Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

couldn't resist having a punt,Sun Young Yoo in the lpga tour @10/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Scott having a wobble, I bet those who took 1.16 have a cold sweat on!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

abarkie wrote: »
    Scott having a wobble, I bet those who took 1.16 have a cold sweat on!

You would have to be mental to back anyone in golf at that price, so much can happen in 18 holes.

Stenson might get me a place yet, his putting seems to be letting him down big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭manafana

had hope of 3 from every, jacobsen and kokrak for a place now I have the hope for a win, scott better take as many wins as he can now because his putting will go when forced to change his action.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Out to 3/1 (4.0) now

£100K+ done at 1.20 and below

• Advertisement

if Every wins I will go nuts,the amount of times I've backed him

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

if Every wins I will go nuts,the amount of times I've backed him

ditto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

A friend just sent me a screenshot of him on Every @50/1. Apparently John Duggan from TodayFM tipped him.

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    A friend just sent me a screenshot of him on Every @50/1. Apparently John Duggan from TodayFM tipped him.

yeah tipped up in a few places,either from the area or living closeby

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Bradley doing nowt, sigh.

edit - he's doing something, but it's too little too late. Another feckin' runner up place this season.

• Advertisement

positive signs that sneadekers game is starting to turn a corner he is one iv had in mind for the masters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Double whammy, had Keegan backed and swerved Every when I wasn't matched @65, hate the game!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,349 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Every looked very nervous in the end.

If it went to playoff there have only been 1 winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

YayaBanana wrote: »
    Arnold Palmer Invitational

Stenson is my main bet this week, he has only showed glimpses of form so far this season but I expect him to start playing some serious golf soon, though 25's is shorter than I would have hoped for. With the other bets I'm just going to follow a couple of the tips on here, Mackenzie in great form, I'm still unsure how he'd cope if he's in front though. Pat Perez has had a few good finishes this season and has had a few good finishes at Bay Hill too so 100/1 with Boyles is too good to pass on.

Henrik Stenson @ 25/1

Will Mackenzie @ 45/1

Pat Perez @ 100/1

Stenson got me a place. Could easily have been a few strokes better, can't see him doing anything in the Masters if his putting doesn't improve.

Perez play ok for 3 rounds until a final round 83.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

bradlente wrote: »
    So far have Knox,Henley(100s) and Castano 151.

Abery 67 in the Investec Cup.

Maggert 71 and Bryant 91 in Mississippi.

Can't separate any favourites.

Wahey,A decent winner for the first time in a while.Bring on next week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

redzerdrog wrote: »
    positive signs that sneadekers game is starting to turn a corner he is one iv had in mind for the masters

Agree but not sure if this is enough of a showing to make him a viable selection for the Masters.

Would need to see more consistency and don't think he'll have enough time to show it before the Masters. I'd want 33's or preferably better to take a chance on him for the Masters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

tomaussie wrote: »
    Agree but not sure if this is enough of a showing to make him a viable selection for the Masters.

Would need to see more consistency and don't think he'll have enough time to show it before the Masters. I'd want 33's or preferably better to take a chance on him for the Masters.

He is at 40 right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Fant11

Had 6.50 on every at 60.0. Cashed out at 1.04 before he missed putt on 18. Very happy. His putter was red hot all week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

Having a mare at selections had putnam in web dot com was 2 off lead before last night ended 8 off winning score going to wait for masters

So far Laird 67,Holmes 91 and Merrick 176 all e/w for Texas.

• Advertisement

well feck me 25/1 about Freddie Jacobson,what a joke,thought 50/1 was about right,pp paying 6 places but no thank you very much at that price.
    I'll keep money in the phocha and get involved if he's in contention.

well feck me 25/1 about Freddie Jacobson,what a joke,thought 50/1 was about right,pp paying 6 places but no thank you very much at that price.

He was 40s somewhere earlier on,best price 36 now.

Course layout and map along with just bit of info on Texas Open. Even by looking at the map its clear driving will play big part this week

http://www.valerotexasopen.com/holebyhole/

http://www.valerotexasopen.com/map/
    Having shifted yet again to a new slot in the PGA tour schedule, the Valero Texas Open becomes the penultimate event before the Masters and a chance for some of the big names to tune up their games ahead of Augusta and for others to make a last ditch bid to qualify for the year’s first major.
    For the fifth consecutive year, the tournament takes place at the Oaks Course at TPC San Antonio which is a par-72 that plays to a yardage of 7,435. Last year Martin Laird shot a stunning final round 63 to edge out an impressive looking Rory McIlroy. It’s worth noting that such a low round is very hard to come by at TPC San Antonio and in fact the next best round of the week was a 66, shot by only McIlroy and Peter Hanson.

With recent winning totals of -14, -9 and -8, the course is definitely amongst the hardest par-72s on the PGA tour, and the primary reason for this is that it’s a very tough driving course with the combination of reasonable length coupled with narrow fairways.

To this end, it’s no great surprise to see Total Driving coming up time and time again when we look at recent winners and close contenders since this tournament moved to TPC San Antonio. Both Martin Laird and runner-up Rory McIlory ranked in the top-40 on the PGA tour in Total Driving last season and one shot further back was Billy Horschel who ranked 7th in this attribute. The venue is also known for being wind-exposed, so it’s worth keeping in mind those who can handle such conditions.

I was thinking of doing Aarron Baddeley,then I check out total driving and he's ranked 142.
    I think it's also worth noting that some real long and slightly wild hitters have done well here before as they are forced on some holes to ditch the driver adding accuracy to their game with a 3 or 5 wood.
    I really fancied Graeme de laet might have played this week,think it would suit him big time,Jimmy Walker is one of the best with a 3 wood so he will be there again I think.
    Looking at the prices though it's very bunched looking and not very appealing tbh

i am thinking of knocking the golf betting on head at the minute I am just not getting the time to put in the research and not only that i am not even getting the chance to watch it

I was thinking of doing Aarron Baddeley,then I check out total driving and he's ranked 142.
    I think it's also worth noting that some real long and slightly wild hitters have done well here before as they are forced on some holes to ditch the driver adding accuracy to their game with a 3 or 5 wood.
    I really fancied Graeme de laet might have played this week,think it would suit him big time,Jimmy Walker is one of the best with a 3 wood so he will be there again I think.
    Looking at the prices though it's very bunched looking and not very appealing tbh

Ya good points.

Never be put of by stats just have them as useful tool

just cause your wild off tee does not mean missed cut, but it means adjusting your game. Then it boils down to is his prices adjusted accordingly.

redzerdrog wrote: »
    i am thinking of knocking the golf betting on head at the minute I am just not getting the time to put in the research and not only that i am not even getting the chance to watch it

I will more then likely do the same after the Masters and then go back for the Players month later.

Its hard to keep it up 10-11 months in the year anyway.

A break can do world of good too though.

I will more then likely do the same after the Masters and then go back for the Players month later.

Its hard to keep it up 10-11 months in the year anyway.

A break can do world of good too though.

I have spent an hour this evening researching this weeks tournament and can honestly say it is the most research I have done in about 6 weeks, have a few in mind for this week then might just do the masters and take a break till end of May when college is finished.

Don't do it lads...

:o

• Advertisement

Just looking back at who I backed last year in this and one of them was none other than Freddie Jacobson @25/1

Advertisement