Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

Johnny86 wrote: »
    I've got Jim at 35s with paddys pre tournament myself

yeah I just had a look at pre tourney prices,i backed him around 6pm on Thursday before he started,25/1 was pretty scabby then but he's not far off.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Low scores out there today it looks like. Goosen just shot a round of 64 to jump from last place to second in the leaderboard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

I backed Jim@25/1 yesterday,whan was he 40/1?post ur bet up if you like

Hey I got him @40 on Monday on BF, I honestly don't know how to take a screenshot of the bet, you will have to trust me! Won't matter anyway he's @65 now!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Hey I got him @40 on Monday on BF, I honestly don't know how to take a screenshot of the bet, you will have to trust me! Won't matter anyway he's @65 now!

According to oddschecker the best price Furyk was on Monday was 33s :confused:

It doesn't particularly bother me as I have no involvement this week but getting the best price available is such a big part of golf betting, there is a big difference in getting someone at 40s or 25s so I can understand lads being pissed off have backed Furyk at 25s for then someone to claim they have 40s on the same guy.

Tbh, I can see him having gotten 40s. I also remember seeing he was generally 35/1 on Oddschecker going by vague memory, so one or two of the more generous books probably did have him available at 40s.

Anywhoo, a low round today for Freddie would be ever so delightful!

• Advertisement

Wind is meant to pick up later, could make things trickier for the later starters.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Kirk Van Houten

to keep any sort of interest in it for me i've gone with Jim Furyk at 22/1. He's 2 under through 5 and 4 under overall. With the wind to pick up he may not be a bad bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Kirk Van Houten

to keep any sort of interest in it for me i've gone with Jim Furyk at 22/1. He's 2 under through 5 and 4 under overall. With the wind to pick up he may not be a bad bet.

Apologies to anyone who backed Furyk before the off as I have now cursed him. Two over since I backed him.

Some implosion from Garrigus, sessh. +5 thru 8 so far.

redzerdrog wrote: »
    According to oddschecker the best price Furyk was on Monday was 33s :confused:

It doesn't particularly bother me as I have no involvement this week but getting the best price available is such a big part of golf betting, there is a big difference in getting someone at 40s or 25s so I can understand lads being pissed off have backed Furyk at 25s for then someone to claim they have 40s on the same guy.

Thanks very much for looking into the matter, all in the hope of making a liar out of me.

Someone tell me how to screenshot please.....

• Advertisement

Thanks very much for looking into the matter, all in the hope of making a liar out of me.

Someone tell me how to screenshot please.....

www.google.com

Bet.png

You went out of your way to make me a liar, pretty pathetic in all honesty, you had no bets, you weren't bothered but still went digging, stick to your own aftertiming, ill informed, poorly written golf 'tips' thread. Thanks, no need to apologise for questioning my integrity and character.

3-0 lads, 3-0. Think happy thoughts!

Senden has this wrapped up.

Bet.png

You went out of your way to make me a liar, pretty pathetic in all honesty, you had no bets, you weren't bothered but still went digging, stick to your own aftertiming, ill informed, poorly written golf 'tips' thread. Thanks, no need to apologise for questioning my integrity and character.

LOL as i said i couldnt give a flying **** if you backed him at a 100/1 and as you are new to the thread I was explaining why the lads were quizing you on the price. I didn't go digging anything I am regularly researching what the best price was and when each firm go top price ie when the book open at first on Monday or just before the tournament starts. In particular this week I was looking at how Donalds price fluctuated as he was someone I backed here last year.

Lastly where is this aftertiming, ill informed, poorly written golf 'tips' thread you speak of??? It's hardly my 'log' that keeps track of my bets and is up over 1000pts profit in 14 months is it? :o

redzerdrog wrote: »
    According to oddschecker the best price Furyk was on Monday was 33s :confused:So I couldn't have possibly had him at 40, I must be a liar....

It doesn't particularly bother me (but I will post about it) as I have no involvement this week but getting the best price available is such a big part of golf betting, there is a big difference in getting someone at 40s or 25s so I can understand lads being pissed off ( who was pissed off? someone asked about it and I replied, he took my word) have backed Furyk at 25s for then someone to claim( Yeah I 'claimed' it didn't I) they have 40s on the same guy.

Stop trying to back down,your implications are clear as day. I'm done with this now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

YayaBanana wrote: »
    Valspar Championship

Graham DeLaet @33/1 - I really like DeLaet, I'm sure he'll win soon.

Gary Woodland @35/1 - Won here in 2011, missed cut last year but has started this year ok with 3 top 20's already including T16 last week in Doral.

Also going to follow a few tips on here with Russell Knox and Jonas Blixt.

Both finished Tied 8th. Both had poor first rounds so were always chasing. DeLaet just needs to put together 4 solid rounds and he will win.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,349 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Rest of my bets this week are..

Harris English 18/1 win only
    Will Mackenzie 75 win and place
    Jonas Blixt 90 win and place

English really has all the stats on his side and while price may look skinny his consistency and fact he can get over the line I think his price is actually decent. Mackenzie is being backed weekly now as I think he will win this season and hopefully soon.

The interesting one is Blixt. Very talented player and Florida resident. Only player not to have made bogey in 2nd round last week in that wind, with his final round 66 Bogey free I think he is very good value this week.

Another good week for Mackenzie. He is going to come good soon enough I can feel it:pac:.

Only made slight profit with with 2/3 tie, but would have taken it at start today.

Well done Senden, backed him few weeks ago, but cant complain after last week

Im off for pint

Till next time

Another good week for Mackenzie. He is going to come good soon enough I can feel it:pac:.

Only made slight profit with with 2/3 tie, but would have taken it at start today.

Well done Senden, backed him few weeks ago
    , but cant complain after last week

Im off for pint

Till next time

It's hard to not feel somewhat aggrieved though isn't it! I had Reed backed the week before the WGC, it stung a bit.

bit of a disaster week for me or so I thought,was off on Friday,game of golf followed by pints and Cheltenham and I've just found a docket in my pocket for Fred Couples to win the senior event.
    Bet was placed around teatime and I was already in a bad state.
    Only 5/1 but a wins a win,

For aftertiming haters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

bit of a disaster week for me or so I thought,was off on Friday,game of golf followed by pints and Cheltenham and I've just found a docket in my pocket for Fred Couples to win the senior event.
    Bet was placed around teatime and I was already in a bad state.
    Only 5/1 but a wins a win,

I looked at the leaderboard earlier and noticed Dunlap who I took a price on earlier last week on a whim.T1 with 3 others and the only one left out on the course,Thought he was sure of a place at least:mad:

edit-Not sure if it's 4 or 5 places paid with that event actually,It's still coming up as unsettled and I've 1 or 2 that have been already settled as losses on other sites where they paid 5.I'll sort out aftertiming if needs be but it's such a paltry return I'd almost rather declare this whole post a lie than learn how to screenshot and blackout all my information.Suppose I have to learn to do it sometime though and it seems easy enough!

It's hard to not feel somewhat aggrieved though isn't it! I had Reed backed the week before the WGC, it stung a bit.

the only 2 times I have backed Reed he has won.

if I did not win last week I be more annoyed.

in fairness everyone here I bet has backed a Golfer 1 week and he wins week after.

its all part of golf betting.

PP are paying 6 places for Arnold Palmer this week.

I read on twitter that they are going 6 places on all PGA events till Masters. Not sure if true or not. Not seen anything on their site.

to be fair if you look at the prices it should be 6 places in all(decent) bookies every week(except Boyles and Lads obviously)

to be fair if you look at the prices it should be 6 places in all(decent) bookies every week(except Boyles and Lads obviously)

I think its only matter of time before 6 places becomes permanent.

Just hope value stays though.

For anyone considering them or have bets on them already, Day and Schwartzel have withdrawn from the Arnold Palmer Invitational. Was actually heavily considering the latter for this week myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

So far have Knox,Henley(100s) and Castano 151.

Abery 67 in the Investec Cup.

Maggert 71 and Bryant 91 in Mississippi.

Can't separate any favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Johnny86

Are people taking on Woods this week? He has been showing signs of form, maybe 2 good rounds. Impossible to argue with his course form, 15/2 is just too short for me.
    Rose also has good course form and was in the mix last week...but 14s a bit skinny too i think.
    Ones I'm considering at the moment are
    Ryan Moore 40
    David Hearn 66
    Chris Stroud 66
    Pat Perez 80 (or maybe just for 1st round leader)

Johnny86 wrote: »
    Are people taking on Woods this week? He has been showing signs of form, maybe 2 good rounds. Impossible to argue with his course form, 15/2 is just too short for me.
    Rose also has good course form and was in the mix last week...but 14s a bit skinny too i think.
    Ones I'm considering at the moment are
    Ryan Moore 40
    David Hearn 66
    Chris Stroud 66
    Pat Perez 80 (or maybe just for 1st round leader)

Took 17/2 on Woods I had decided before the prices came out that if i got 8s id punt him. Rose and G-mac are the other two I like but missed the 16s available on Rose so haven't backed either of them yet, I really think the winner will come from the fancied runners this week though

• Advertisement

I have backed Tiger at 17/2 straight win. My Tissue had him at 13/2-7's so think its good price. His record speaks for itself.

I cant remember the last time I took single 9's or less on a player before Tournament, but this might be the Tiger week finally.

Also got matched with Mackenzie at 70 yet to get onto place market. Will do another 1 or 2 by tomorrow. Few in shortlist this week.

Advertisement