Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

bradlente wrote: »
    madeira islands
    r davies,r santos,k phelan,n henriques.

the players
    z johnson,h english,j huh,b horschel,t bjorn,j senden.

What is up with Palmers love of John Huh?

Three small bets for me.

Rose, Garcia and DeLaet.

Rose would be my pick for the week, even though he has a few mc's here I think he has a great chance this week especially with his for the last few weeks.

Good luck everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

Gone for 3 bets.

Westwood E/W - 35/1
    Walker E/W - 60/1

Both with 6 places

Also went for Westwood 1st round leader e/w at 33/1 with 5 places. Looks like the wind is not existent in the morning and gusty in the afternoon over there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Have a shed load of bets, I think I got carried away, ah well it's kind of a major so I needed to indulge.

Took English, ZJ(E.W) and Bubba and Furyk! Along with the rest I already posted, pics if required!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Bit late to be asking as I've already placed them but I've done 3 outright matchplays on a treble. It's their aggregate score regardless of the cut mark yeah?

Westwood looking good after day 1.

Hopefully I'll get paid out on a place for 1st round leader too even though he's tied with another 7 for 2nd at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

Got to love shotracker stenson on hole 4 had a 15ft putt which he hit 60 ft then made the return 39ft for par
    sorry my mistake 26ft

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Cjs21 wrote: »
    Westwood looking good after day 1.

Hopefully I'll get paid out on a place for 1st round leader too even though he's tied with another 7 for 2nd at the moment.

You probably will but it wont be much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Bit late to be asking as I've already placed them but I've done 3 outright matchplays on a treble. It's their aggregate score regardless of the cut mark yeah?

yes

Cant see kaymer nor henley being there sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

jjll wrote: »
    Cant see kaymer nor henley being there sunday
    ah I'd say they'll both make the cut to be fair:pac::pac:,they probably won't win though:D

• Advertisement

ah I'd say they'll both make the cut to be fair:pac::pac:,they probably won't win though:D

Might just make cut but not be up there sunday... im happy enough wit stenson start in water 17 but made 4 1 under do me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

Does anybody know what price Garcia was pre tournament ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

tomaussie wrote: »
    Does anybody know what price Garcia was pre tournament ?

35k went on him at 25/1 on BF exchange, I'd imagine he was 20-25/1 across the books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

35k went on him at 25/1 on BF exchange, I'd imagine he was 20-25/1 across the books.

Can't stand the guy and have never backed him but he was high on my radar coming into this tournament. I couldn't bring myself to back him.

Think I'll have a stakes saver at the 10/1 now available.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Garcia closed at 22/1 generally.

Have Mickelson, furyk, kaymer, laird and snedeker all done e/w. Garcia to beat rose, walker to beat Fowler and McDowell to beat schwartzel 50 treble. Should get a sweat out of that if Jimmy pulls up his socks!

Any guesses on winning score i reckon 12 under would get job done wind will get up at some stage

I'd be thinking 16 to 18 under.

On Bae in running at 33/1, thought it was good value

Need stenson to finish 5 or 6 under tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Surprised Kaymer's so short,a couple of big dogs can definitely stay in touching distance tonight.He still has to have his wobble too.

Tend to have gawk at the major outrights every now and then and noticed I backed Kaymer @81 ew for The Open.His prices have started to move in a good bit for both the US and The Open now,best priced @67 but down to 34 in other places.It's amazing what two good rounds of Golf can do to a market,he could still have a meltdown and end up in triple figures for those Majors:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Kirk Van Houten

For the final round i have gone big on Sneds at 40s without the top 2.

This break not doing any favours. Have a 1 2 as it stands...

Traded on Kaymer for the sake of it,would have a better result now if he somehow manages to lose it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Breaks on final days make me nervous. Easy to lose focus when you are seemingly in the clear and have time to overthink the last few holes.

Mokuba wrote: »
    Breaks on final days make me nervous. Easy to lose focus when you are seemingly in the clear and have time to overthink the last few holes.

That's it.The 1.10 lay's a no-brainer for me,not cutting much into the win and a good result if he does over think things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

My word.

Mokuba wrote: »
    My word.

:eek:

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

All I can do is laugh.

• Advertisement

Game on.

Advertisement