for Masters

• Advertisement

For those with a PP account.
    Paddy Power @paddypower
    WGC Match Play tomorrow! If your selection leads through 12 holes & fails to win, we'll refund your losing match bet!

WGC Match Play:

1/ Henrik Stenson @ 20/1
    2/ Keegan Bradley @ 45/1
    3/ Thorbjorn Olesen @ 100/1

World matchplay
    1.Ryan Moore @50/1
    2.de Laet @50/1
    3.Charl @33/1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭manafana

paddys offer is good one on paper but very few matches are lost if a player is up after 12 based on last year.

Agree on not looking to far ahead as no matter who you play its tricky. I do like my players been eased in with a nice 1st round match however.

2pts Ian Poulter 33/1 various – Comes out to shine in match play format and of course a past winner of this and was out of this world in the Ryder Cup last time. Took 40s on exchanges early in week.

2pts Web Simpson 33/1 betvictor – A pick of mine for the PGA Tour money list he has been nothing if consistent so far this year and has a strong record in match play. He got to the final 8 last year and good signs with a useful draw.

My full WGC picks are on SBB

Looked at a few this week and just cant seem to find any price I like.

Best of luck to all this week. Will get stuck in again next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Hi

Going for

Hunter Mahan

Luke Donald

Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Johnny86

Gone with 5 with the hope of being able to cash out if they're all going well - nothing too outrageous

Mahan
    Kuchar
    Donald
    Stricker
    Stenson

Others contemplated were Kaymer, Dubuisson, and G-Mac...but then noticed they were all in the same bracket as Mahan so left them out

Looked at a few this week and just cant seem to find any price I like.

Best of luck to all this week. Will get stuck in again next week.

I really think Jason Day will go close but 20/1 is a bit short,its a long week and you need luck to go ur way and u ur putting has to be on every match.
    Think the prices on offer are not great tbh

I really think Jason Day will go close but 20/1 is a bit short,its a long week and you need luck to go ur way and u ur putting has to be on every match.
    Think the prices on offer are not great tbh

Its just outright matchplay is not for me.

I think I have backed in about 10 matchplays and fell short even on place money.

Im sure plenty here will love them and do well, just I would not feel confident in any prices outright.

I might however dive into a couple of match bets, but even a that be 1 or 2 max imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Johnny86

Johnny86 wrote: »
    Gone with 5 with the hope of being able to cash out if they're all going well - nothing too outrageous

Mahan
    Kuchar
    Donald
    Stricker
    Stenson

Others contemplated were Kaymer, Dubuisson, and G-Mac...but then noticed they were all in the same bracket as Mahan so left them out

Just left with Mahan, Kuchar and Stenson....Donald took a hammering and I suspect Stricker was fairly rusty

• Advertisement

World matchplay
    1.Ryan Moore @50/1
    2.de Laet @50/1
    3.Charl @33/1

Added Jason day @20/1 before the start,win only,will post slip tomorrow

Never thought I'd see the day Poulter being bounced out off the first round of any match play based tourney, yikes.

edit - it was against Fowler, can't hold that against them in this format.

Never thought I'd see the day Poulter being bounced out off the first round of any match play based tourney, yikes.

edit - it was against Fowler, can't hold that against them in this format.

he's been knocked out in the first round a few times over the last 5 years or so,18 is over so quick,anyone can be beaten.
    A quick start and it's hard to be caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭Speak Now

3rd time in 4 years believe it or not!

lets be honest about it,this comp is a stick in a pin in it job,take out a few gimps and anyone can win it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭Speak Now

A bit short but fancy English to beat Mcilroy @ 6/4.

Really glad I stayed away from this week.

I narrowed my selections down to 6. I would have picked 4 from those.

Lee Westwood
    Zach Johnson
    Luke Donald
    Donaldon
    Jaidee
    Piercy

All 6 lost 1st round ties:pac:.

I know 3 were outsiders but still...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

I bet that I didnt put in my log and a bit of a story to go with it.

Was out for a few pints on Sunday evening and was fairly well on by the time the golf was finishing up. I had my phone in my hand and for some reason had the boylesports app opened when Bubba hits a tee shot on a par 3 (might have been 16 cant recall) a bit blurry eyed I ask my mate did it land close, he says about 10 foot I think. Next I just click throw 100 on bubba at 1/2 to win, the confusion from both of us when we realise bubba was in the bunker and we trying to figure out how he got there.

It was probably a lot funnier at the time :pac:

he's been knocked out in the first round a few times over the last 5 years or so,18 is over so quick,anyone can be beaten.
    A quick start and it's hard to be caught.

Jaysus, did not realise that at all.

• Advertisement

That's all my pre-tourney bets done for. Stenson got hammered earlier. I hate betting match play :pac:

Advertisement