Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Donnchadh

Rickie Barnes 180/1
    Brendon Todd 26/1

Rickie a good outside bet, he is a streaky player and showed some good signs last weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Greenbrier Classic:

Bill Haas & Webb Simpson

Open de France:

Anders Hansen & Robert-Jan Derksen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

A tenner ew Richard Green French Open 45 to 1,50s elsewhere but PPpaying 6 places.Main bet is €300 match bet Green v Levy.Levy is a rookie who may find it difficult to keep the ball out of the water on this course.Straight driving is a must here and he has not played very well here in the last 3 years.Green on the other hand has a very good record here and i fancy him at 10 to 11 (Boylesports) despite the fact that Levy will be on home soil. This may not work in his favour as the pressure will be greater than usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,341 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

backing 6 players this week including Stallings who started my role here 2011.

fancy few outsiders this week hence 6 selections.. all win and place, Na my only non exchange bet

Webb Simpson 38
    Kevin Na 33/1 ew
    Scott Stallings 110
    Patrick Rodgers 240
    B Molder 230
    Jhonson Wagner 360

Been keeping a eye on Rodgers and like what I see.

just few pointers for anyone interested
    The PGA tour heads to the 7,287 yard Old White TPC in White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia for the fifth edition of the Greenbrier Classic where Jonas Blixt defends.
    The first thing to note from a punting perspective is that results from the inaugural event (in 2010) can be taken with a large helping of salt. The course played incredibly easy, yielding a 59 by winner Stuart Appleby amongst many other low rounds. The course was subsequently toughened up considerably and last year’s winning total of 13-under-par is a better indicator of the type of difficulty we should expect this week.

So, as a relatively testing par-70 course, it’s interesting to note the importance of scrambling in last year’s event. Jonas Blixt is rightfully considered one of the best scramblers on the PGA tour and both Matt Jones and Steven Bowditch who finished in a tie for 2nd ranked highly in this attribute over the course of the 2013 season.

Accuracy off the tee, however, carries less importance than in many PGA tour events. None of the top-5 on last year’s leaderboard ranked inside the top-20 in Driving Accuracy over the course of the event, and Jonas Blixt ranked 60th in this attribute. This, of course, may bring some of the bigger hitters into play which the 2012 leaderboard hints at.

Course experience would appear to be another inessential attribute with each of the three winners since 2011 winning on their course & tournament debuts.

Course overview here
    http://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/the-greenbrier-classic/course.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭qwabercd

backing 6 players this week including Stallings who started my role here 2011.

fancy few outsiders this week hence 6 selections.. all win and place, Na my only non exchange bet

Webb Simpson 38
    Kevin Na 33/1 ew
    Scott Stallings 110
    Patrick Rodgers 240
    B Molder 230
    Jhonson Wagner 360

Been keeping a eye on Rodgers and like what I see.

just few pointers for anyone interested

Course overview here
    http://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/the-greenbrier-classic/course.html

Like those odds on Wagner. He went a great streak at the start of last season and completely lost it then. Seems to be finding his feet again recently.

• Advertisement

qwabercd wrote: »
    Like those odds on Wagner. He went a great streak at the start of last season and completely lost it then. Seems to be finding his feet again recently.

ya agree. He might not even make cut, but his recent form and course form here gives me hope and reckon a bit of value is about.

fancy few triple figure guys to be in top 10 anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

One player this week for me. Jimmy Walker, both 1st round Leader and Outright

Good luck everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

Cjs21 wrote: »
    One player this week for me. Jimmy Walker, both 1st round Leader and Outright

Good luck everyone!

3 putted from 3 ft but back to even birdied 18 but blixt is on fire 5 under through 9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Cameron Tringale 100/1 E.W
    Scott Stallings 125/1 E.W

That's all I have so far, not the most inspiring field this week, I'm pondering Bradley and De Jonge at the moment , dunno if I will pull the trigger though!

For the record I did back them!

Also took Patrick Reed in running...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭zimmermania

A tenner ew Richard Green French Open 45 to 1,50s elsewhere but PPpaying 6 places.Main bet is €300 match bet Green v Levy.Levy is a rookie who may find it difficult to keep the ball out of the water on this course.Straight driving is a must here and he has not played very well here in the last 3 years.Green on the other hand has a very good record here and i fancy him at 10 to 11 (Boylesports) despite the fact that Levy will be on home soil. This may not work in his favour as the pressure will be greater than usual.
    That went well,Levy the rookie -2 Green +1 :confused: needs to get his finger out to make the cut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

That went well,Levy the rookie -2 Green +1 :confused: needs to get his finger out to make the cut.

if ur throwing €300 on a bet like that I wouldn't say ur in profit much.
    match bets are tough,regardless of the reasoning,course form,current form etc if you played golf you would know that at the level these guys are playing at it will come down to the putter and who holes out the best.

i think generally when people post here they just put the golfer up and maybe a few lines why they fancy the bet.
    Coming on here like Billy big balls saying you just dropped €300 doesn't go down well,post up a screenshot of that bet why don't you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

i think Pat perez is worth a bet at 33/1.Expect him to probably throw a wabbler at some stage though.
    Hasn't played well the last few weeks but he was t6 here last year.

A very un Perez bogey free round yesterday,showed a lot of patience and he's up around 80% GIR,if he gets the putter going I think he'll have a chance.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I could swear Blixt was leading after round 1. Smh.

Still, in decent position in the US, French Open is a disaster though. Of course, Siem is contending this week though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Cameron Tringale 100/1 E.W
    Scott Stallings 125/1 E.W

That's all I have so far, not the most inspiring field this week, I'm pondering Bradley and De Jonge at the moment , dunno if I will pull the trigger though!

You've got to be sh1tting me Tringale! 3 putts from 30 feet on the last to cost me a place, well I'll get about a 1/7th of a place, still not worth a w*nk!

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Greenbrier Classic:

1) Brendon Todd @ 25/1
    2) Keegan Bradley @ 33/1

3) Jonas Blixt @ 66/1

Open de France:

1) Joost Luiten @ 30/1
    2) Simon Dyson @ 45/1
    3) Gregory Havret @ 100/1

Both placed. A bit miffed about Blixt collapse after taking the opening round lead considering he was the defending champion.

Less said about Europe the better.

Open Championship up next.

Herp, the Open is next week :o

Edit and add more later.

Scottish Open:

1) Joost Luiten @ 40/1
    2) Thomas Bjorn @ 40/1
    3) Michael Hoey @ 80/1

John Deere Classic:

1)

Scottish Open:
    Luiten 46
    Willett 70
    Cabrera Bello 80
    Siem 110
    Lynn 430

JD Classic:
    Stricker 13.5
    Senden 42
    Chappell 70

Did a write up but it didn't save properly - meh.

Just a bit about John Deere
    With just one week to go until the Open Championship, the PGA tour heads to Silvis, Illinois for the John Deere Classic where there is one final spot at Hoylake up for grabs.
    Over the last few years this has become a very happy hunting ground for two players in particular in the shape of Steve Stricker and Zach Johnson so it’s no great surprise to see them at the head of the market alongside defending champion, Jordan Spieth.

Host course TPC Deere Run is one of the easiest tracks on the PGA tour, so the name of the game here is making birdies, and lots of them. Indeed – each of the last seven winners of this event ranked inside the top-20 on tour in Birdie Average over the course of the seasons of their wins here so this is an important stat to consider.

Historically, course form is also a pretty good predictor of success here. However, both winner Jordan Spieth and playoff loser David Hearn came here without great records at TPC Deere Run twelve months ago which tempers this trend somewhat.

The course. Importance on short game this week.
    http://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/john-deere-classic/course.html

My Tips

Ben Martin 55/1 ew
    Kevin Streelman 65 and place
    Luke Guthrie 70 and place
    Patrick Rodgers 100/1 ew
    Kyle Stanley 160 and place

Dont really fancy the any of the prices at the top although Speith has to be respected.

Guthrie is a local boy and his form is encouraging.

Rodgers has replaced Mackenzie as my guy to follow now. Mackenzie form has been shoking since Mayt, but cant complain he won me few quid this season.

GL ALL

Just a bit about John Deere

The course. Importance on short game this week.
    http://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/john-deere-classic/course.html

My Tips

Ben Martin 55/1 ew
    Kevin Streelman 65 and place
    Luke Guthrie 70 and place
    Patrick Rodgers 100/1 ew
    Kyle Stanley 160 and place

Dont really fancy the any of the prices at the top although Speith has to be respected.

Guthrie is a local boy and his form is encouraging.

Rodgers has replaced Mackenzie as my guy to follow now. Mackenzie form has been shoking since Mayt, but cant complain he won me few quid this season.

GL ALL

Hate to break it to you...:D

http://www.golfdigest.com/blogs/the-loop/2014/06/you-probably-didnt-notice-kyle.html

• Advertisement

qwabercd wrote: »

haha.

Your're off the xmas card list after that:pac:

Nothing to see there:p

Done 2 lots of doubles

Shane Lowry & Branden Grace - Scottish Open

Ryan Moore & Chris Kirk - John Deere

Then

Michael Allen & Jeff Sluman - US Senior Open

Lydia Ko & I Park - Womens Open Golf - tried to back Na Yeon Choi, but the cashier in Paddy Power couldn't find her on the screen ??

Good luck all

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Hoey e/w and Bohn e/w. Saving most for next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Tempted to add Westwood @33/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

gone for one of my good old e/w yankees this week

Mickelson
    Stricker
    Langer
    Lewis

I'd be happy to even get them all placed, that'd pay about 20 times my outlay.

gone for one of my good old e/w yankees this week

Mickelson
    Stricker
    Langer
    Lewis

I'd be happy to even get them all placed, that'd pay about 20 times my outlay.

I looked at doing that but 2 from each event and end with about 140 bets from memory

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

Gone with 2 selections.

Ian Poulter 30/1 - Europe
    Ben Crane 100/1 - US

Both singles E/W and a double E/W

Decided to leave the US this week ^

Note to self next year even if zach out of form back him at john dere 8 under through 13

• Advertisement

Speith doing nothing 1 over

Advertisement