Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Masters Par 3 contest
    I know this is not really one to get too involved in with all the messing etc with letting kids hit shots and all that craic.
    I still think it's worth a few fivers for the interest.
    I want someone who has no kids carrying clubs for them,i'm taking out all the top players in the betting that actually think they have a chance.
    The obviously I'm looking for an exceptional wedge player,so far I've picked out Matt Mannessero @50/1,anyone else any interest?

where have odds up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

So the research for this bet essentially requires you to try and find the loneliest golfer competing at The Masters:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

bradlente wrote: »
    So the research for this bet essentially requires you to try and find the loneliest golfer competing at The Masters:pac:

yes,lonely,no chance of winning the masters,no kids ,no friends and be very competitive.
    Price is on PP

yes,lonely,no chance of winning the masters,no kids ,no friends and be very competitive.
    Price is on PP

Any chance a couple of the first-timers will use it to get a little bit more familiar with the course rather than completely take the piss?

bradlente wrote: »
    Any chance a couple of the first-timers will use it to get a little bit more familiar with the course rather than completely take the piss?

would agree with you,i think they'd be more keen and less put off by the whodo but i's say that's probably offset by a bit of experience.
    It's hard to find full historic results,if you could it would be good to see which players actually return a score most years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭manafana

yeah it is a pity sometimes but then again I don't think the par 3 should be bet on, last year the scoreboard was so confused as they couldn't keep up with who was messing about and who wasn't with their score.

Right the big week

And I have covered a good bit with my US Masters Tips

3 Of my bets:

Hunter Mahan 50/1 Ladbrokes – Has 5 PGA Tour wins to his name. 3 of the last 5 years he has finished highly here. His game should suit here and his putter can get going like it did when in contention for two majors last season.

Ryan Moore 100/1 Paddy power – Played this twice as an amateur, making the cut both times and 13th the best of the two efforts. His three appearances since have all being very solid with just a little more needed to push for top 5.

Jimmy Walker 11/2 top 10 Betvictor- His first time here, but his game will suit here now with distance off tee, good par 5 performance and a putter that helped him break his title duck with not one but two wins this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

Think sergio could be the 1 and wasvthinking bout getting bottle vodka and havin a shot everytime tigers name is mentioned but wont be sober til weds next week id say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

jjll wrote: »
    Think sergio could be the 1 and wasvthinking bout getting bottle vodka and havin a shot everytime tigers name is mentioned but wont be sober til weds next week id say
    You should probably get in a case of vodka. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Sir montygom

I backed a few for first rd leader.... Poults 50/1 ...Garcia 25/1 ...sneds 33/1 ....langer 150/1 and Cabrera 100/1 all e/w .... Thru in Westwood at 40/1 and Immelmann 100/1....... Poults/Garcia /westy are usually good out of the blocks and tend to sh1te the course when squeeze comes Sunday evening so 1st rd leader is worth punt imo!

• Advertisement

manafana wrote: »
    Right the big week

And I have covered a good bit with my US Masters Tips

3 Of my bets:

Hunter Mahan 50/1 Ladbrokes – Has 5 PGA Tour wins to his name. 3 of the last 5 years he has finished highly here. His game should suit here and his putter can get going like it did when in contention for two majors last season.

Ryan Moore 100/1 Paddy power – Played this twice as an amateur, making the cut both times and 13th the best of the two efforts. His three appearances since have all being very solid with just a little more needed to push for top 5.

Jimmy Walker 11/2 top 10 Betvictor- His first time here, but his game will suit here now with distance off tee, good par 5 performance and a putter that helped him break his title duck with not one but two wins this season.

looks like the par 3 course for Moore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Gone with Angel Cabrera this week

Good luck all

Billy Horschel(RBC) and Tommy Fleetwod(Maybank) so far for me this week,both 80/1.Will probably back Tringale again later @100/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

Furyk 22/1 6 places is quite good. Always plays well for a few weeks after the masters

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Some past champions at very high prices this week which are tempting.

Bill Haas @ 40/1 is all I got at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

I have Boo Weekley @100 thus far

Carl Petterson added 66/1 EW (Top 6 BF)

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Some past champions at very high prices this week which are tempting.

Bill Haas @ 40/1 is all I got at the moment.

6 places with Paddys too,although they've ****all decent prices Haas is one of them.

Streelman 80s,Stroud 66 and Tringale 100/1 for RBC.Thaworn Wiratchant 175/1 in Malaysia.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,349 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I am taking a break from Golf betting till Players, bar backing Will Mackenzie each week he plays till then.

He is 50/1 with Skybet this week so threw 5ew on him 5 places.

Its been a excellent start to year with 3 winners some Top10 wins and some good places so I cant complain. February my only poor month.

Just recharge the batteries for summer months.

I be keeping eye in here so best of luck to everyone this week and hope its good one.

Doing a bit or research for this weeks event and only one of last years players that placed played the full 4 days at Augusta the week previous, I think it will be very hard for the likes of kuchar and speith to go close this week

Day has withdrawn so if ye planning on backing anyone at the top of the market do so now before the price shortens

• Advertisement

Was just about to back Mahan but he's gone in from 40 to 33/1.Gone with Gmac at 28/1.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

1) Harris English @ 35/1
    2) Bill Haas @ 40/1
    3) Kevin Streelman @ 66/1
    4) Stewart Cink @ 125/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Anyone know why Nick Faldo is in this tourney? He's my favouritist golfer in the world, ever!

Will be fun following him on Shot Tracker, miracle if he makes the cut I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Stuart Cink, Kevin Streelman, Charley Hoffman and Jordan Speith will likely be my 4 this week.

Hangover time after the masters but the show must go on.

First my look at the Malaysian Open Picks

my top pick or this week is a South African

Hennie Otto 55/1 Betfred – Showing some very good year so far this season and could turn up at an event that is asking to be won. He hits plenty fairways and greens and gives himself the chances he needs to win. 7th his only time here so has that going for him and good sign he was keen to return.

Soren Hansen 140/1 and Carlos Pigem 150/1 for Malaysia.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,763 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Kyle Stanley 150/1 e/w for RBC Heritage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

Caberra bello for me malaysia cant see any of the masters guys lasting the 4 days

• Advertisement

callaway92 wrote: »
    Kyle Stanley 150/1 e/w for RBC Heritage.
    not having a go here,i'm interested why you would back him.
    This is a bit of a horses for courses week imo,wild long players like Stanley do struggle.
    His last 3 results here MC 60 MC
    His last 8 results 54 MC MC MC MC 61 MC MC
    I'm intrigued,do you know something we don't know?
    I hope he wins and i'll be the first to say well done but I can't see it tbh.

Advertisement