Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

There's 400 waiting to be matched on Fowler at 95 right now, I had to enter it to see how that would pay out, a not too shabby 37k!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,349 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Its a very big price. Sadly my bets are done, but it could be nice one come Sunday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Tiger out of Masters (Couldnt imagine him doing an April fool).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭manafana

Two things to deal with first hand

Backing short priced players - Don't ignore somone based on how short price is think of what price they are. Tiger Woods 5 years ago would never be 10/1 if he was you better grab it on the right course a favourite can well be a bet however it is tighter up the top of the market, I have found a lot of my value comes in the 33/1-50/1 range.

On another note was the 6 places debate, some seem to just take 6 places over nothing for me based on maths I would take a 60/1 5 places over a 50/1 6 places.

Anyway onto the good stuff my Shell Houston Open tips:

My stand out two after last weeks stand out 100/1 place

Jason Kokrak 55/1 betvictor- In my line as 2 weeks ago backed at decent odds when placing, was decent again last week in Valspar and also had top 10 in this event last year. Has never feared the big names.

Keegan Bradley 25/1 various- Won in the past before his major win in 2012. 4th and 10th here his last two appearances along with his encouraging upturn in form provide confidence this week after 2nd last week. Putting looked decent last week prove useful here.

I'm on Bradley, Kuchar, Mahan & Pettersson so far.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

1) Keegan Bradley @ 25/1
    2) Fredrik Jacobsen @ 66/1
    3) Ryo Ishikawa @ 125/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

A fair few behind De Laet now,little bit annoyed now!

I do hope he goes well though,have him backed for next week so the momentum would do no harm.

Racing Post picks

NH Collection
    Tom Lewis
    Alejandro Canizares
    Jorge Campillo
    Eddie Pepperell
    Kevin Phelan

Houston Open
    Jordon Speith
    Dustin Johnson
    Jimmy Walker
    Kevin Chappell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Hi

I am on :

NH Collection

Oliver Fisher @ 50, Lucas Bjerregaard @ 38

Houston Open

Charley Hoffman @ 66,Keegan Bradley @ 19.5

Good luck everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 10 sean1508

if anybody is interested john duggan from today f.m gave his tip of josh teater 150/1 he had a big winner the last time he tipped a golfer as far as i know.

• Advertisement

Kew tour are you John Duggan?

I should've put up a smiley to imply the joke here!

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

Ben Crane is a huge price at 150/1

3 top 25 in the last 4 tournaments (The one he missed out on he finished 29th)

Finished 2 shots behind last year in 4th

Can't understand how the bookies have this one at 150/1?

Cjs21 wrote: »
    Ben Crane is a huge price at 150/1

3 top 25 in the last 4 tournaments (The one he missed out on he finished 29th)

Finished 2 shots behind last year in 4th

Can't understand how the bookies have this one at 150/1?

176 w/b365

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Fant11

Anyone do first round leader bets on here for bit if interest? Loupe 125/1 is my dart this week. Bradley and Kokrak outright. Gl

bradlente wrote: »
    Kew tour are you John Duggan?

I should've put up a smiley to imply the joke here!

haha no sadly I was not on John Senden few weeks ago:pac:

He does come out with a few crackers that Duggen guy. Have followed him once or twice in Golf, but also other Sports in past.

He bets wisely if his tips are anything to go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

added Stacey Lewis in the first womens major,only 15/2.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 sports_mad_lad

Have Garcia at 33/1 ew, anyone know why he's so big? I didn't have much time to analyse but he's been in decent form this season

Have Garcia at 33/1 ew, anyone know why he's so big? I didn't have much time to analyse but he's been in decent form this season

not big in a really good field,crap course form,played here once in the last 5 years,2009 when he finished 77th so no good course form.
    In saying that it's a course that in theory should suit him,fwiw I hate the little C*** and wouldn't really mind if he drowned in a bucket of his own bull****

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Backed McIlroy at 10s after his 3rd hole, hit the first three fairways and hit to 15 feet from there on the three holes. On the 8th now and he has 100% driving and 100% GIR. If he continues playing like this only the putter will stop him winning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

Dj must be injured rory looking good would like masters ante post bet stupid price now

• Advertisement

qwabercd wrote: »
    Backed McIlroy at 10s after his 3rd hole, hit the first three fairways and hit to 15 feet from there on the three holes. On the 8th now and he has 100% driving and 100% GIR. If he continues playing like this only the putter will stop him winning.
    like pretty much every week he plays but I get ur point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

wonder if anyone will be refunding dustin after his withdraw last night

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Ugh, anyone but Kuchar winning, please.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Ugh, anyone but Kuchar winning, please.

:D

Got a place from Tringale,was hoping Van Der Walt could pull through with a result too but no luck.
    Onto the big one!

4 Aussies winning this season and none of them Scott. Some odds on that.

I'm on Bradley, Kuchar, Mahan & Pettersson so far.

:mad:

:mad:

No lay on?He was 1.3 at one time.

bradlente wrote: »
    No lay on?He was 1.3 at one time.

He was 1.08 at one stage on BF!! I laid a small bit , got stakes back for my bets this week, not worth talking about though!

Svoboda in Mexico 40/1

• Advertisement

Masters Par 3 contest
    I know this is not really one to get too involved in with all the messing etc with letting kids hit shots and all that craic.
    I still think it's worth a few fivers for the interest.
    I want someone who has no kids carrying clubs for them,i'm taking out all the top players in the betting that actually think they have a chance.
    The obviously I'm looking for an exceptional wedge player,so far I've picked out Matt Mannessero @50/1,anyone else any interest?

Advertisement