Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

DeLaet gone into Water on the Par 5 18th according to shot tracker. Now it's time to worry about the putts he's missed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

Cjs21 wrote: »
    DeLaet gone into Water on the Par 5 18th according to shot tracker. Now it's time to worry about the putts he's missed.
    Il take 3 under as long as he putts them down over next 3 days

jjll wrote: »
    Il take 3 under as long as he putts them down over next 3 days

Definitely agree. Value is still there on the SP of 22/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

backed a few today,Jb Holmes @50/1 and Rafa Cab @28/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Anyone on Ben Martin? He's on fire -3 after 2 holes today, -13 and 5 clear!

• Advertisement

He surely can't keep this up? -14 now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

No but I'm on Thompson so hopefully the pressure gets to him at some stage, apologies to anyone that may have Martin backed :p

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

He surely can't keep this up? -14 now

Very difficult to go wire to wire shooting low scores. He'll have his due round you'd like to think. Remember Adam Scott a few weeks ago shot a ridiculous score and punters on him were counting their chickens with 3 rounds to go!

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Very difficult to go wire to wire shooting low scores. He'll have his due round you'd like to think. Remember Adam Scott a few weeks ago shot a ridiculous score and punters on him were counting their chickens with 3 rounds to go!

You can kind of see him missing a few putts he wasn't missing earlier. You can still get 6/4 on him at this stage.

You can kind of see him missing a few putts he wasn't missing earlier. You can still get 6/4 on him at this stage.

stupid price I backed him in web dot com last year he shot 11 under first round but won on 16 under but there was a few shaky moments

• Advertisement

stupid price I backed him in web dot com last year he shot 11 under first round but won on 16 under but there was a few shaky moments

It is a ridiculous for any player on a Friday (Unless it's Tiger of course)

Looks like he's starting to unravel a small bit now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

ugh wrote out a longish post on DeLeat yesterday evening on my phone and only realised now that the bloody thing didn't post. :mad:

De laet is giving himself chances but not taking them at mo needs to bird the par 5s and not mess up 18 again

has had 11ft and 9ft for birds missed

De laet is giving himself chances but not taking them at mo needs to bird the par 5s and not mess up 18 again

His short game is very poor alright.

His short game is very poor alright.

He is hitting 300 yard plus drives today not many yesterday

He is hitting 300 yard plus drives today not many yesterday

He can Drive 300 yards all day but not putt a ball in the hole from a foot. Feel like ripping up my docket. I could putt the ball in with an umbrella from that distance :rolleyes:

He can Drive 300 yards all day but not putt a ball in the hole from a foot. Feel like ripping up my docket. I could putt the ball in with an umbrella from that distance :rolleyes:

WTF 1ft 6 inches misses for par

He must been peeved he went for green on 13 if he misses this for par its rip up docket

He must been peeved he went for green on 13 if he misses this for par its rip up docket

ive ripped up my docket missed another 8ft fr bird

ive ripped up my docket missed another 8ft fr bird

13 shots behind the leader now, pretty poor for a golfer with so many chances

• Advertisement

13 shots behind the leader now, pretty poor for a golfer with so many chances

yep and missed another 8ft fr bird on next should be 5 under already

Can you imagine de laet tee to green then stricker putting oh my days
    yep and missed another 8ft fr bird on next should be 5 under already

Can you imagine de laet tee to green then stricker putting oh my days

Not even Stricker, any other golfer :D

Most of what ye have written regarding his game sums up a lot of the post I had written on deleat last night. He is someone I followed closely over the past few years put mostly at high triple figure prices, he has given me plenty of runs for my money and some decent lay opportunities (which I rarely took) but as it stand I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole these days. His price is generally horrific these days at 20 - 25s in decent fields. This is a guy that has not only never won on the PGA Tour but he has never won on the Web.com tour and his only victory coming in a lowly 56 hole sunshine tour event 5 years ago.

I do think he has a win in him but id much rather be taking my chances at treble the prices that are on offer these day on him.

Not even Stricker, any other golfer :D

if he misses this on 17 he should shake hands and jump in lake beside green 5ft fr bird

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Most of what ye have written regarding his game sums up a lot of the post I had written on deleat last night. He is someone I followed closely over the past few years put mostly at high triple figure prices, he has given me plenty of runs for my money and some decent lay opportunities (which I rarely took) but as it stand I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole these days. His price is generally horrific these days at 20 - 25s in decent fields. This is a guy that has not only never won on the PGA Tour but he has never won on the Web.com tour and his only victory coming in a lowly 56 hole sunshine tour event 5 years ago.

I do think he has a win in him but id much rather be taking my chances at treble the prices that are on offer these day on him.

I'd agree completely with this, but looking at what he has done this season it looked like he could do it this week. Especially with the course they are playing.

Getting harder and harder to find a winner in the golf these days, never mind Value!

I'd agree completely with this, but looking at what he has done this season it looked like he could do it this week. Especially with the course they are playing.

Getting harder and harder to find a winner in the golf these days, never mind Value!

Tell me about it :o

Holy crap we gt a bird 5ft now for 18 crikey if you were playing him in match play you would make him putt out all the time

TBH he should won john dere missed 4ft to win it in play off think was john dere with zach and speith

Cant miss from 10 inches fr bird on shotracker

forget that fr par

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Might be feeling the pressure a bit more these days as well now he's garnered some attention.That first win might be a bit harder to find than it should be.

Advertisement