Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Real Life Penalty Points:

• 06-03-2013 7:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

OK, we have penalty points for motoring offenses, should we bring in penalty point offenses for real life, and upon the accumulation of 100, you spend the rest of your life in jail. For example, Littering 1 point, burglary 10, armed robbery, 50, perjury resulting in the imprisonment, incarceration or even probably imprisonment of an innocent person, automatic 100.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Plagerising somebody else's off-topic posts in a pointless thread that you started, in order to start another pointless thread?

If it weren't so annoying I'd consider it practically zen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,462 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

So you can be a scumbag up to ninty points and then reform yourself without consequence?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

this thread would earn you 101

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Chemical Burn

kneemos wrote: »
    So you can be a scumbag up to ninty points and then reform yourself without consequence?

You'll have jail time in between for smaller penalty points, and points will vanish at a rate of 10 every five years. But if you accumulate 100 at once, you can never lose them and you can opt for life in a very harsh prison or hanging.

1 point = €500 fine, and 10 points = 1 year in prison and 50 points = 25 years etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

You'll have jail time in between for smaller penalty points, and points will vanish at a rate of 10 every five years. But if you accumulate 100 at once, you can never lose them and you can opt for life in a very harsh prison or hanging.

1 point = €500 fine, and 10 points = 1 year in prison and 50 points = 25 years etc.
    Who hands out all these magic beans points?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

OK, we have penalty points for motoring offenses, should we bring in penalty point offenses for real life, and upon the accumulation of 100, you spend the rest of your life in jail. For example, Littering 1 point, burglary 10, armed robbery, 50, perjury resulting in the imprisonment, incarceration or even probably imprisonment of an innocent person, automatic 100.

*litters 99 times and gets 99 points.
    *gets caught for the hundredth time.
    *Murders litter warden and buries the body to stay out of jail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Chemical Burn

Where To wrote: »
    Who hands out all these magic beans points?

Our impartial Gardaí and Judges

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

How many point for frape.............. Fidelma wants to know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Our impartial Gardaí and Judges
    So you're proposing sacking all the country's litter wardens? In a recession?

I was with you at the start but I'm afraid I'm out now. You're plan is craaaaaazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzyyyyyyyyyy man.

Damn fine plan,no way it couldn't work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Dwork

Great plan. Just like the Motoring points system, abuse of power is unlikly to result in almost anyone at all being let off their points.

It sounds like a great and equitable idea.

Luckily, like most of the guff proposed on here, it will remain just that, some internet lads ramblings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Whenever I read this guy's posts, I automatically imagine seeing them again within in the pages of a newspaper sometime in the future. There's a fair whack of Anders Breivik or Timothy McVeigh off it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

manual_man wrote: »
    this thread would earn you 101
    And a ban, but accumulated points from other fairly recent pointless threads by the OP should be enough to bring back the death penalty.

Whenever I read this guy's posts, I automatically imagine seeing them again within in the pages of a newspaper sometime in the future. There's a fair whack of Anders Breivik or Timothy McVeigh off it all.

Don't agree,the prison for life thing might be a bit extreme but you have to have a deterrent.Sounds a fair and equitable system otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,195 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

life in a very harsh prison or hanging.
    the death penalty is gone in this country get over it, we don't have the money to build such harsh prisons either, higher sentences for real criminals and fines for small crimes including monetry crimes will suffice

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

the death penalty is gone in this country get over it, we don't have the money to build such harsh prisons either, higher sentences for real criminals and fines for small crimes including monetry crimes will suffice

As with the driving points system it has an in built deterrent effect in that you don't want to increase your penalty points.Rather than prison for life a percentage increase in penalties for each ten points might work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Getting to the top of the queue in the shop, getting served and then starting to look for your money - 5 points.

Stopping at the top of the escalator to look around and therefore blocking everyone coming behind you - 5 points.

Taking more than 60 seconds at the cash machine or using 2 or more cards - death penalty.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement