Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Golf Tips Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

denisoc16 wrote: »
    Yes, did he win it?

No,Bubba Watson won.Thought you would have known that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

westwood has his faults alright but ya have to hand in to him yesterday, he came back well after a terrible and even putted well

redzerdrog wrote: »
    westwood has his faults alright but ya have to hand in to him yesterday, he came back well after a terrible and even putted well

my point above was you don't get into the thick of it as he did last year and a few years before without having a very good all round game.
    Westwood without doubt has short game issues but imo everything he does is magnified,he has a very good short game just not amazing like the majority of the pro's.
    I said it before you've only 4 chances to win a mojor each year,all Westwood needs is a bit of luck.
    People who say he won't win one could well be right but look at some of the relative nobodys that have a major under their belt

Btw, yes i am a big Westwood fan,coming back from 266th in the world,that must have took some hard work,imo, anyone who comes back from that has what it takes between the ears to win a major.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 786 ✭✭✭fangee

Thats an outragous statement and surely if you believe he should be 300/1 you should be laying the bollox out of the 30/1

I hate those outlandinsh remarks and they just remind me of that tool srfc from the horse racing forum!

out of interest what makes you feel he should be a 300/1 shot?
    You're getting very defensive, I didnt call you a tool whatsoever and am not sure how you even came up with that. What I said is that the type of outlandish comment is very similar to a type of post that I despise in general.

There are arguments for and against Dustin but to say he should be 300/1 is pure ****e talk and we both know that. Its nearly as bad as simonsig being a 7/1 shot :P

I'm not very defensive. I just don't liked being called a tool as your above quote clearly states.

fangee wrote: »
    I'm not very defensive. I just don't liked being called a tool as your above quote clearly states.

what do you think of your 300/1 comment now.............???

• Advertisement

the comment was stupid,don't be sooo defensive,you could just say,'ok 300 was a huge exageration'

anyway,did you lay him or what?

Like I said - can you refrain from calling me stupid. Why are you getting digs in just for the sake of getting the last word ?

As for your second suggestion - You don't need to advise me as to what to say.

Like I said - can you refrain from calling me stupid. Why are you getting digs in just for the sake of getting the last word ?

simple Q......Do you accept your lay of 300/1 was a bit high?like about 250 points high? Not a dig....just a Q.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

You were never called a tool and you were not called stupid ( at least not in this thread), comprehension skills and golf analysis are two things you may need to work on ;)

You were never called a tool and you were not called stupid ( at least not in this thread), comprehension skills and golf analysis are two things you may need to work on ;)

Nothing wrong with my comprehension skills and what do you know of my golf analysis ?

Seems like some of you guys prefer to bitch rather than talk golf.

Is there not a bitching thread for ye ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

jaysus this is a golf tipping thread not moaning about what you do or said !!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

jjll wrote: »
    jaysus this is a golf tipping thread not moaning about what you do or said !!!!!!!!!!!

Correct. And the guy who put up Fred Couples as top senior at 13/8 must be feeling confident at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭JLoftus

Correct. And the guy who put up Fred Couples as top senior at 13/8 must be feeling confident at the moment.

Very :) had another nibble last night with ladbrokes @ 4/6, fingers crossed

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,635 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Last warning to everybody - Use the report post function if you feel you need to.

I think I have figured it out you must really be srfc because that is the only way you could fathom that the above clearly states I called you a tool.

you made a ridiculous statement and was called on it and then started bitching about name calling. end of

Back to the golf:
    so what should have the best of conditions today late or early starters?

TrueDub wrote: »
    Last warning to everybody - Use the report post function if you feel you need to.

sorry only seen this please delete previous post if necessary.

Phil gone no chance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Got some good markets on paddy power, got on mcilroy to be top gb and Irish player at 9/4 (still has a chance) , tiger or mcilroy to win 3/1 (not looking bad) and I lumped on mcilroy to be top Irish golfer 1/2 (surely free money)

Good morning mouth piece Bob.

See this is not a 5 furlong sprint.

Yes I'd still be happy to lay him.

Do you feel a small bit silly now ?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Paddypower will refund bets on Tiger (I imagine it's pre-tourney only, though not 100% sure) if he is to get DQ'ed.

Good morning mouth piece.

See this is not a 5 furlong sprint.

Yes I'd still be happy to lay him.

Do you feel a small bit silly now ?

Lol calling yourself a mouth piece now:o

I won't be engaging with you any further as you appear to be incapable of having your opinion challenged without cries of name calling etc.

If you are willing to back up your idiotic statement and lay dustin at 300/1 I will gladly take you up on it, just let me know what the max stake you will take up the offer

• Advertisement

Lol calling yourself a mouth piece now:o

I won't be engaging with you any further as you appear to be incapable of having your opinion challenged without cries of name calling etc.

If you are willing to back up your idiotic statement and lay dustin at 300/1 I will gladly take you up on it, just let me know what the max stake you will take up the offer

Yeah. You're the other mouth piece who hid behind his initial comments in fear of a ban.

Wow. Letting them out of school early these days eh ?

Good call on DJ. Yeah. You're right. Amadons will always justify.
    You remind me of that tool SRFC and you're comments are stupid !

Yeah. You're the other mouth piece who hid behind his initial comments in fear of a ban.

Wow. Letting them out of school early these days eh ?

Good call on DJ. Yeah. You're right. Amadons will always justify.
    You remind me of that tool SRFC and you're comments are stupid !

Cool story bro

Just one more tip for you kid, when calling someone stupid or a fool it might help you if you can spell the word Amadan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Take it elsewhere.

Looks like Riger might be gone. Thinking of getting on Jason Day now @ 9/2

YayaBanana wrote: »
    Take it elsewhere.

Looks like Riger might be gone. Thinking of getting on Jason Day now @ 9/2

When are they going to announce a decision on Tiger ? Killing me as I've had a massive bet on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

When are they going to announce a decision on Tiger ? Killing me as I've had a massive bet on him.

PP have said they will refund bets on him if he's thrown out if thats any help to ya.

robbie1977 wrote: »
    PP have said they will refund bets on him if he's thrown out if thats any help to ya.

I seen that but no help what so ever. Am on since last November with Skybet.

I'm just gobsmacked that any decision is taking this long. They usually sort it out pronto. I'm starting to get worried now. I think he may be out.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,635 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

fangee banned for a week for uncivil behaviour. A warning to everyone: you know the standard of behaviour required here - please stick to it. If you've an issue with a post, report it, don't reply to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Woods 6/5 to be disqualified with PP

anyone that has woods backed with powers, are ye glad he is still in with the 2 shot penalty or would ye have liked your money back?

• Advertisement

Wont be backing phil again how bad he played

Advertisement