Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

so far I've done Ed Molinari @40/1 in Malaysia
    in the us Seniors I'm on Steve Pate @80/1 e/w
    Womens golf Christie Kerr win only @16/1

RBC
    R Knox @80/1 e/w,first timer here but has a game that should suit here,he's a Scot also so playing in strong wind should not be alien to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

so far I've done Ed Molinari @40/1 in Malaysia
    in the us Seniors I'm on Steve Pate @80/1 e/w
    Womens golf Christie Kerr win only @16/1

Think I'm on Pate myself,usually do a few LPGA and seniors in the week at half decent prices,I don't usually put them up though because they're a bit random.Should really because I can't remember who I backed in them half the time!
    Dusty Waldorf looks the best favourite @20/1 there I think.Went for Corey Pavin too 140/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭manafana

jjll wrote: »
    Caberra bello for me malaysia cant see any of the masters guys lasting the 4 days

you would think this but case in past says otherwise rory came of a masters disappointment to go very well here before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

I have Boo Weekley @100 thus far

Carl Petterson added 66/1 EW (Top 6 BF)

I'm not seeing much value this week at all, it's a big come down after the Masters!

Still to add to Petterson & Boo I've took Henley @ 40/1 E.W (Top 6)

I think I will add Furyk or Donald, annoying thing is I was looking at both of them at 25/1 on BF and hoping for a smidge more, now they are 23 and 20 respectively.

I'm not seeing much value this week at all, it's a big come down after the Masters!

Yeah it's tightened up quite a bit since Day withdrew.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭manafana

the better event and one I have liked in past winning at nice odds on Gay and Weekley

So my RBC Heritage picks in full:

my value pick for the event this week,

Russell Knox 80/1 paddy power – Makes his debut here, but the Scot should be very at home in this sort of test. He has been god in 2014 including 2nd in the Honda were he stood out as a man to follow. If he learns quick he could be very dangerous from just off the pace by the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Hi

Gone with

R Cabrera Bello and T Jaidee - Malaysian Open

C Hoffman and C Stroud - Heritage

Good luck everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Johnny86

At the Heritage I've gone for David Hearn (125-1), mainly due to his form at the Honda and Valspar. He is 230 win on betfair but I'm using Paddys.

In Malaysia I've gone for Larrazabal (45-1) due to his 6th last year and early season win, Madsen at 80-1 for his decent recent form and David Howell (80-1) for his 6th last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭frat

Donald and McDowell
    Westwood and oosthuizen
    Doubles across these four guys

I see 52 quid has been matched on Faldo @1000 on BF , some sentiMENTALISTS out there!

• Advertisement

Still to add to Petterson & Boo I've took Henley @ 40/1 E.W (Top 6)

I think I will add Furyk or Donald, annoying thing is I was looking at both of them at 25/1 on BF and hoping for a smidge more, now they are 23 and 20 respectively.

Decided against Furyk and Donald if either win good luck to them but they're just too short IMO.

Have backed Kevin Na @ 40 and leaving it at that. Good Luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

4 under through 4 now 3 over through 15 thats my golf week finished cabera bello

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

RBC Heritage

Two small bets on two players at high odds.

Erik Compton @ 150/1

Richard H Lee @ 150/1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Vaughan Taylor
    Camillo Vegas
    Jerry Kelly
    Kevin Na

are my 4 for the RBC so you can all put a line through those 4, gl all!

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

Only done 2 golf bets this week.

E/W on Furyk outright, 5 places 1/4 odds at 20/1

E/W on Furyk 1st round Leader 5 places 1/4 odds at 28/1

Had to do something to keep interested for weekend so did zach in running 22s

Big come down after the Masters!

Na +1
    Weekley +2
    Petterson +4
    Henley +5

I'll be doing well if any of them make the cut!

Lads, feel free to update the way I have, it would be good to see how peoples picks are doing without having to keep scrolling back!

I tend not to pay much attention to the first day,if my bets are going well it's irrelevant as it's only the first day and if they're bombing it's a downer.Not really bothered finding out what's going on until I have to.Still do check in here to see how things are going though.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

bradlente wrote: »
    I tend not to pay much attention to the first day,if my bets are going well it's irrelevant as it's only the first day and if they're bombing it's a downer.Not really bothered finding out what's going on until I have to.Still do check in here to see how things are going though.

Same, unless it's a Major or I hear/read it in passing I'm not really bothered.

It only takes a few second to scroll through all the posts anyway.

• Advertisement

No bother lads, just a suggestion!

No bother lads, just a suggestion!

I'm just too lazy to go through the 8+ odd I usually have backed every week.I like reading about other peoples progress though like what you put up there earlier.It's all take take take with me:pac:

how's Kyle Stanley getting on:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Bello finished 6 over 1 over for today and zachs putter is cold in rbc

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Johnny86

Aded Schwartzel at 16-1, through 7 holes of round 2 at the Heritage.
    Other picks not doing great this week...Larrazabal even got attacked!

Yeah, that was crazy with Larrazabal! Stuff of nightmares that happening, at least he had water nearby to jump into!

bradlente wrote: »
    Think I'm on Pate myself,usually do a few LPGA and seniors in the week at half decent prices,I don't usually put them up though because they're a bit random.Should really because I can't remember who I backed in them half the time!
    Dusty Waldorf looks the best favourite @20/1 there I think.Went for Corey Pavin too 140/1.

nice first round by Pate:Dgreat round by Jiminez though

Wanna have some interest tonight so backed Every 20/1 E.W Top3 and Harman E.W at 33/1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

ugh I really hope Huh doesnt win this, I tried to have a fiver win on him yesterday at 50/1 but my connection on my phone kept on dropping and by the time I got on the laptop he was 33/1 so I didnt back him

• Advertisement

Looks like a pretty crap weekend after a good Masters,to be expected really.Got pretty good prices this week,can't do much more than that.No luck with anyone though.Still have Pate in running for a place but he's a shot down for the day and starting to fade by the looks.

Advertisement