Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

redzerdrog wrote: »
    You are some bellend to be fair!

Aftertiming ruins good forums which this used to be before annoying ***** like you started posting!

Anyway I had Matsuyama and Jaidee in an e/w double payed thousands! go me!!!

Calm down, you'll blow a gasket. You seem to be on a bad run, no need to come on here and start throwing the toys out of the pram.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

Calm down, you'll blow a gasket. You seem to be on a bad run, no need to come on here and start throwing the toys out of the pram.

Agreed completely.

Who's to say he didn't have him backed anyway?

I had Matsuyama backed last week when he blew up and backed bubba this week and he blew up, but I wouldn't post screenshots of my betslips to make the likes of you happy.

This is a forum, everyone is entitled to post, before or after the event, in all betting/sports forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Cjs21 wrote: »
    This is a forum, everyone is entitled to post, before or after the event, in all betting/sports forums.

After timing is against the forum charter, a few of you could do with reading it.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055200992

YayaBanana wrote: »
    After timing is against the forum charter, a few of you could do with reading it.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055200992

Yes but if he claims he backed him, then he's backed him.

Real life rules: Innocent until proven guilty :rolleyes:

Back on topic:

2 Bet's for the US Open

Martin Kaymer 40/1 5 places 1/4 odds

Graham DeLaet 100/1 5 places 1/4 odds

New course seems to be all about GIR and Putting hence the 2 picks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

[IMG][/img]Untitled_zpsa91d278c.png

How about that for proof? Sorry if I offended anyone.

There are a few reasons why I might back a golfer on any given week, I don't tend to do write ups with my picks mainly due to laziness to be honest but just take it for granted it was due to one or more of the following!

Good course form
    Good current form
    Good value price ( I use https://sites.google.com/site/smartgolfbets/this-week, really is a great site and oddschecker, I tend to do most of my bets on a Monday or Tuesday as the good prices tend to get hoovered up after that IMO)

In the last few months I have opened up lots of accounts to enable myself to avail of the best prices and also to do E.W bets, before that I was just using BF and doing win only, it's good that I have got a lot of free bets from opening these accounts too, like recently I opened a Coral acct and it was bet 5 get a free 20 bet! Can't argue with that!

Sometimes I will persist with players who I think are due a win for a few weeks running even if they appear to be out of form, I will also back certain players purely because I just like them and If they win I wanna be on them! You also have some bombers courses and then you have the more strategic courses, I will try and find some info about courses too but I must confess it's not overly important to me.

I'm sure it's not a ground breaking strategy and all very obvious but maybe some people are being rubbed up the wrong way by not having any write ups with picks, so this is what goes through my head when betting, hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Redzer must be the screenshot enforcer round these here parts! Wanted a screenshot off me even when I did post a bet pre tourney!

Is this another lie? ya wouldnt mind quoting this incident?

bad run or not I am big enough and ugly enough to now the varience in golf betting can be huge but my record speaks for itself I have no need to throw any toys out of the pram to be honest. I love seeing guys like tomassie and nuri et al getting decent wins and couldnt really care less if someone has the winner or not if they aftertime. Now the poster in question most likely didnt know any better but will do for the future so that is a good thing but hypocrites like you I can't stand!

Is this another lie? ya wouldnt mind quoting this incident?

Another lie? What lies have I been telling? I'm a liar, bellend, hypocrite, and a ***** whatever that was so far today all because I called you a screenshot enforcer, I think you may have anger issues.

You must be very forgetful too if you don't remember the incident in question, maybe you get involved in that many screenshot incidents you can't distinguish between them. It's a real doozie of a story....

Anyway I 'claimed' I had backed Jim Furyk at 40/1 in a tournament I cant remember, some people posted that they had got 33/1 and 28's and 25's maybe, so being the gent you are you checked some sites and said the highest Furyk went was 33's, your spider senses tingled, you decided I must be full of it and a complete fantasist you were duty bound to demand that screenshot and advise me that people don't like when others get better prices than them, it winds them up when people 'claim' such prices.

I had no idea how to do a screenshot, you again kindly obliged me by linking me to google,from there I managed to crack the Da Vinci code and managed to produce a screenshot, I returned to the site like a returning olympian coming home with a gold medal, I posted the screenshot, I received the adulation from the crowd, my good name that was tarnished had now being cleared, I could now carry on posting on here with my head held high, a truly magnificent day, The End.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Another lie? What lies have I been telling? I'm a liar, bellend, hypocrite, and a ***** whatever that was so far today all because I called you a screenshot enforcer, I think you may have anger issues.

You must be very forgetful too if you don't remember the incident in question, maybe you get involved in that many screenshot incidents you can't distinguish between them. It's a real doozie of a story....

Anyway I 'claimed' I had backed Jim Furyk at 40/1 in a tournament I cant remember, some people posted that they had got 33/1 and 28's and 25's maybe, so being the gent you are you checked some sites and said the highest Furyk went was 33's, your spider senses tingled, you decided I must be full of it and a complete fantasist you were duty bound to demand that screenshot and advise me that people don't like when others get better prices than them, it winds them up when people 'claim' such prices.

I had no idea how to do a screenshot, you again kindly obliged me by linking me to google,from there I managed to crack the Da Vinci code and managed to produce a screenshot, I returned to the site like a returning olympian coming home with a gold medal, I posted the screenshot, I received the adulation from the crowd, my good name that was tarnished had now being cleared, I could now carry on posting on here with my head held high, a truly magnificent day, The End.

I recall this :rolleyes:

You handled it well :D

• Advertisement

If you can link me to where I damanded a screenshot from you that would be great my memory isn't great in my old age

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Ryan Palmer @ 22/1
    Freddie Jacobsen @ 60/1
    Ben Curtis @ 150/1

I backed [EMAIL="Jim@25/1"]Jim@25/1[/EMAIL] yesterday,whan was he 40/1?post ur bet up if you like
    Hey I got him @40 on Monday on BF, I honestly don't know how to take a screenshot of the bet, you will have to trust me! Won't matter anyway he's @65 now!

Ooops

According to oddschecker the best price Furyk was on Monday was 33s :confused:

It doesn't particularly bother me as I have no involvement this week but getting the best price available is such a big part of golf betting, there is a big difference in getting someone at 40s or 25s so I can understand lads being pissed off have backed Furyk at 25s for then someone to claim they have 40s on the same guy.

Stop being so pedantic, you may not have directly asked me for it, but you harangued me into it by posting the above bs, I posted the screenshot for YOUR benefit, bob politely asked me for it and then accepted when I said I couldn't, you on the other hand had to stick your nose in, questioning my integrity is the same as asking for the screenshot you implied I was lying therefore you wanted the screenshot to prove I wasn't.

I'm done with you now, no point wasting time when it's nothing but drivel coming back from you.

Stop being so pedantic, you may not have directly asked me for it, but you harangued me into it by posting the above bs, I posted the screenshot for YOUR benefit, bob politely asked me for it and then accepted when I said I couldn't, you on the other hand had to stick your nose in, questioning my integrity is the same as asking for the screenshot you implied I was lying therefore you wanted the screenshot to prove I wasn't.

I'm done with you now, no point wasting time when it's nothing but drivel coming back from you.

So you were lying, i didn't demand a screenshot even though you had posted pre tournie!

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Ryan Palmer @ 22/1
    Freddie Jacobsen @ 60/1
    Ben Curtis @ 150/1

I'm on a similar wavelength to you this week with Palmer and Jacobsen, I have availed of the 60/1 on PP for Jacobsen paying Top 6! But I dunno about Palmer yet, he seems such an obvious pick as in he was the first player I went to check the price on, I think he might be a touch low, I'll ponder that for a while yet.

Freddie Jac 60/1 E.W

• Registered Users Posts: 27 DirtyLeeds14

Fancy Michael Hoey in the smaller European Tour event this week. He played well last week and has form winning these smaller tour events. 33/1 is not the best price though, will also do Simon Thornton in that event at 200/1. Also has won a smaller tour event before and was playing reasonably well the last couple of weeks apart from a disaster back 9 last Friday.

In the US Open I'll be on:

The Big Easy 80/1 (e/w)
    Luke Donald 28/1
    Ryan Moore 100/1 (e/w)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

Gone for Freddie myself too.

FedEx St. Jude Classic

I'm saving most of my money for next week, going to follow most of you here with Freddie Jacobson, he skipped the US Open regional qualifier to concentrate on this event hoping to break into the top 60 in the owgr so he should will hopefully be at his best. Also going with two other small bets on players who are showing some good form.

Freddie Jacobson @ 60/1 e/w
    Ben Martin @ 100/1 e/w
    Andrew Svoboda @ 150/1 e/w

I'm on a similar wavelength to you this week with Palmer and Jacobsen, I have availed of the 60/1 on PP for Jacobsen paying Top 6! But I dunno about Palmer yet, he seems such an obvious pick as in he was the first player I went to check the price on, I think he might be a touch low, I'll ponder that for a while yet.

Freddie Jac 60/1 E.W

Right, I got the woman to set up a Coral Account this week for the bet 5 get 20 free bet offer!

To activate the bet I went for Shawn Stefani 2.50 E.W @ 100/1, he had a 7th place last year in this event and some half decent current form with two Top 5's in his last 10 starts. Speculative enough bet but a decent price I think.

Now the beauty of this for me is that Coral have top price on the previously mentioned Ryan Palmer at 25/1, so in what is essentially a freeroll I had 10 E.W on him.

• Advertisement

Kuchar has withdrawn so a lot of prices have shortened already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Fed Ex St Jude Classic Ryan Palmer & Dustin Johnson

Lyoness Open Romain Wattell Roberto Santos

Good luck folks

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=90674512&postcount=298

A lot more picks than usual but the outlay hasn't increased too much, trying a different strategy as such as previously I might have left out Wattel and Palmer due to the prices, have also done some extra First round leader bets to test out a bit of theory I have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

I've added HORSEY in Europe at 40/1 to Jacobson at 50/1 in America.

Added Matt Every too.

EW double too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

YayaBanana wrote: »
    Kuchar has withdrawn so a lot of prices have shortened already.

he said last friday he wasnt playing he commited early march to tourny but puled out friday last

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭manafana

my pga tour and European tour picks this week in full

Two stands out in Europe

Gary Stal
    66/1 bet365 – Played well at Wentworth. Has good GIR and driving stats. Actually won on the challenge tour in Austria before so why not open up at the next level.

Florian Fritsch 80/1 bet365 – Given a sponsors invite as a German Speaker. Doesn’t travel much these dues despite been a former Us College golfer so could take advantage of a local event.

Two Stand outs in PGA

Harris English 28/1 paddy power – Defending champion and a quality ball striker. A little bit more from him this week would deliver so hard to leave him out of the calculations.

David Hearn 66/1 betvictor – Not far off getting his maiden tour win. Comes in with 5 cuts made and some decent form. Best finish from 3 visits here last year.

jjll wrote: »
    he said last friday he wasnt playing he commited early march to tourny but puled out friday last

Ye but then after that he said he was playing, and then pulled out again.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,344 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Small bets this week with big one next week

Harris English 28th/1 ew
    Webb Simpson 35/1ew
    Russell Henely 55/1ew
    Russell Knox 70/1ew
    Mackenzie 125/1ew

Like others have said my outlay is pretty small this week with the U.S Open in mind, I have added two more small E.W punts..

Robert Allenby @110
    Ben Martin @90

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭applehunter

Zach Johnson 34
    Bill Horschel 55
    Gonzo 260
    Oleson 90

Small stakes.

Advertisement