Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free banking with PTSB?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Anyone with Ulsterbank, is the mobile phone insurance/discounts on concert tickets any good as part of their package?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭blackplum123

22 years with BOI, will DEFINATELY be moving my business to PTSB.
    People should be making moves ,if they are not happy with their bank charges. That is the only way better deals will be brought in by the banks.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭MMAGirl

Anyone with Ulsterbank, is the mobile phone insurance/discounts on concert tickets any good as part of their package?

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭robertxxx

I'm with boi since birth, and will be moving very soon due to them charging me €47, yes you can set up cheaper options with them but they caught me out first time.

Never again!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

robertxxx wrote: »
    I'm with boi since birth, and will be moving very soon due to them charging me €47, yes you can set up cheaper options with them but they caught me out first time.

Never again!

Just got hit with 37 euro worth of fees and it's enough to push me into moving. I've a large amount of savings with BOI and I'll be moving those too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭user1842

It is indeed more than minimum wage plus excludes hundreds of thousands of unemployed. It's not free by any means,just different criteria. Anybody paying 50e a quarter is just retarded. Sure you can have a free rabbo direct savings account with paypal attached to it. Essentially a current account. Amongst all the other cheaper ways to do things also, that's just one off the top of my head. I've never had bank fees, no way would I pay 72 euro.

Its €1500 a quarter not a month. Therefore even a person on job seekers allowance would qualify.

If you use a current account this is a free product in 99.99% of cases.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Where does it say that?
    Launch date: 2 April 2013.
    Product: PTSB Online Current Account.
    No postal statements. All statements online.
    Free banking if you wire at least 1,500 EUR per month into the account. No minimum balance requirement for free banking.
    Product will run concurrent with other PTSB current account products.

Although it could have been reported wrongly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭user1842

Where does it say that?

Although it could have been reported wrongly.

Did you get that from "http://www.askaboutmoney.com"?

I have been told that it will be €1500 a quarter as a monthly check would mean a IT system change.

Until its officially announced both could be right.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yeah it was just from there! I'd hope you are right for peoples sakes!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

this account will be exactly as reported. 1500e per month lodgement + the sign up for e-statements.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭robertxxx

Ptsb will offer these accounts on the 2nd April.
    I emailed them yesterday, so I'm switching then.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I've been with BOI my whole life. May well change over. I'm totally against charges on current accounts.

Is it an awful lot of hassle changing banks, with DD and SO's etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭daheff

if its 1500 lodged per month then just open a rabo direct savings account, transfer 500 from PTSB to rabo & back again 3 times and you will meet the criteria before you even take account of salaries.

simples

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

22 years with BOI, will DEFINATELY be moving my business to PTSB.
    People should be making moves ,if they are not happy with their bank charges. That is the only way better deals will be brought in by the banks.

I'm 19 years with BOI and I WILL be moving to PTSB.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Probably a stupid question but... I've been with BOI all my life and considering the switch to PTSB. Will my chances of getting a mortgage be exactly the same with PTSB or would BOI be more generous as I've been with them so long?

I understand the credit rating would be used both banks but just wondering would they more forgiving to long time customers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Both myself and my wife had our accounts with BOI and they were the first to turn us down for a mortgage a couple of years ago. We took our business elsewhere shortly afterwards.

HOEWEVER, if I was planning to get one soon, I wouldn't change /anything/ in my financial setup. Apply first and see what they offer. There's only 3 banks lending now, you can't afford to tick one of them off, and the savings made my moving could be far outweighed by a mortgage, no matter how crap their attitude and service. You can always move afterwards.

Advertisement