Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Hi

Going for:

Honda Classic - Keegan Bradley & Charles Schwartzel - David Lynn could be an outsider to consider

Tshwane Open - J Van Zyl & H Otto

Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

TShwene Open
    [EMAIL="Otto@28/1"]Otto@28/1[/EMAIL]
    LPGA
    [EMAIL="Pressel@66/1"]Pressel@66/1[/EMAIL]

Honda
    Kirk @66/1
    Jones @80/1
    Noh @100/1
    John Peterson '200/1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭manafana

My Honda Classic Picks

Such a good field as we get the end of the west coast swing and now get a build up towards the Masters. Interesting Mickelson plays this for first time given it should really suit him. Two value quality picks relative to the prices of the favourites.

Phil Mickelson 25/1 paddy power – Coming off his spring break with family. Ticks plenty boxes to do well on this type of course, but not played it before to judge on that view. Note that all bar one of his season opening wins came from nowhere so he has never needed form in the run up.

Henrik Stenson 30/1 betvictor- Match play in the desert was never going to suit his playing style and heading back to a tight course with Bermuda greens will suit the Swede. Winner of both money tables last season and has a masters on his mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Johnny86

In the end I've done the following
    Honda Classic - Horschel 50-1, Stroud 80-1....had considered Phil, Donald and Matsuyama but had to narrow down

Tshwane Open - Ollie Fisher 66-1, Madsen 33-1..had considered Horne, Da Silva..think McGrane will be best of the Irish

• Registered Users Posts: 34,349 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Was looking at Ogilvy but when saw him picked in RP that was that.

• Advertisement

Was looking at Ogilvy but when saw him picked in RP that was that.

just as I say it

Got him on exchanges at @150!

think he too big turn down at that price with previous form here

Backed Top 5 Hopefully too by morning

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Fant11

Willett retired lads. Have him in few doubles. Anyone know if you get stake returned?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Fant11 wrote: »
    Willett retired lads. Have him in few doubles. Anyone know if you get stake returned?

Very unlikely, who did you back with? Actually it's not clear if he teed off is it, with no scores by his name it implies he teed off but didnt finish a hole???

Very unlikely, who did you back with? Actually it's not clear if he teed off is it, with no scores by his name it implies he teed off but didnt finish a hole???

Paddys. Saw they have a three hole rule. That's v annoying, esp cause have him in doubles! Ah well, Hugo to win

Paddys. Saw they have a three hole rule. That's v annoying, esp cause have him in doubles! Ah well, Hugo to win

3 hole rule, you might be lucky so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

It will be another tight event this week by the looks of things, I'm not fancying any of the lower priced players but I think there is some great value to be had further down the field.

Billy Horschel @ 50/1
    Chris Kirk @ 66/1
    Luke Guthrie @ 80/1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

3 hole rule, you might be lucky so.

He played 6 holes so Id say you might be fecked!

Site updated since to show he completed 7 holes :(

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

:)

just backed Westwood win only @50/1,he's not out till later

Site updated since to show he completed 7 holes :(

Was onto pp and they are voiding dbl and putting it down as singles. Not bad from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭lmao

Some round by Zach Johnson. Quadruple bogey on his 2nd hole and ends up posting a 3 under round.

Horschel still 50/1 with pp. Birdied 1st. Says it's one of his fave courses.

Horschel still 50/1 with pp. Birdied 1st. Says it's one of his fave courses.

one of the easiest holes,wouldn't get too excited 33/1 anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭BQQ

lmao wrote: »
    Some round by Zach Johnson. Quadruple bogey on his 2nd hole and ends up posting a 3 under round.

Backed him for first rnd leader :(
    Just out of the places as it stands.

Sooooo frustrating. :mad:

• Advertisement

Westwood going nice,2 behind Rory,Rory 7/4 ,Westy 20/1.You'd wonder if there should be that much of a gap.
    Rors just gone on a birdie blitz,up to -10

• Registered Users Posts: 11,379 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

-11 now playing 18. Lee might give him a fight if he doesnt drop any today. No sign of any toothache unfortunately. On Fowler and have given up already. Won't catch McIlroy

Collie D wrote: »
    -11 now playing 18. Lee might give him a fight if he doesnt drop any today. No sign of any toothache unfortunately. On Fowler and have given up already. Won't catch McIlroy

Just backed LW win only for some stupid reason,in with a squeak,that's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Tommybom

Just backed LW win only for some stupid reason,in with a squeak,that's all.

Westwood and donald have to come back to form eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Johnny86

Johnny86 wrote: »
    In the end I've done the following
    Honda Classic - Horschel 50-1, Stroud 80-1....had considered Phil, Donald and Matsuyama but had to narrow down

Tshwane Open - Ollie Fisher 66-1, Madsen 33-1..had considered Horne, Da Silva..think McGrane will be best of the Irish

Madsen...what an awful round today. Was fairly confident of at least a place going into today....now its a longshot!!

Stroud going nicely in the Honda and has place possibilities but Rory will be the one to beat.

TShwene Open
    Otto@28/1
    LPGA
    Pressel@66/1

Honda
    Kirk @66/1
    Jones @80/1
    Noh @100/1
    John Peterson '200/1

was going to do a little e/w double with the above but had spent enough,Pressel in a tie for 5th and Otto in e/w place,disaster in the pga tour but I'm going to stick with kirk,think he will win this year.
    added McKenzie @8/1 and Tringale@11/1 to be placed (top 3)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Another rubbish week for me.Was sure Mcllroy had it sewn up today.

Looking at Honda this week some may noticed I have backed Mackenzie few times now this stage.

He has played this course over 50 times he has said. Now while course knowledge does not always work out hopefully its another decent week for him. He has done well here in past too.

Took 100 ew 6 places PP

Thank God for 6 places even if price halved for share.

Only will make slight profit this weekend.

Another very nice week for McKenzie. If there is any fault I would find with him is that he does not shoot a good enough round on the Saturday or Sunday to get in the mix. Not really shot a low number on a Sunday to answer questions yet, but he been very solid and I think a win is not too far away although might be little later in year. Worth keeping tabs on though.

Still happy to back im though once he stays at around the big odds.

Thank God for 6 places even if price halved for share.

Only will make slight profit this weekend.

Another very nice week for McKenzie. If there is any fault I would find with him is that he does not shoot a good enough round on the Saturday or Sunday to get in the mix. Not really shot a low number on a Sunday to answer questions yet, but he been very solid and I think a win is not too far away although might be little later in year. Worth keeping tabs on though.

Still happy to back im though once he stays at around the big odds.
    I think his final round scoring average is actually quite good...anyway well done

• Advertisement

I think his final round scoring average is actually quite good...anyway well done

Ya looking at some of the other scores today just now you have a point.

Advertisement