Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

Whoever wins kuchar speith will be fav at end of day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

jjll wrote: »
    Whoever wins kuchar speith will be fav at end of day

What about Day?

What about Day?

maybe joint but whichever one wins will be fav

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Favourite in your eyes or in the books?

d719dbae0b9cce01d3fa35bb4f13540d.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,379 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Favourite in your eyes or in the books?

d719dbae0b9cce01d3fa35bb4f13540d.png

On Day myself and think yesterday's match could stand to him. He was under pressure a few times coming from thre down and putting second to halve a few times and did well I thought. Bottle shouldn't be a problem based on that performance although I didn't see any of the earlier holes. A worthy favourite I think

• Advertisement

Think Harris has a great chance from here,just stuck a tenner on @12's

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Johnny86

Doing a bit of a random bet,

1e trebles and 1e accum (total of 5e) on the 1st hole to be tied in each of the 3rd round matches (5/6 they're priced at). if three come in then its slight profit (6e returned), if all 4 come in then it returns about 35e.

I've grouped the following games
    English, Garcia, Mahan, Dubuisson

and then grouped
    Simpson, Els, Day, Kuchar.

Most of these guys have been parring that hole over the first couple of rounds..just a handful of birdies among them.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,349 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Garcia backers must feel a bit peeved

Garcia backers must feel a bit peeved

ah sure its only a bit a craic lads:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: what ever went on at the 6th hole was history...you don't give pay back for pissing you opponent off,you just go on and turn the screw
    Jesus you wouldn't see it in a club matchplay...defo no place for that messing in pro golf

McDowell just keeps surviving.

• Advertisement

ah sure its only a bit a craic lads:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: what ever went on at the 6th hole was history...you don't give pay back for pissing you opponent off,you just go on and turn the screw
    Jesus you wouldn't see it in a club matchplay...defo no place for that messing in pro golf

What did he do? Was just saying to couple of friends that I have always thought Sergio was an abrasive character and bit of a sore loser. Was surprised to see him doing a post match interview with Fowler because first it's unusual to see a double interview and second because I would usually expect him to sulk or moan.

Sorry if that sounds anti Garcia. Just thought for a long time he needed a lesson in sportsmanship.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    McDowell just keeps surviving.

Plus one. Tough competitor. Does not know when beaten. Would have him as Ryder Cup wild card even if he Was ranked 200th in the world

Collie D wrote: »
    What did he do? Was just saying to couple of friends that I have always thought Sergio was an abrasive character and bit of a sore loser. Was surprised to see him doing a post match interview with Fowler because first it's unusual to see a double interview and second because I would usually expect him to sulk or moan.

Sorry if that sounds anti Garcia. Just thought for a long time he needed a lesson in sportsmanship.

on the previous hole he delayed play unduly for some reason...not sure what the exact reason was tbh

on the previous hole he delayed play unduly for some reason...not sure what the exact reason was tbh

Somthing got to do with bees all around him if Golf Channel is to be believed

Somthing got to do with bees all around him if Golf Channel is to be believed

Indeed it was.

Threw €25 on Spieth @ 4/1 there before I end up regretting it (knowing my luck, he'd win if I didn't put anything on him!), already do somewhat when I considered him yesterday @ 10/1.

What about Day?

joint favs bob

Just JD left for me

Speith terrible today can see why he cant get overline at moment

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Speith terrible today can see why he cant get overline at moment

He puts in a bad one every week, he will put 4 good rounds together at some stage but he is constantly underpriced

• Advertisement

redzerdrog wrote: »
    He puts in a bad one every week, he will put 4 good rounds together at some stage but he is constantly underpriced

Used up all the birds in first 3 rounds ernie just kept finding fairway then green and actually putted well

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Used up all the birds in first 3 rounds ernie just kept finding fairway then green and actually putted well

I only saw bits of the match but it looked like Speith was losing the plot with himself at times, I know he is only a kid but he a lot of growing up to do

What's the story,any more matches today,

What's the story,any more matches today,

Both semi and final tomorrow asaik.

Just after 2 o clock Irish Time.

Well, that was a bit crap. Only saw their final hole in the pub and facepalmed big time suffice to say. Glad it was Ernie who beat him out of anyone though.

Good luck to those with bets still contesting today.

redzerdrog wrote: »
    I only saw bits of the match but it looked like Speith was losing the plot with himself at times, I know he is only a kid but he a lot of growing up to do

Final hole alone, his body language was terrible. Was like he had given up after his approach shot.

Is the final just 18 holes lads?

Is the final just 18 holes lads?

Yup.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Johnny86

Johnny86 wrote: »
    Gone with 5 with the hope of being able to cash out if they're all going well - nothing too outrageous

Mahan
    Kuchar
    Donald
    Stricker
    Stenson

Others contemplated were Kaymer, Dubuisson, and G-Mac...but then noticed they were all in the same bracket as Mahan so left them out

Pretty annoyed Dubuisson didnt make my shortlist!! Backed him last week too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

No luck for me,All the prices I backed went in afterwards though.Can't complain if that happens every week.

Advertisement