Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Should've backed Na earlier @50s into 40s now.Might go for him in-play instead if he doesn't fly off the mark,hope he won't now anyway.

Ok a few more crazy ones to finish up Valero for now.

J.J Henry 351
    Mike Miller 1st round leader 401.His first start on the tour.I like throwing money away it seems..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

This weeks aftertiming, ill informed, poorly written golf 'tips' ;)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=89614736&postcount=265

• Registered Users Posts: 34,349 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Im not big price wise on the top 8-10 players.

Bit skinny for my liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Im not big price wise on the top 8-10 players.

Bit skinny for my liking.

It is a strange week I think the market as a whole is a bit skinny this week there is nobody that I feel is really overpriced and quite a few I think are underpriced.

One I had interest in was John Huh but happy enough to leave him out at the prices

I had Horschel as a 33/1 shot so happy to take 40s and 6 places although the 50s on offer with bet365 would be better but I cant get on with them

33s on Hoffman is the min I would go as I had him about a 40s shot but many books have him at 25s-28s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭manafana

well feck me 25/1 about Freddie Jacobson,what a joke,thought 50/1 was about right,pp paying 6 places but no thank you very much at that price.
    I'll keep money in the phocha and get involved if he's in contention.

he was 110/1 last week so yeah 30s or less is horrible considering this weeks field is still very strong

redzerdrog wrote: »
    It is a strange week I think the market as a whole is a bit skinny this week there is nobody that I feel is really overpriced and quite a few I think are underpriced.

One I had interest in was John Huh but happy enough to leave him out at the prices

I had Horschel as a 33/1 shot so happy to take 40s and 6 places although the 50s on offer with bet365 would be better but I cant get on with them

33s on Hoffman is the min I would go as I had him about a 40s shot but many books have him at 25s-28s

Im looking at a few in the triple figure odds that appeal although most check few things first.

Billy Horschel is on my breakdown list too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Valero Texas Open

I'm not liking the look of this event, one of the toughest courses all year and as said above the prices are looking very slim, Jacobsen too short for me, whenever I've backed him in the past he has done nothing so I've said I'd stay away from him.

I'm going with Ishikawa, hasn't played here before but he is finally this season starting to show what he can do, in his last 9 events he has finished 8,25,19,7 and 25. plus 3 missed cuts. But he is a solid putter and is ranked number 37 in GIR. 66/1 is a decent price.

Also going for one of the shorter price players, Ryan Palmer is ranked highly in putting and GIR and he has been having a good year and has had a coupe ok finishes at this event, 25 is slimmer than I'd like but I think he'll be up there come Sunday.

Ryo Ishikawa @ 66/1 e/w

Ryan Palmer @ 25/1 win only

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

Not a great amount of interest this week but making a selection was fairly easy.

RYAN PALMER has respectable course form and has also been in good form this year. Not much value at 28/1 but I don't want to over complicate it this week.

Right going bit mad with 6 players this week but 2 in triple figure odds

Jimmy Walker 24's win only
    Brenden Steele 38 win and place
    Will Mackenzie 55 win and place
    Kevin Na 50 win and place
    Geoff Ogilvy 260 win and top 10 14/1(Boyles)
    Billy Hurley 320 win and Top 10 (Ladbrokes)

I was complaining about short prices and then I back Jimmy Walker. Still hard to ignore that he has 2 victories under his belt and he has top 10 here few years ago.

Steele is the horses for courses player having won here in 2011 and 4th year later. His form this year is also pretty solid with 10-6 to his name as well as solid 20th last week. Course really suits his game to a tee.

Kevin Na. Lot of people tipped last few weeks and I am going to join a club on a player who I think has a win in him before the summer.(I just hope if he is in final group on Sunday that he finishes before I have work Monday morning, slowwww:pac:)

Geoff Ogilvy. Maybe my craziest and potentially stupid tip of the year, but i cant ignore his price on former US Open Champ Most of his wins have come when scoring has been high, but he has a T6 or better in all 4 majors cannot be discounted even if they were few years ago. Willing to give him a shot.

Billy Hurley. Another first in that he has been tipped elsewhere so going tag along. A guy kept on notebook while back his best form comes in tougher conditions and came 5th in PGA National this year along with Top 5 at Congressional last year. His only form here is 32nd place.

GL All

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Gone back to regulars over the past couple of years. This weeks runner up will be from..

1) Jordan Spieth @ 20/1
    2) Fredrik Jacobsen @ 33/1
    3) Billy Horschel @ 45/1
    4) Ryo Ishikawa @ 66/1

All E/W but for Spieth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

nothing stands out.....I might just leave it this week:(........some chance:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭manafana

My Valero Texas Open Picks

stand out for this week has to be;

Daniel Summerhays 100/1 various – Lost a play off in the farmers last season so being close to victory in past 12 months. Impressive top 20s in both Pebble Beach and the Honda Classic, A 7th here last year gives him great hope for a man who has a game made to win here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Yep , as said above nothing too inspiring this week, but I'm a sucker and must get involved!

Hadley@55

Na@48

ZJ@21 (waiting to be matched)

Furyk@30 (same as above)

Good luck

Any idea who the Racing Post has gone for or is it out yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

tomaussie wrote: »
    Not a great amount of interest this week but making a selection was fairly easy.

RYAN PALMER has respectable course form and has also been in good form this year. Not much value at 28/1 but I don't want to over complicate it this week.

I've also backed NA again in the hope he clicks and added STEELE to the slip too.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Kirk Van Houten

This week I shall mainly be cursing Billy Horschel @40/1 and Cameron Tringale @66/1.

bradlente wrote: »
    Any idea who the Racing Post has gone for or is it out yet?

sorry for late reply.

RP picks are:

Texas Open

Jimmy Walker
    Ryan Palmer
    Kevin Chappell
    Fredrik Jacobson
    S Y Noh

Eurasia Cup
    Europe
    Top Asian Jaidee
    Top European Mcdowell

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

gone for hoffman e/w at 28/1 and a bit on top 20 finish at 6/5.

Walker @20/1 win
    Baddeley e/w @66/1
    Tringale e/w @66/1

• Advertisement

Yep , as said above nothing too inspiring this week, but I'm a sucker and must get involved!

Hadley@55

Na@48

ZJ@21 (waiting to be matched)

Furyk@30 (same as above)

Good luck

Just waiting on Jimmy Furyk now, will prob take the 29 on BF before it goes back the other way.

Backed Aphibarnrat most points and a draw in the Eurasia Cup.

Few people seem to be suggesting you get your Master picks done soon enough in the chance that Woods pulls out and prices drop and drop more cause of panic. Think I will follow and do few before weekend. Least my main ones anyway.

Few people seem to be suggesting you get your Master picks done soon enough in the chance that Woods pulls out and prices drop and drop more cause of panic. Think I will follow and do few before weekend. Least my main ones anyway.

I backed English EW on PP for the masters and didn't notice they only had it at top 5 paying not 6. I thought that was bullchit! But it's a good point you're making, might do a few more on BF.

I backed English EW on PP for the masters and didn't notice they only had it at top 5 paying not 6. I thought that was bullchit! But it's a good point you're making, might do a few more on BF.

Thats a good point that totally forgot about the places.

Im sure they will have 6 for it. Nearly 100%. Say some major bookie might push 7 places.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭applehunter

Billy Horschell @ 40s for Texas Open.

Should really suit his game.

Length not as big an advantage as usual. Along the same lines Justin Leonard should go well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Jonas Blixt for the US Masters at 360s on that well-know betting exchange.
    He was 4th in the 2013 US PGA, and early in March 2014 he was 16th on the PGA Tour after an opening 79. He is a bit in and out but has won.

Added Carl Petterson80/1 e/w

On Na today out to 50s again for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Sir montygom

Jb Holmes at 66/1 .... Big hitter and bit of form! Nic colsarts @100/1 and Mackenzie @40/1 all e/w

Advertisement