Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spar in O'Leary's Lissarda

Options
  • 06-03-2013 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Ok just a quick rant here. I use this shop quite a bit and can't get over how inept the staff are. Sometimes there can be a queue a mile long at the tills and one person working on the tills and another few staff plodding around the place. None seem to have the where with all to step into another register and speed things up a bit.

Also if there is a queue and the person at the till knows the customer she then takes it upon herself to have a longwinded conversation about the weather or some local gossip leaving the rest of us wait until they have finished their gossiping.

Sometimes there can be two or three then on the tills and no one in the shop and you have your choice of tills to go!

Great shop, very handy and good location but staff need a serious training session on efficient customer serving!

Rant over

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

I find this surprising tbh! I've never once had any issue with this shop; in fact I've only ever had praise for all working there.

Numerous times when I would stop for petrol, they would open new tills if a queue was building; when I was caught for time a few times and needed items I'd just ask & the staff were great and efficient!

I've no affiliation what-so-ever with this store, but these have been my experiences :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

kerry4sam wrote: »
    I find this surprising tbh! I've never once had any issue with this shop; in fact I've only ever had praise for all working there.

Numerous times when I would stop for petrol, they would open new tills if a queue was building; when I was caught for time a few times and needed items I'd just ask & the staff were great and efficient!

I've no affiliation what-so-ever with this store, but these have been my experiences :)

This ^^^^

I'd stop there every week on my way to Macroom. I've always found the staff to be quick to deal with queues. Although there is one girl who is fond of the sound of her own voice, and likes to have long-winded conversations with locals, needlessly holding up the queue. But that's just me nit-picking.

All in all, it's a great place to stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭corked

I often stop there and agree that a queue can form but usually they ring a buzzer and another assistant takes over another checkout. Never felt it takes too long.

If anything I think that the deli counter staff could be friendlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I don't stop in that shop often but I must say when I do I find the staff helpful and fast. I also find that they have a good range of items in stock.

I normally stop in the early morning or late evening so it may be different at other times but all good in my experiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

I'm sure there was a thread started on this very same subject before....in my opinion the service here is hit and miss...sometimes it's quick and efficient and then other times you could be stuck in the shop for 10 mins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭chester3455

I often stop there with my buddys when we go cycling.one time they asked me did i have any petrol when they saw me roll up on the bike and clad in full lycra

• Registered Users Posts: 12,485 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I often stop there with my buddys when we go cycling.one time they asked me did i have any petrol when they saw me roll up on the bike and clad in full lycra

suppose you could have the bicycle in a car and you are dressed ready when you get to your destination? Or a cunning ploy to rob petrol without being suspected....

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Sunhill

I have found the staff so rude and the service so poor that I now make sure not to exit Cork city without having sufficiently provided myself with petrol, food and newspers, even at the cost of a small detour at Bishopstpwn roundabout. Rumour that Kelleher's forecourt near Macroom are looking for permission for a shop. Can't happen too soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

To be honest, I've been in there a few times and never experienced anything but politeness. Maybe I was lucky..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 66 ✭✭corklad12

I find that you experience this in almost every shop in the country to be honest. One day you can meet the friendliest staff in the world and another day you can meet rude staff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭.red.

corklad12 wrote: »
    I find that you experience this in almost every shop in the country to be honest. One day you can meet the friendliest staff in the world and another day you can meet rude staff.

Centra in crossbarry is like it everyday. Slowest shop around by a country mile.
    Spar in lissarda isnt the quickest but ive always found the staff friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 JamesH123

I'm a local and use the shop several times a week I find 95% of the staff very freindly the shop is very well stocked and you checkout very fast I've lived in Lissarda for 11 years

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

I was in here again not too long ago and still no complaints. Was acknowleged on entering the shop, with a smile. Only in a queue for circa 40seconds to 1min before being served. Lovely chap at the til.

When turning to leave I said 'Enjoy your Evening' and he said 'Thank You. Hope you Enjoy yours too!'. Normally when I say that to people they are flummoxed and seem un-accustomed to hearing it , but he didn't hesistate in replying with a kind word :)

Nope, have yet to have any negative experience in here!

I've an appointment this coming week in Cork City so will pop in here again on the journey. Not expecting any differences though, but shall see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

No problem with the shop, but the roadway outside tends to be a bit slippy in the rain...oil drips probably being washed down combined with people braking to let others get out or get in can catch you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭spur

I've stopped calling in here - not because of the shop, but because of the mess with parking!

Coming from Cork side and taking that entrance, there are a few spaces there - usually with people parked crooked! Then there is the area around the pumps, but there are cars parked all round the edges of that and if the forecourt is busy, it's possible not to be able to get through.

If you do manage to get past , there seems to be cars over the other side as well and I've had occasion where cars seem to appear and both of us are trying to exit.

I haven't ever come in from Macroom side until I'm buying petrol.

I guess it's a measure of their popularity and this situation is certainly not unique to them. It is a pity though that it's so frustrating to stop there as I used to love to stop there and get a coffee or an ice-cream!

I haven't ever had an issue with the staff in the shop though.

Advertisement