Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,349 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Here is the course layout(click on tab on right hand side for each hole)

http://www.bayhill.com/Golf/Golf-Course-Tour-of-Holes/Hole-1-1907.html

Here is something to keep in mind this week. I stole this from another site
    The PGA Tour waves farewell to Florida with this week's Arnold Palmer Invitational at Bay Hill Country Club.

Like The Blue Monster at Doral, host of the WGC-Cadillac Championship won by Patrick Reed, this week's course was originally designed by Dick Wilson and rates what you'd call a typical Florida layout.

Also in keeping with Doral, Bay Hill underwent a redesign of sorts in 2010 and while less obvious to that which altered Doral so blatantly, Tiger Woods confirmed that the changes are clear to the players. "It's a very different golf course than what I played in a couple of years ago after the redo," he said, and while it hasn't stopped Woods winning, it's a point worth bearing in mind.

Now a par 72, Bay Hill played to an average of 72.93 last year and in the process ranked the fourth most difficult of its kind on the circuit, and 12th from 43 overall. The only par 72s which played tougher are Augusta, Quail Hollow and Muirfield Village, and they're worth including when looking for collateral form lines.

Other words worth noting are those of Justin Rose who says this course "tends to suit a right-to-left ball flight", and Ian Poulter, who said: "I felt the course was very, very good. I like the changes. I like the way they have created a lot of run-offs around the green. For me, I much prefer that, because the green consistency normally is pretty firm and pretty fast."

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Johnny86

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Took 17/2 on Woods I had decided before the prices came out that if i got 8s id punt him. Rose and G-mac are the other two I like but missed the 16s available on Rose so haven't backed either of them yet, I really think the winner will come from the fancied runners this week though

I agree, with Senden, Reed and Henley winning the last 3 weeks it will probably be one of the main lads. More i think about it, Woods is a fair price at 17/2. Zach Johnson at 25s is also taking my eye.

Johnny86 wrote: »
    Zach Johnson at 25s is also taking my eye.

Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

Kirk @66/1 and CH 3 @50/1 so far

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Adding Hunter Mahan 28/1 ew

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭The Parish King

Can anyone tell me what Z. Johnson, Moore and Kirk's records are like at Bay Hill? Been trying to find it but all I can seem to get is best or notable finishes. Even a link to a website that would have the stats would be greatly appreciated!

They're the three I'm thinking of atm anyway, unless of course I find out that they have disastrous records here :pac:

Can anyone tell me what Z. Johnson, Moore and Kirk's records are like at Bay Hill? Been trying to find it but all I can seem to get is best or notable finishes. Even a link to a website that would have the stats would be greatly appreciated!

They're the three I'm thinking of atm anyway, unless of course I find out that they have disastrous records here :pac:

Bookmark this baby

https://sites.google.com/site/smartgolfbets/this-week
    Just click "This Week" on left hand side and click on event you want and bobs your uncle.

Ask away if want any questions answered on it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Initial thoughts are Kevin Na

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

abarkie wrote: »
    Initial thoughts are Kevin Na

course should suit his game, has good course form and good recent form so wouldn't put anyone off backing him apart from the fact you might have to follow him for 4 days and he is painfully slow

In a field of this quality I would prob want about 66s to get involved personally but 50s isnt a bad price on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Who here has drove the green on the Par 5 in Bay Hill across the water on Tiger Woods!?! Any pros ever tried it?

• Advertisement

Bookmark this baby

https://sites.google.com/site/smartgolfbets/this-week
    Just click "This Week" on left hand side and click on event you want and bobs your uncle.

Ask away if want any questions answered on it

Beats searching through 6 or 7 pages of ESPN results looking for names,Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

Thought I'd join in guys.

Zach Johnson and Adam Scott look likely but also too short for me. I like a bit of value.

I'm making Kevin Na my main bet @ 50/1. Great course form and great current form. The price is far too big.

I'll have a smaller bet on Ryan Moore also @ 50/1. He's in decent form and should give himself plenty of chances from the middle of the fairway.

Ok first matched bet is Keegan Bradley @40

I like Woodland, Fowler and Moore too but not happy with their current prices or the fact that they have shortened since last night! I was trying to get matched higher and hoped they'd drift but seems like it's gone the other way, I will have to re-assess

Right I added Zach Johnson 30 win
    Chris Kirk 75 win, both on exchanges.
    Will get involved in place markets too for both.

Zach Johnson pick I think speaks for itself. Good course form and won already this year with some other decent finishes.

I like Kirk cause he has very solid record in tougher course. Plays well in the wind as seen at Sony and his favoured shot is a draw.

So Woods, Mackenzie, Johnson and Kirk the picks this week.

GL all

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Johnson and MacKenzie have been tipped by quite a few people this week I've seen elsewhere.

Sticking with 1 of my regulars over the past couple of years in Bradley, and I'll throw McDowell and MacKenzie into the mix, the latter for the first time. Colsaerts has been starting tournaments well this season I've noticed before falling back over the weekend, the guy is super talented and has the game to win on any course. I'll be happy with some E/W money though and sooner or later things will click for him.

I'd like to bet ZJ, but he's near always disappointed when I've backed him in the past. So watch him go on to win this week by 10 shots. Also really like Fowler this week too.

1) Graeme McDowell @ 22/1

2) Keegan Bradley @ 33/1

3) Will MacKenzie @ 50/1

4) Nicolas Colsaerts @ 150/1

• Registered Users Posts: 10 sean1508

HI guys first post on this forum.
    Im going for tiger woods 7/1 and hunter mahan 25s and a small bet on john huh 200/1 betfair
    good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Kin ell, everyone just shortened by about 5 ticks, how I wish i had my bets done before this news.

Might do another player by tomorrow so.

1 or 2 might still be value.

Just hope Racing Post dont pick them first:pac:.

John Senden was picked in RP last week so you can be sure whoever they pick tomorrow price will tumble little more then usual now.

• Advertisement

From a quick glance at oddschecker Betvic seem to be the only book that haven't shat all over themselves yet,Say they'll have brought them in by midnight.

edit-aannnd its gone!

Might do another player by tomorrow so.

1 or 2 might still be value.

Just hope Racing Post dont pick them first:pac:.

John Senden was picked in RP last week so you can be sure whoever they pick tomorrow price will tumble little more then usual now.

we should have 1 guess each week as to who the racing post have up,i reckon Rose will be their number 1,expect Zach and CH 3 to get a mention along with Keeegan

we should have 1 guess each week as to who the racing post have up,i reckon Rose will be their number 1,expect Zach and CH 3 to get a mention along with Keeegan

I'll go Na. Bubba, Rose and Stroud

I'll go Na. Bubba, Rose and Stroud

Deffo agree with Bubba alright, just can't back him so low but he'd be my no.1 pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

I have scott and moore at 40/1 both ew. Small bets as dont know much Bout golf

does anyone know if I do a lucky 15 across the golf comps this week will I get my usual treble the odds for 1 winner or is that just horse racing?
    Thinking of doing.
    PGA: Howell @50/1
    Sunshine: Walters @28/1
    LPGA: Stanford @25/1
    Seniors: Frost @28/1
    Anyway I'm off for a game of golf,enjoy work lads:D

CH3 got a mention,that's all,if someone could post the RP tips every week think that would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Arnold Palmer Invitational

Stenson is my main bet this week, he has only showed glimpses of form so far this season but I expect him to start playing some serious golf soon, though 25's is shorter than I would have hoped for. With the other bets I'm just going to follow a couple of the tips on here, Mackenzie in great form, I'm still unsure how he'd cope if he's in front though. Pat Perez has had a few good finishes this season and has had a few good finishes at Bay Hill too so 100/1 with Boyles is too good to pass on.

Henrik Stenson @ 25/1

Will Mackenzie @ 45/1

Pat Perez @ 100/1

YayaBanana wrote: »
    Arnold Palmer Invitational

Stenson is my main bet this week, he has only showed glimpses of form so far this season but I expect him to start playing some serious golf soon, though 25's is shorter than I would have hoped for. With the other bets I'm just going to follow a couple of the tips on here, Mackenzie in great form, I'm still unsure how he'd cope if he's in front though. Pat Perez has had a few good finishes this season and has had a few good finishes at Bay Hill too so 100/1 with Boyles is too good to pass on.

Henrik Stenson @ 25/1

Will Mackenzie @ 45/1

Pat Perez @ 100/1

Hey mate, can I ask are you on Perez EW or just win? I presume unless you're going EW you would use BF for outright bets!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Hey mate, can I ask are you on Perez EW or just win? I presume unless you're going EW you would use BF for outright bets!

On him EW. On all of them EW.

Advertisement