Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fota Island Resort Hotel

Options
  • 06-03-2013 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I'm a little bit lost. Need to get out to Fota Island Resort hotel tomorrow and I have no idea how to. I'll be using public transport so if anyone can help I'll greatly appreciate it! Have to be there by 4pm tomorrow!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Hey guys,

I'm a little bit lost. Need to get out to Fota Island Resort hotel tomorrow and I have no idea how to. I'll be using public transport so if anyone can help I'll greatly appreciate it! Have to be there by 4pm tomorrow!

You're not in luck I'm afraid. Nearest public transport gets is fota wildlife Park which is the bones of a half hour walk, much of it on a road unsuited to walking. Bus to carrigtohill is roughly the same distance away. Easiest option is probably train to cobh and taxi from there, about 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Train to Cobh, then a cab from Cobh to Fota perhaps.

http://journeyplanner.irishrail.ie/bin/query.exe/en

fill in the above irishrail form to get the scheduled train times. There appears to be a train departing cork on the hour from 9am and arriving in Cobh almost on the half hour .

You can phone them in the morning to make sure if you decide to use the train, phone number here..

http://www.irishrail.ie/contact

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Cedrus

The 240 and 260 buses both stop at cobh cross which is only about 1-1.5 km walk. The timetables might not suit and if the weathers bad it might not suit. A taxi fro carrigtwohil would probably be cheaper than from cobh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Yup, train or bus to carrigtwohill, taxi from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Cedrus wrote: »
    The 240 and 260 buses both stop at cobh cross which is only about 1-1.5 km walk. The timetables might not suit and if the weathers bad it might not suit. A taxi fro carrigtwohil would probably be cheaper than from cobh.

Are taxis readily available in Carrigtohill (I have no idea)? No shortage in Cobh anyway. Re walking: don't forget the hotel is a fair distance in from the road as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Fota Island Golf Club

Hey guys,

Hello, your best bet would be to get the train to Carrigtwohill (times at the link below), and from there a taxi to Fota Island Resort. There is a taxi rank in Carrigtwohill and the number is 021 488 3820. Really hope this helps. Denis

http://journeyplanner.irishrail.ie/bin/query.exe/en

Advertisement