Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Patrick Reed might be of interest to some here. Finished in the semi finals of the US Amateur here back in 2008.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Sir montygom

Cabrera 100/1 , els 100/1 and boo 150/1 all 1st rd leader

Oost 66/1 and sneds 80/1 outright win singles

• Registered Users Posts: 34,344 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

tomaussie wrote: »
    Anybody know what the racing post tipped up ?

Simpson was main pick

h matsuyama,
    j speith,
    j blixt,
    a baddeley

the others

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭applehunter

Why the drift on Dustin Johnson?

Available @ 50s on BF now

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭breffni bogballer

bubba win,molinari,goosen and charl all EW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Patrick Reed might be of interest to some here. Finished in the semi finals of the US Amateur here back in 2008.

Yep, have been watching him but in poor form and I think may be injured or coming out of injury as has pulled out of a few tournies recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,875 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

stuck a fiver on rory

skybet offer in star

in freebets/voucher put in USOPEN

bet your fiver
    itll entitle you to a free fiver which expires tomorrow

every little helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,675 ✭✭✭Speak Now

€5 win
    Lowry 220
    Todd 130
    Baddeley 290
    Blixt 100

€10 win
    Matsuyama 44
    Simpson 46

US Open 2014:

1) Jordan Spieth @ 28/1
    2) Hideki Matsuyama @ 45/1
    3) Webb Simpson @ 66/1
    4) Jonas Blixt @ 100/1 (added Top 10 @ 11/1 with SJ too)

Will add one more in due course, thinking over a long shot Justin Leonard @ 300/1, Casey or one of the favourites (Bubba, Stenson or Sergio).

I'll go with Bubba too @ 18/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

I'm a massive Sergio fan, so I might be a little bias in this, but I really think this could be his best chance to finally get his major.

Few key stats to support this:

300 yards added to the course, 3 out of 4 par 3s over 200 yards,only 2 par 5s both of which are huge, and 4 par 4s over 500 yards means shots to the green are going to be hit from a looong way back. Sergio ranks 2nd on tour for approaches between 200-225 yards, and 6th for green in regulation from 200+ yards.

With so many approaches being from so far away its guaranteed that a lot of greens will be missed, so scrambling is going to be massively important. Sergio currently ranks 5th for scrambling

Two 3rd place finishes either side of his disappointing Masters display would suggest he is in form this season, and a 4th place finish in 2005 when this was last held in Pinehurst means he has good course experience.

Maybe I am just trying too hard to convince myself that he will finally do the business, but I genuinely believe if he is ever going to do it it could be this weekend, and 33/1 isn't a bad price I don't think.

Also have Dufner backed at 50/1 as my second choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Having a look at the weather, it looks like it's much of a muchness. Both days are likely to have rain in the afternoon (50% chance Thursday, 90% chance Friday). Thursday morning is the only time is likely to be dry (both the course and the weather). I suppose you could argue that at least they will have no rain Thursday, but it's mitigated by the fact that the course will be running harder and faster before the rain hits. It will soften up the course for the bigger hitters though.

TL;DR - IMO neither draw has much of an advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Gone for...

Mickelson 18/1 -- Prob as much sentimental as calculated as he's been close so many times butit could take his genius round here.
    Day 28/1 -- If he's fully recovered from his injury then he should have a great chance.
    Simpson 45/1 -- Local lad that knows the course well and has the experience in a tough major Sunday.
    Duffner 50/1 -- His short putting could be interpereted as suspect but is very consistent in majors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

I have.....

G-mac E.W 60/1
    Fowler E.W 100/1

Just had speculative small wins on

Bradley @85
    Palmer@230
    Oosty@100

I might actually have more bets, so many sites I'm struggling to find them all! I have a free tenner in play bet to use as well, so dunno who I'll do with that. Good Luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Rose 28/1
    Spieth 25/1
    Noh 175/1
    Holmes 125/1
    Molinari 125/1

€5 e/w all 5.

Good luck all!!

How does Bruce Critchley keep his job on Sky, he's absolutely terrible! He botches so many calls and names, it must be very embarrassing to be sat next to him while he's saying Jonathon Spieth, it's facking JORDAN!

qwabercd wrote: »
    Kuchar 30
    Kaymer 46
    Walker 60
    Todd 120
    Henley 340
    Langley 690

Have added Woodland @ 190.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

qwabercd wrote: »
    Have added Woodland @ 190.

Early days but you're looking good there.

Mickelson and Simpson with ok rounds for me so far. Need Duffner and Day to just consolidate their position now and hopefully stick around for the weekend!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

Even though I have Kaymer backed at 40/1 I really hope Rory comes into it today. Would be amazing to see him Win a Major the week before the Irish Open!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,675 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Cjs21 wrote: »
    Even though I have Kaymer backed at 40/1 I really hope Rory comes into it today. Would be amazing to see him Win a Major the week before the Irish Open!

Dont forget G Mac!

I normally never say such a thing, but I can't see Kaymer choking this away from here. He might have a couple of in and around level par rounds at worst.

• Advertisement

I normally never say such a thing, but I can't see Kaymer choking this away from here. He might have a couple of in and around level par rounds at worst.

Yep it's game over I'm afraid, I followed Kaymers group on the red button today, It was unreal to look at, superb short game, I'm pretty sick I didn't back him tbh, in hindsight he looks such an obvious pick, sigh!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,344 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

It will require the pack behind to shoot a low score then Kaymer coming back and for me its looking great for Kaymer backers.

Cant argue, he been a joy to watch so far, gambling aside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭hawaii501

The 2 majors I don't back Kaymer he is now looking like winning(can't see him throwing it away at all).
    Kaymer be hoping I never back him again :)

Yep it's game over I'm afraid, I followed Kaymers group on the red button today, It was unreal to look at, superb short game, I'm pretty sick I didn't back him tbh, in hindsight he looks such an obvious pick, sigh!

I honestly had him in mind for the Open Championship as he's played some excellent stuff there in the past without winning it. Assuming he doesn't implode, he'll be 20/1 at best for the Open after Sunday.

After checking there, he's best priced 25/1 with Betvictor and Betfair. Generally 20/1 and as low as 18/1 for the Open.

After checking there, he's best priced 25/1 with Betvictor and Betfair. Generally 20/1 and as low as 18/1 for the Open.

20/1 with Betfair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

It will require the pack behind to shoot a low score then Kaymer coming back and for me its looking great for Kaymer backers.

Cant argue, he been a joy to watch so far, gambling aside.

Even if kaymer shoots 2 level pars then he wins it. Hes done the hard job now can he see it through

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭hawaii501

No way he'll implode. Class act, it's all about place money for the rest

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭GraphicGaming

Matsuyama Hidike 66/1

Memorial Tournament

10 Each Way

Bet Returns 845

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭GraphicGaming

Matsuyama Hidike 40/1

US Open

5 Each Way