Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭clickerquicklic

I agree 100%,all those bets and not a cent on Rory,i know he's leading but I'm saying it because he's the best iron player in golf and that's what you need to win on this course more than anything.

Way too many bets,efectively backing v himself and the e/w's that he might get up have a very good chance of being split.

I've had 40 players backed last year when I was getting 8 places at Vics, doesn't matter how many you back once your getting the right odds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭hawaii501

How do you determine who to put 500 e-w on Scott and not Day for example considering you said you know nothing about golf. Yet leave out McIlroy?

hawaii501 wrote: »
    How do you determine who to put 500 e-w on Scott and not Day for example considering you said you know nothing about golf. Yet leave out McIlroy?

Mcilroy was a poor each way bet , maybe the market thinks he either wins or comes nowhere , where as Stenson Rose and Scott where better each way bets , the market thinks even if they don't win they will be close . I'm not really concerned with McIroy been left out , all my bets carry huge value , I took more on Players I was allowed more on or players that offered more Value , Stenson Rose and Scott where all amazing bets with 7 places.

My bets are very strong now , about 40% chance I have the winner , I should make about 2-3k from my bets

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

This is the Golf Tips Thread so any chance we can get back to that and not worry about how much someone puts on. Especially when there is no tip in the discussion. Rickie Fowler is currently at 20/1, any thoughts of backing him at this stage?

Deco99 wrote: »
    This is the Golf Tips Thread so any chance we can get back to that and not worry about how much someone puts on. Especially when there is no tip in the discussion. Rickie Fowler is currently at 20/1, any thoughts of backing him at this stage?

they are saying conditions will be easier this afternoon , i reckon he's a solid bet

• Advertisement

That's more than likely true to be fair regarding McIlroy. I think Fowler is a good bet, has said himself e loves links golf and has two top 5 finishes already in majors

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Got on at 25s with laddies on fowler. Four places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Anyone fancy Garcia round 2 leader at 12/1?

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

would you mind explaining your thinking in putting lol at the end.I think that deserves a ban myself.:mad:

Maybe you should get the ban for such an ott reaction. Report the post to a mod if you're that upset by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭GraphicGaming

yes that Fowler chap just put 25 each way on him there COMMON

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

I've taken Matsuyama in play now. Looks solid and I think he'll be there or thereabouts come Sunday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

5 E.W Ilonen 90/1, top 4.

He started with 3 bogeys, that's the Doughboy Effect!

skippymac6 wrote: »
    I've taken Matsuyama in play now. Looks solid and I think he'll be there or thereabouts come Sunday

i backed him a few weeks ago at 66/1 great bet i prob should have done him again today what price did u get ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

i backed him a few weeks ago at 66/1 great bet i prob should have done him again today what price did u get ?

I backed him at 55/1 before the tournament started and then at 25/1 this morning.

He looks good. Furyk and Fowler look like good plays to me as well at the minute -- both at 20/1.

skippymac6 wrote: »
    I backed him at 55/1 before the tournament started and then at 25/1 this morning.

He looks good. Furyk and Fowler look like good plays to me as well at the minute -- both at 20/1.

nice man good job yeah i have fowler myself 25 ew

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Reminder to all: report posts if you've a problem with them, don't comment on-thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

I've had 40 players backed last year when I was getting 8 places at Vics, doesn't matter how many you back once your getting the right odds

Let me get this straight, you backed 40 players in the Open last year?

So you knew that at least 32, at least, were losing bets?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,875 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

backed oost at -5 betfred 20/1

goes to -6 and still 20/1 there
    bit of value there

Mcilroy was a poor each way bet , maybe the market thinks he either wins or comes nowhere , where as Stenson Rose and Scott where better each way bets , the market thinks even if they don't win they will be close . I'm not really concerned with McIroy been left out , all my bets carry huge value , I took more on Players I was allowed more on or players that offered more Value , Stenson Rose and Scott where all amazing bets with 7 places.

was rare to see rory at 20/1
    fail to see how that was a bad ew bet considering up till recent he
    was barely a double figure price
    On the other hand I wouldnt have backed him myself given how
    many times recently he has collapsed and would still only be
    hopeful rather than confident of his chances

rose at 16/1 fav for a major was shocking value I thought
    I was going to back him expecting at least 20/1

redarmy wrote: »
    woods 11/4 to miss the cut ?? mit be worth a few bob:)
    mailburner wrote: »
    yes please

ladbrokes, way too big

Selection

7/2 - Tiger Woods

can only laugh now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,338 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

mailburner wrote: »
    can only laugh now

no shame in that bet. I think myself it was value bet, but just unlucky.

be far worse bets

Degag wrote: »
    Let me get this straight, you backed 40 players in the Open last year?

So you knew that at least 32, at least, were losing bets?

Yes I backed 40 players and I also knew 32 where losers straight away.

Think about what you do and how much your bets are influenced by the bookmaker telling you what to bet and you probably doing realise your even doing it .

If I came on here and said I just backed this in a football match
    100 on 0-0
    100 on 1-0
    100 on 0-1
    100 on 1-1
    100 on 2-0
    100 on 0-2

It would probably get a reaction in the football threads like your backing against yourself but if I said I had 600 on under 2.5 nobody would say anything , them 6 bets 5 of them are losers straight away aswell but under 2.5 doesn't look as stupid a bet even though it's the same thing (I've neglected odds been different on each outcome to make example easier)

Most people are looking for the big win in golf the 20/1 shot or bigger , I happy backing the top 20/30 /40 and getting value on every bet when I'm getting a 40% upshot on place value I would take up to 50 players if I could get money down easy and 8 places .

Rory was a bad e/w bet for extra places as I've explained the market believes he either plays great and wins or plays terrible and probably misses cut and comes no where he is not a consistent player that places so it's not of interest to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

Bit of wind tomo and with rorys high ball flight he could bring most of players back in it

jjll wrote: »
    Bit of wind tomo and with rorys high ball flight he could bring most of players back in it
    Rory's not losing it from here, over his Friday mental block so will win easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Yes I backed 40 players and I also knew 32 where losers straight away.

Think about what you do and how much your bets are influenced by the bookmaker telling you what to bet and you probably doing realise your even doing it .

If I came on here and said I just backed this in a football match
    100 on 0-0
    100 on 1-0
    100 on 0-1
    100 on 1-1
    100 on 2-0
    100 on 0-2

It would probably get a reaction in the football threads like your backing against yourself but if I said I had 600 on under 2.5 nobody would say anything , them 6 bets 5 of them are losers straight away aswell but under 2.5 doesn't look as stupid a bet even though it's the same thing (I've neglected odds been different on each outcome to make example easier)

Most people are looking for the big win in golf the 20/1 shot or bigger , I happy backing the top 20/30 /40 and getting value on every bet when I'm getting a 40% upshot on place value I would take up to 50 players if I could get money down easy and 8 places .

Rory was a bad e/w bet for extra places as I've explained the market believes he either plays great and wins or plays terrible and probably misses cut and comes no where he is not a consistent player that places so it's not of interest to me
    And this was last years Open?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

hawaii501 wrote: »
    Rory's not losing it from here, over his Friday mental block so will win easily.

I wold sooner be a layer at 4/5 than a backer, even with a 4 shot lead!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

What is goin on with gmac cant play hole 2 boheyed every day takes one step forward 2 back needs to finish like he did yesterday and hope leaders come back

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Betway still have Fowler @ 4/1 if anyone is interested, just stuck $50 on him there. Generally around as high as 2/1 elsewhere.

Lashed another $25 on Sergio @ 8/1 too.

9cebeac90a21fc83010ee50b1f71c15b.png

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Awesome timing.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 The Chocolate Thunder

Anyone looking at the without McIlroy market today? I like the look of Scott as an outside chance to finish behind Rory @ 12s myself.

Advertisement