Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Fant11 wrote: »
    Thoughts on Rory lads? 8/1. 10th here last year and missed every single putt. Fave course in US probably. Field is weak enough.

In theory the course is absolutely perfect for Rory's game and he has a good record here so I certainly wouldn't put you off backing him, I think 8/1 is a fair enough price although I wont be backing him myself at that price if he was a bit bigger I would defo be getting involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

Terrible price imo, very expensive to follow last season and this. I've no doubt he'll be in the mix and even if he won I wouldnt be kicking myself for not backing him at that price.

expensive to follow last year maybe but I think this week 15/2 in my local is worth a score.
    Btw anyone who backed him last year would be down big time but that's backing blind,this is a course he loves,big greens that will play into his great distance control with the irons.
    Only problem will be the usual flat stick,i prefer backing him where GIR are hard to come by but I think he'll go close.

bradlente wrote: »
    Champions tour-Andrade,Bryant,Toledo,Elkington all ew

Lpga-Munoz ew and Wie single

South Georgia-Edward Loar,Mark Anderson and Joe Curran all ew

The Crowns-Hyung sung Kim ew

Biggest bets this week are Karlberg and Fowler.

that's a shed load of bets mate but I know as you said you're stakes at lowish,ever think about dutching ur bets for the week?

ever think about dutching ur bets for the week?

I don't really see why he would tbh :confused:

Far too much hassle for that many selection and I don't really see the benefits, I could be missing something here though?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

that's a shed load of bets mate but I know as you said you're stakes at lowish,ever think about dutching ur bets for the week?

Wie and Curran are both a little bit bigger than the others there as I thought they had the best value.Loar and Elkington only really have a split stake between them as well.So I might of been indirectly dutching without knowing.I never really win big that often because I do try to balance out the stakes amongst whoever I go with.I might start including a stake size with them from now on when I post,think I get a bit lazy when it comes to post time.:o

• Advertisement

redzerdrog wrote: »
    I don't really see why he would tbh :confused:

Far too much hassle for that many selection and I don't really see the benefits, I could be missing something here though?

well he gets a place or 2 he's probably still down money,gets a win at some of those prices he's probably only just in profit

I think there's too many e/w bets @ not big prices but as he said himself he's not spending big bucks so not knocking the chap

Yeah I could probably do with backing a few less.Think this week was worse than others as well because I found far less value on the main tour compared to other weeks and there were more early markets up for other competitions compared to the usual amount and I got a bit giddy after a half decent weekend.I'll probably rein it in next week when it goes horribly wrong:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

Anyone who is backing Rory outright. Betvictor seem to have made a small mistake on the price.

Outright Rory is 7/1

If you back him with the "Missed cut money-back insurance" He's 15/2

Only half a point I know but in the case where Rory doesn't make the cut then you get money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭manafana

redzerdrog wrote: »
    certainly not a 125/1 shot, nice price, out of interest when you get him at that?

I am on him myself but only just did my bets so took 80s, i did miss the 100s that I saw unfortunetly

hi mate sorry only just saw your reply, generally the prices I list would have been taken in 20-30mins before I post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭manafana

my Well Fargo Championship Picks

note the change of greens to Bermuda doubt we get a massive outsider winning this time.

I will mention to here, one that is a major winner and one i truly belive could win a major

Webb Simpson 50/1 betvictor, skybet – Won in the early part of the season, and the kind of high profile player who could win here. Enough form here to suggest he can go well as one of the longer players off the tee. Looks over priced for a player I regard highly.

Gary Woodland 50/1 paddypower, betfair – More than long enough of the tee to go well here and has excellent GIR stats. A notable player who many fancy can advance himself and become a major winner a lot like previous winners here Fowler and Kim.

• Advertisement

Racing Post

wells fargo
    s-y noh,m jones,b harman,r karlsson,b martin.

championship
    a lahiri,t fleetwood,g bourdy,a hansen.

I thought Jones was injured:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Racing Post

wells fargo
    s-y noh,m jones,b harman,r karlsson,b martin.

championship
    a lahiri,t fleetwood,g bourdy,a hansen.

I thought Jones was injured:confused:

Cheers for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

Morning players in singapore having definite advantage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

Moore 40/1 and Na 66/1 for me this week.

Goin weisberger at 28s starts slowly in all tournys

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

Went for Rory Mcilory Outright and 1st round Leader

Bo Van Pelt and Robert Karlsson with Daniel Summerhays and Gary Woodland E/W

Couldn't pick between the last 4, made money the last 2 days so said I'd make my chances greater.... I hope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Furyk & Fowler E.W

Mickelson & Westwood Win

Watney & Holmes Outsiders

Good Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 23,876 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

jesus redzer

hope to god someone shoots a 65 or you
    wont sleep tonite

mailburner wrote: »
    jesus redzer

hope to god someone shoots a 65 or you
    wont sleep tonite

Don't think I will sleep either way would have been a great cash out opportunity :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,876 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

westie on the way back

backed him to win at 16s and at +3 i was expecting
    much the same as last week with two missed cuts

Weisberger gone cant believe how bad he is on a course with so many short holes

Furyk & Fowler E.W

Mickelson & Westwood Win

Watney & Holmes Outsiders

Good Luck

Good day for me, I have greened it so that either Holmes or Phil winning will be the same difference to me. I will have some profit even if neither win.

Tiny squeak on Furyk placing too, that'd be pushing it a bit I suppose.

have had very limited access to internet this week,only bet I actually posted was Rory.
    I put a fiver on Aguilar after the first round @16/1,will post it up if I can later.

Championship

Aphibarnrat 25/1
    Jbe Kruger 55/1
    Karlberg 80/1
    Rashid Khan 100/1
    SSP Chowrasia 125/1
    Dong Seop Maeng 150/1
    Jin Jeong 250/1
    all ew

Diddly squat and probably more to come.Time for a change of approach,went a bit mad this week.

As promised

Just cant get near top of board at moment

Good day for me, I have greened it so that either Holmes or Phil winning will be the same difference to me. I will have some profit even if neither win.

Tiny squeak on Furyk placing too, that'd be pushing it a bit I suppose.

Ha, funny tournament, the way it worked out I wanted Holmes to fack up the 18th and hand it to Furyk! Ah well still nice to have a winner and a place. Takes me nicely into the players.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Kirk Van Houten

Am looking to curse Roberto Castro for FRL this week. Reckon it will be a case of trying to catch a good price early.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

A nice week break, though I thought it was going to be two weeks, but no complaints as this is one of best tourneys every year and it was nice to focus on the crazy first round of NBA Playoffs entirely!

The Players Championship bets -

1) Sergio Garcia @ 25/1

Promised myself I wouldn't bet on him again in this tourney after his implosion on 17 in the final round last year, but alas here we are. Was originally thinking of picking him or Stenson.

2) Henrik Stenson @ 28/1

3) Jordan Spieth @ 33/1

4) Dustin Johnson @ 50/1

5) Jonas Blixt @ 100/1

The guy loves performing in the the Majors, and this event is as close to being a Major without it being officially called one, though I hope one day it will be known as one.

Advertisement