Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

YayaBanana wrote: »
    On him EW. On all of them EW.

Yup makes sense, nice price.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,349 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

CH3 got a mention,that's all,if someone could post the RP tips every week think that would be great.

Rp picks are

McDowell
    Woodland
    Horchel
    Howell
    S Y Noh
    R Ishikawa

On iPod so can't link the betfair page. It's the only place I know that picks them. Sure are more but I will link it later.

No problem posting up the picks but I might not be around every week to post them but if I am I chuck them up.

we should have 1 guess each week as to who the racing post have up,i reckon Rose will be their number 1,expect Zach and CH 3 to get a mention along with Keeegan

You beat me 1-0. Ha

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Kirk Van Houten

Have gone with Zach Johnson, Hunter Mahan, Ryan Moore and KJ Choi.

Also have started my Masters betting with Johnson 33/1, Mahan 40/1 and Choi 80/1 all backed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

does anyone know if I do a lucky 15 across the golf comps this week will I get my usual treble the odds for 1 winner or is that just horse racing?
    Thinking of doing.
    PGA: Howell @50/1
    Sunshine: Walters @28/1
    LPGA: Stanford @25/1
    Seniors: Frost @28/1
    Anyway I'm off for a game of golf,enjoy work lads:D

Wont you soon be hitting shop limits if you get that in.

Would be nice though

Good luck :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

abarkie wrote: »
    Wont you soon be hitting shop limits if you get that in.

Would be nice though

Good luck :)

well didn't do anything too crazy in the end,just cross doubles,i do fancy Frost strongly for the senior event @28/1,did singles also.

I cant link in the page for RP tips but here is how you go about it

www.betfair.com > Fourm > Golf > s palmer picks

the layout is poor but you can see time and date of picks. I be happy to throw them up anyway, but this is one option if not about

4 American thoroughbreds for me this week....

Bradley@40
    Mahan@30
    Fowler@50
    Na@48

Good Luck Folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Scott has gone right down on paddy power to 9s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

cruais wrote: »
    Scott has gone right down on paddy power to 9s

His deserves to be favourite. Could have a stand out season. I think he'll bag another Major this year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

tomaussie wrote: »
    His deserves to be favourite. Could have a stand out season. I think he'll bag another Major this year.

He is only favourite now because he started out with a birdie. Before the start of this round, his stats would certainly not show him as being a favourite for this event.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Ajc8GgQGM23DdHhnQWgyX191OFJxX1BqQUJzcFhTMGc&output=html

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

PP offering 6 places till 2pm GMT.

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    He is only favourite now because he started out with a birdie. Before the start of this round, his stats would certainly not show him as being a favourite for this event.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Ajc8GgQGM23DdHhnQWgyX191OFJxX1BqQUJzcFhTMGc&output=html
    Well I hope he keeps it up! Ive 10 on him at 14s. Also did moore but doubt he will get anywhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

cruais wrote: »
    Well I hope he keeps it up! Ive 10 on him at 14s. Also did moore but doubt he will get anywhere

Well great start for him. 4 birdies now. On Na myself @ 45

Scott -6 after 7 holes, not a bad start!

Keep it up scotty!

I'm sure the afternoon starters will be delighted to see a 62 on the leaderboard before they head out!

Buh Buh had one of those days! Tin Cup moment too to run up an eleven!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Stenson not making any kind of move today so I'm having one more bet, Chesson Hadley @ 28/1 - 4 places with William Hill. He's in great form at the minute so hopefully it continues. -7 through 16 on his 2nd round.

If Freddie were to win or place E/W, I'll riot (sob quietly in the corner).

Scott is 7 shots ahead and 1/7 in play..

At least Bradley is doing alright for me :o

• Advertisement

Its looking game set and match for Scott.

Places money at best and even there I need tiny miracle.

If he can see it through tomorrow's round going no worse than even par , then yeah, it's game over for sure... but I'm probably clutching at straws.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    If he can see it through tomorrow's round going no worse than even par , then yeah, it's game over for sure... but I'm probably clutching at straws.

If I had backed Scott I would not be as confident:pac:

Its easier when you dont have him backed to make the call.

Stranger things have happened but agree if he shoots solid round tomorrow it should be enough.

Gonna be my first week in couple of months where I have no player in with a shout of anything going into last day.

Thats the way.

Least I can just sit back and enjoy the Golf now:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

Gonna be my first week in couple of months where I have no player in with a shout of anything going into last day.

Thats the way.

Least I can just sit back and enjoy the Golf now:pac:

Everybody else is in the same boat unless they picked Scott.

tomaussie wrote: »
    Everybody else is in the same boat unless they picked Scott.

Not over yet! He has come back a bit to the field.

Even so few lads here still have players who have place chances still too.

Bit of Golf left yet.

Might throw a bet on in morning see how finishes up first.

4 American thoroughbreds for me this week....

Bradley@40
    Mahan@30
    Fowler@50
    Na@48

Good Luck Folks!

Bit of a sweat on Bradley, would have been nice to see Scott miss on the last, but I'll take 3 off the lead and in the final group.

well didn't do anything too crazy in the end,just cross doubles,i do fancy Frost strongly for the senior event @28/1,did singles also.

actually got 33/1 on Frost in boyles:eek:,anyway just my luck,2 behind going into the last round and gets DQ'd for moving a stone in the bunker,not happy:(

actually got 33/1 on Frost in boyles:eek:,anyway just my luck,2 behind going into the last round and gets DQ'd for moving a stone in the bunker,not happy:(

I be we'll annoyed if I backed him.

Just on tonight no prices really stick out for me tonight so going to leave it and just watch that and Barca game and put feet up.

• Advertisement

I be we'll annoyed if I backed him.

Just on tonight no prices really stick out for me tonight so going to leave it and just watch that and Barca game and put feet up.
    yeah me too,interested to see how Freddie Jac does tonight,have him earmarked for next weeks touney,looking at prices w/o Scott and tbh they're a joke so i'll keep cash in the phocha

Advertisement