Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭GraphicGaming

B Weisberg 200/1

US Open

20 Each Way

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

qwabercd wrote: »
    20/1 with Betfair.

That fell quick..

Probably close @ 18/1 in a few weeks time.

Received a free 20 quid in play bet for golf events only from Paddypower. Thrown it on Stenson @ 20/1. Probably should have saved it for another week, oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Missing Links

It's Kaymer's to win or lose...sort of Kaymer v Kaymer!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

It's Kaymer's to win or lose...sort of Kaymer v Kaymer!

I don't think it will be to simple for him though, if he still has a 6 shot lead with 18 to play that's different, but a lot can happen in 36 holes.

• Advertisement

how is Matsuyama Hidike doing ? is there a chance of my each way bet coming in on him ?

how is Matsuyama Hidike doing ? is there a chance of my each way bet coming in on him ?

Started the day at even par but is +3 through 3 holes today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Has anyone here seen the netflix film 'The Short Game' it's obv golf related! Follows around some 7 and 8 year old golfers in the lead up to the world Champs at Pinehurst, I must say I enjoyed it alot, will be looking to back some of them in a few years!

As for todays golf, I'm liking how treacherous the course is playing, gives me a tiny hope that it might trip Kaymer up a bit.

Imploded.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Imploded.

bad i take it so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

Happy to be on kaymer at 40/1, at this stage it should be guaranteed a place, still not counting money like most for the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,344 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Cjs21 wrote: »
    Happy to be on kaymer at 40/1, at this stage it should be guaranteed a place, still not counting money like most for the win.

I would be exact same, but from guy who is not on him it looks over, but not done and dusted.

If I was to bet now I would say Kaymer by 3.

I would be exact same, but from guy who is not on him it looks over, but not done and dusted.

If I was to bet now I would say Kaymer by 3.

I think that -5 will win it, if not bring it to a playoff. Not much danger behind him either really.

Small bet on Fowler @ 10/1. Still have Spieth and Koepka battling for a place too. Hard to look past Kaymer but things can change quickly in this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,875 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

still hope for me with day top 5+10 and same for rose
    just happy to be in with a shout to get anything back

what an anticlimax though

An absolute masterclass from Kaymer. Well done to those who backed him.

Even I would win from Kaymer position now.:pac:

Well done to the German backers.

Walk in the park.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Delighted with that. Haven't done as much golf betting in recent times but might stick at it for the summer for the craic. Made serious inroads in the irishtimes fantasy golf aswell. Any of you guys have a team in that?

qwabercd wrote: »
    Delighted with that. Haven't done as much golf betting in recent times but might stick at it for the summer for the craic. Made serious inroads in the irishtimes fantasy golf aswell. Any of you guys have a team in that?

I used to play a few years ago in various ones.

I won Taylor Made Golf bag from Todays Golfer mag fantasy league years ago for coming 2nd in one of the monthly prizes.

good old days when I had more spare time.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭qwabercd

I used to play a few years ago in various ones.

I won Taylor Made Golf bag from Todays Golfer mag fantasy league years ago for coming 2nd in one of the monthly prizes.

good old days when I had more spare time.:pac:

Yeah I won a weekly prize in the irishtimes a good few years back. Did the pgatour and europenatour versions once but didn't stick with them.

• Advertisement

Came out of the tourney in a little bit of profit, cant complain.

Superb display from Kaymer, he put on a clinic tbf, well done backers.!

I'll figure out this multi quote option soon, was meant to quote my bets!

Had Fowler E.W 100/1 and DJ caught a piece of a place at 40/1, shame he had 3 bogeys on the spin form 15.

YayaBanana wrote: »
    Really not feeling confident this week, nobody is really standing out for me and the US Open throwing up the odd surprise winner isn't making me any more confident. I have a feeling that we might get a first time major winner this weekend.

Spieth @ 25/1
    DeLaet @ 80/1
    Lowry @ 100/1
    Koepka @ 200/1

All e/w.

Got a small bit back with Koepka getting a share of a place. Well done to Kaymer backers, the man put on a masterclass this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

I'll figure out this multi quote option soon, was meant to quote my bets!

Had Fowler E.W 100/1 and DJ caught a piece of a place at 40/1, shame he had 3 bogeys on the spin form 15.

Those 3 bogeys in last 4 holes was sickening.

Can't work out my returns on DJ. Anybody know what tie for 4th is paying in dead heat rules ? Bookie paying 6 places.

YayaBanana wrote: »
    Got a small bit back with Koepka getting a share of a place. Well done to Kaymer backers, the man put on a masterclass this week.

2 weeks in a row where you had 2 big priced place finishes. just bit unlucky they were shared, but still good tips.

tomaussie wrote: »
    Those 3 bogeys in last 4 holes was sickening.

Can't work out my returns on DJ. Anybody know what tie for 4th is paying in dead heat rules ? Bookie paying 6 places.

I make it that 5 players shared 3 places, so you will get paid 3/5ths of the place bet, I may be talking shyte also!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

I've a quick question for those of ye that back golf regularly, leaving aside all other markets and just outright winners for tournies, its not the most profitable of sports to be backing? This not aftertiming (i hope) but i backed 5 players 3 quid ew for total of 30 quid, Fowler, D Johnson and Day all placed, although latter two at 3/5s, considering the size of fields I would consider I had an excellent weekend, yet my winning work out roughly about 2/1 overall. I suppose i'm asking is it all about the winner and each way is more insurance??

Deco99 wrote: »
    I've a quick question for those of ye that back golf regularly, leaving aside all other markets and just outright winners for tournies, its not the most profitable of sports to be backing? This not aftertiming (i hope) but i backed 5 players 3 quid ew for total of 30 quid, Fowler, D Johnson and Day all placed, although latter two at 3/5s, considering the size of fields I would consider I had an excellent weekend, yet my winning work out roughly about 2/1 overall. I suppose i'm asking is it all about the winner and each way is more insurance??

It does take a lot of time and patience.

At the start what I'd recommend would be waiting a day or two, maybe do a bet at the weekend rather than the Thursday.

The prices and place terms are usually quite lower but you can still get very good value on the market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

Cjs21 wrote: »
    It does take a lot of time and patience.

At the stat what I'd recommend would be waiting a day maybe do a bet at the weekend rather than before the Thursday.

The prices and place terms are usually quite lower but you can still get very good value on the market.

I agree with this whole heartedly as most of my winnings this year have come from bets struck after the event has started. On two occasions I've had a 25/1 and 40/1 winner on the final day yet I strike my larger stakes pre tournament. Go figure.

• Advertisement

I don't normally bet on the European tour but seeing as it's the Irish Open, I will have a nibble.

I'll take Matthew Fitzpatrick 100/1 E.W (Top6) his first event as a pro, he looks good any time I see him, decent enough price IMO.

Thomas Pieters 150/1 E.W (Top 6) He impressed me a few weeks ago when he was in contention, he does seem fairly erratic but hopefully he'll be on his game this week.

Shane Lowry 33/1 Win only, pretty straightforward pick here.

Advertisement