Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

jjll wrote: »
    Just cant get near top of board at moment

Take a break :confused:

One week break away from all things golf and I feel refreshed! Always kick into another gear when the summer comes around till the end of the Fed Ex Cup Playoffs, and it's not far away now. I was probably forcing bets at times the past couple of months admittedly after the RIDICULOUS amount of runners ups I've had so far this season too which is never smart.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

bradlente wrote: »
    Champions tour-Andrade,Bryant,Toledo,Elkington all ew

Lpga-Munoz ew and Wie single

South Georgia-Edward Loar,Mark Anderson and Joe Curran all ew

The Crowns-Hyung sung Kim ew

Biggest bets this week are Karlberg and Fowler.

Only realised Kim won today.:pac:

Toledo got a place on The Champions Tour as well,Bryant just missed out.Elkington withdrew before the event.

Taking it easier this week,that long list of losers I had on The European Tour was a bit of a downer.Not a horrible week but not in the mood to go backing half the field after it.
    Following on Blixt @126.Tempted to pull the trigger on Dustin Johnson too w/Stan James as they're doing 7 places,not sure though.Same with Reed @100/1.

Blixt @126 1.5/3
    Macdowell @81 1/3
    Laird @101 0.5/3
    Kaymer @91 0.5/3
    DJ @51 1/3
    All ew

Amazing,after saying I won't go mad this week I back 5 players in about half an hour!:o

@Bradlente

Cheers for reminding me about DJ, had my eye on him yesterday, but completely forgot about him till now. Available at 50s still.

Anyone going for De Laet?Back into reasonable numbers this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

bradlente wrote: »
    Anyone going for De Laet?Back into reasonable numbers this week.

Couldnt back him makes nothing over 5ft as loads have said good tee to green but cant putt

• Advertisement

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    A nice week break, though I thought it was going to be two weeks, but no complaints as this is one of best tourneys every year and it was nice to focus on the crazy first round of NBA Playoffs entirely!

The Players Championship bets -

1) Sergio Garcia @ 25/1

Promised myself I wouldn't bet on him again in this tourney after his implosion on 17 in the final round last year, but alas here we are. Was originally thinking of picking him or Stenson.

2) Henrik Stenson @ 28/1

3) Jordan Spieth @ 33/1

4) Dustin Johnson @ 50/1

5) Jonas Blixt @ 100/1

The guy loves performing in the the Majors, and this event is as close to being a Major without it being officially called one, though I hope one day it will be known as one.

Is stenson over his injury wasnt it thumb or wrist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

though I hope one day it will be known as one.

I wouldn't be having that at all, it would feel a bit mickey mouse to have a 5th major just added in, it's grand the way it is IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Hadn't planned on backing Dustin this week but 50s is too good to ignore

All aboard the DJ express, next stop 1.01!

I opened an account on SJ there to get a free tenner bet and they're paying 7 places too.

DJ €5 E.W @ 50/1

It must be said that the prices on SJ are generally chit to reflect paying top 7, DJ is about the only one they have best price on!

• Advertisement

Strange though,he's 50s across the board.I'm wondering could he even drift from that price?

Madeira

Matt Ford @81 2/3
    Bernd Rithammer @151 0.5/3
    both ew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

Aesthetically my favourite tournament every year.

Also had my biggest priced winner a few years ago with Tim Clark at 125/1.

Not sure where the DJ love is coming from. I've backed him quite often over the last few years and I think he could win a major this year but I don't think this course will suit him.

BEN CRANCE @ 150/1

RYAN PALMER @ 100/1

are my two selections this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

Donald this week,that's all.

Have DJ, Donald and Kuchar E.W

Token gesture bets on Bradley and Fowler only because I like them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

tomaussie wrote: »
    Aesthetically my favourite tournament every year.

Also had my biggest priced winner a few years ago with Tim Clark at 125/1.

Not sure where the DJ love is coming from. I've backed him quite often over the last few years and I think he could win a major this year but I don't think this course will suit him.

BEN CRANCE @ 150/1

RYAN PALMER @ 100/1

are my two selections this week.

I've added KEVIN NA @ 66/1 and made him my main bet. I've convinced myself, over the last 24 hours, that this is his big opportunity to shine in a big tournament. Very good course form but more importantly he's scoring well this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Kirk Van Houten

tomaussie wrote: »
    I've added KEVIN NA @ 66/1 and made him my main bet. I've convinced myself, over the last 24 hours, that this is his big opportunity to shine in a big tournament. Very good course form but more importantly he's scoring well this year.

Have gone with Na 80/1 and Crane 150/1 as well. Going with Stenson 25/1 as my main bet.

For FRL i have gone with Castro 80/1 and Crane 125/1.

After finding out stenson has not been injured and was tweaking his swing which now he is happy with im going with stenson 25s and why is donald been backed was 28s everywere now 22s in most places

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭manafana

The european tour is back on actual european soil but has no tv coverage this week.

So lets focus on my The Players Championship Picks for this week:

my two stand outs,

Jimmy Walker 60/1 bet365 – 15th here last year can be built on by a man who has come to life this season and shed his bottler tag. He has won 3 times in the season and his top 10 on debut in Augusta shows he could finally come good here. Bet365 stand alone at 60/1 far too big to ignore

Chris Stroud 125/1 bet365- Has had some impressive visits to this course and his scrambling is superb which no doubt is rewarded here along with the fact he finds plenty greens much too big a price

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Gone with Jeff maggert, Martain Laird, Jim Furyk and Matt Kuchar - a mixture of long shots and fancied runners and all with good course form.

LPGA-Camilla Lennarth @51 ew 1/3

• Advertisement

Win Donald @22/1
    E/w Stroud @125/1
    Horshel @150/1
    Streelman'80/1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

I've gone with:

Johnson @ 50s
    Dufner @ 66s
    Oosthuizen @ 80s
    Snedeker @ 80s
    Reed @ 80s

Might add one more yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

Sawgrass. If you hit your Irons well for the 4 days you'll be well up there. Fancying Westwood and Walker

I wouldn't be having that at all, it would feel a bit mickey mouse to have a 5th major just added in, it's grand the way it is IMO.

I think a fifth major will be a reality sooner rather later, tbh. Probably in the next 20 years, maybe sooner, though TPC becoming one who knows really. Tis doubtful. I'd like to see one other outside of the US if I had the choice between that or TPC.

jjll wrote: »
    After finding out stenson has not been injured and was tweaking his swing which now he is happy with im going with stenson 25s and why is donald been backed was 28s everywere now 22s in most places

pretty obvious pick around here,in saying that the bookies are a pack of pr**** and just because he's cut imo doesn't convince me a shed load of cash came in for him

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Johnny86

OK I've backed a lot at Sawgrass but pretty small stakes
    Each for a win and a top 10
    L Donald (win only 25)
    Z Johnson (win only 28)
    R Palmer (80, 7)
    J Blixt (100, 9)
    K Chappel (150, 12)
    C Stroud (125, 11)
    B Struard (250, 20)
    J Leonard (300, 25)

I think there are some amazing prices there..especially Brian Stuard. He was top 5 at the Heritage and has 3 top 6s from earlier in the season. Blixt went to college nearby or lives there now according to pgatour.com and was great at the masters.
    And Im taking a chance that there is a link between the Humana Challenge and this. Lingmerth was good at both last year so I've picked Palmer Johnson and Leonard as they were top 5 there this year.
    I think Chappel is coming into some nice form..he started 69 66 here last year and blew over the weekend.

I think a fifth major will be a reality sooner rather later, tbh. Probably in the next 20 years, maybe sooner, though TPC becoming one who knows really. Tis doubtful. I'd like to see one other outside of the US if I had the choice between that or TPC.

I hope we never get a 5th major,as it is the PGA imo is a bit ....meh,4 is plenty.

I hope we never get a 5th major,as it is the PGA imo is a bit ....meh,4 is plenty.

I like the PGA for the course rotation is a bit more varied and scoring is a tad more friendlier, not that I rather birdie fests, but I hope you get me. Some courses just aren't going to get into the US Open rotation which set in stone more or less. The trophy is ugly as sin though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Went for Stenson, Kaymer and English

Anyone have Palmers picks this week? Just curious.

• Advertisement

Mokuba wrote: »
    Went for Stenson, Kaymer and English

Anyone have Palmers picks this week? Just curious.

madeira islands
    r davies,r santos,k phelan,n henriques.

the players
    z johnson,h english,j huh,b horschel,t bjorn,j senden.

Advertisement