Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭The Parish King

Thoughts on Andy Sullivan @ 66/1 in Spain this week? To be honest I haven't really been following the European Tour particularly closely so just going on past course form (finished third in 2012 and 2011 Q school), as well as some decent recent showings (but like I said, I don't really know the standard of those fields), anyone know how his game should shape up with the course this week? Thanks fellas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Speculative nibble on John Huh E.W at 100/1

Nothing massively sticking out this week so far, I may get itchier as Thursday approaches though.

Have added Rory Sabbatini @ 66/1 E.W

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Thoughts on Andy Sullivan @ 66/1 in Spain this week? To be honest I haven't really been following the European Tour particularly closely so just going on past course form (finished third in 2012 and 2011 Q school), as well as some decent recent showings (but like I said, I don't really know the standard of those fields), anyone know how his game should shape up with the course this week? Thanks fellas

As you said two 3rds here but the standard of those field are nothing like this tournament and I feel that his price is considerably lower due to those two 3rds

He has been in decent enough form recently but 66/1 for a guy who has never won a tournament in what is a decent field wouldn't me my idea of a bet to be honest

Saying that he is a decent player and they have to get their first win somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Went for 100s yesterday and went I got to the site it had changed to 66.Left him but his form looks decent,101 would've been nice value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

Spain
    Bourdy @28/1

US
    Fred Jacobson @50/
    Ishakawa @100/1
    Curtis @300/1

e/w double with Bourdy/Jacobson aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Hi

Gone with R Palmer & J Dufner in Byron Nelson and G Bourdy & J Luiten in Spain

Good luck all

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭applehunter

Garcia is a bet to nothing EW in PP.

Schwartzel 28s & D.Johnson 25s in us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Palmer, Leishman, Senden, Oosthuizen.

Good luck all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭manafana

My Byron Nelson picks for this week

two stand out picks this week for me;

Robert Garrigus 80/1 bet365- Hits it long off the tee, and very good with his long irons too. Missed cut last week not a worry as now gets a much more suitable course.

Marc Leishman 40/1 bet365 – Likes the venue and good record in Texas by all accounts. Was all the hype last year but comes in with just as good a chance at much better odds.

enjoy this week guys

Racing Post

spanish
    g bourdy,r wattel,a saddier,c del moral,j garcia-pinto,m korhonen.

byron nelson
    j walker,r ishikawa,g delaet,h english.

• Advertisement

Huh @ 100/1
    Sabbatini @ 66/1
    English @ 40/1

All E.W

I've also took Walker @22 Win only, good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,346 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

First bets since masters going for just 1 pick. Get into groove from next week on.

Ishikawa at 66/1 2.50ew

Gl all

very bad start for my picks,added Brian Stuard '100/1 4 places,2 missed cuts here is terrible course form but to me this guy is improving and showing improved results on courses where he hasn't played well before this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

Went garcia at 5s at end of play went in again at 5/2 at end of day

jjll wrote: »
    Went garcia at 5s at end of play went in again at 5/2 at end of day

think with the early starters getting the best of the conditions that price may well go out before he tee's off,in saying that if ur happy with the price that's all that matters

think with the early starters getting the best of the conditions that price may well go out before he tee's off,in saying that if ur happy with the price that's all that matters

Went 9/4 after early starters

Went 9/4 after early starters

Garcia having a nightmare 3 over through 6 holes

backed de laet @20/1 in running,tenner on the nose,will post up docket later

backed de laet @20/1 in running,tenner on the nose,will post up docket later

I've backed Spieth @22 in running,10 on the nose too!

Cant believe segio if he turnned up in any form he would destroyed this field

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,346 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

just did few bets for in running later

Graham de Laet at 10/1 and Leishman at 11/1.

both ew 1/4 1-2-3

Cant believe segio if he turnned up in any form he would destroyed this field

For me, he has always been a player who promises so much so often but delivers so rarely :D

bradlente wrote: »
    Espana-Canizares 101 0.5/3
    Luiten 41 1.5/3

LPGA
    Anna Nordqvist 34 2.5/3

all ew

Alejandro ye fúcker,1 shot off a place.Joost places and of course my biggest shout of the week does sweet fúck all.Looking pretty bad on the PGA but hoping Pernice Jnr can nick a place on the Seniors.

Early thoughts for next / this week are:

Crowne Plaza Int - Boo Weekly & Matt Kuchar

Wentworth PGA - Canizares Alejandro & Molinari, Francesco

Not sure if playing yet but will be checking in the morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Damn. Oosthuizen had a terrible final day 74, and Leishman's 3 bogeys on the back 9 took him out of contention to win.

In profit for the tournament but when your picks were T22, T11, T11 and T3 - with two of those being favourites for the championship at points on the final day, it sucks :(.

BMW so far:
    Hansen 67 1.5/3
    Coetzee 111 0.5/3
    Pieters 301 0.5/3

all ew

Has anybody used or come across someone that's used Spreadex before?They have the best odds on the golf from what I can tell,haven't heard much about them though.

Has anybody used or come across someone that's used Spreadex before?They have the best odds on the golf from what I can tell,haven't heard much about them though.

Was just thinking that myself, was gonna set up an account maybe, dunno what to make of it though.

I'm sick, on oddschecker I was looking at Anders Hansen at 66/1 on Stan James,so I go to make the bet and he's down to 40/1 in the blink of an eye, 50/1 available everywhere else but 66/1 would have been nice, that spreadex has him at 66/1 but only top 5 for the E.W.

Was just thinking that myself, was gonna set up an account maybe, dunno what to make of it though.

I'm sick, on oddschecker I was looking at Anders Hansen at 66/1 on Stan James,so I go to make the bet and he's down to 40/1 in the blink of an eye, 50/1 available everywhere else but 66/1 would have been nice, that spreadex has him at 66/1 but only top 5 for the E.W.

Yeah that usually happens to me at least once a week,especially with Stan James and Betvic,happened last week with Andy Sullivan from 100s to 66,they're not half quick in changing their prices lately.

• Advertisement

Yeah that usually happens to me at least once a week,especially with Stan James and Betvic,happened last week with Andy Sullivan from 100s to 66,they're not half quick in changing their prices lately.

From what I hav observed over the last few weeks, once a price is gone it's gone, bookies don't tend to put prices back up, would you agree with that? I think only on BF will you see players drift, I might be full of it mind you.

Advertisement