Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice Please

Options
  • 06-03-2013 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Hi all off the real thing two weeks on Friday smoked 40 a day for best part of 20 years and have been using Smoke Green 24 mg and now 16 mg cartridges.They have been ok and kept me off the real thing but am wondering is there better versions out there with more pull on the back of the throat and last longer maybe i aint really sure i see there is loads of types(refills and such) :eek: and i know i will be using for a while yet.I dont get 24 hours actually out of a smoke green cartridge and have two batteries that keep me going lol but advice would be welcome.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

This is the best as a starting point from what you're on: http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/valuekit.htm They're out of stock now but ESI have told me they'll have them early next week.

Two decent batteries that will last much longer than you're used to. The bit on top is called a Kanger T2 Clearomiser - you simply fill this with the liquid and away you go. The head in the middle will need to be changed every 7-10 days depending on use. When the flavour starts to fade you screw a new head on (replacements are €2)

You get to choose 5 of the wingnuts range as samples. They are here (5 pages worth): http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/category-s/1818.htm

Just choose 5 flavours you want to try - a good mix would be 2 tobacco, 2 sweeter ones and 1 menthol (even if you'd never smoked menthol it's worth getting)

This is the next step up is http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/kangtwist.htm

This is the same idea as the first kit but with better batteries again. These are called twist batteries - you turn the dial at the bottom of the battery to make it more or less powerful depending on your mood/your juice

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭decdev

Wow some flavours lol thanks for the info these liquids you get erm do they last long (how long is a piece of string i suppose )look really good ive been a dedicated smoker as i say would you go for the second option as i can see myself doing this for a while
    Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭illicit007

decdev wrote: »
    Wow some flavours lol thanks for the info these liquids you get erm do they last long (how long is a piece of string i suppose )look really good ive been a dedicated smoker as i say would you go for the second option as i can see myself doing this for a while
    Thanks again

You buy bottles of liquid anything from 5 ml to 100 ml. You can get a premium 10 ml bottle for almost a tenner or you can get a value bottle of 30 ml for the same price.

Once you get your own refillable cartomiser and bottle of liquid you'll soon learn how many ml you go through.

My advise would be to get a value starter kit with two ego batteries and two kangers, but also get two low resistance boge cartomisers so you can try the difference between those and the kangers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Definitely get the second option, it really is a big step up for such a small price and an easy function to use.

Liquid use depends on strength and pace. Some prefer having it in all the day long with a weak liquid, I prefer to hit it now and then with a really strong liquid (I was a ten a day rollie-smoker).
    10ml of a strong juice would last me 4-5 days, other people are using 5mls+ a day. Once you get over the new gadget hurdle you'll see what your pace is, but you'll probably get around a week's use out of the sample pack, or a bit more out of a 30ml bottle.

• Advertisement

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/kangtwist.htm
    sorry for my lack of knowledge with this one there is T2,T3 kangers what is the difference

T2 - top-coil atomiser - warmer, less flavour, have to tip or swirl it to wick properly.
    T3 - bottom-coil atomiser - much cooler, more flavourful, don't have to tip but has drip leak problems.
    Ask in the comment box for one of each to try.
    Not sure if they'll do that, but the last guy I told to do that hasn't come back on calling them pricks yet, and we do love a good moan, so maybe they did it.
    And maybe they hate me telling people to do these things... Ah well.

lol ok thanks folks hahah

Ok thanks guys ive ordered this one http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/kangtwist.htm but when you say drip leaks what you mean like is it bad

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

no, if you leave it standing on a desk overnight there might be a very small puddle of juice under it in the morning. it's slow and doesnt happen to everyone I think.

• Advertisement

Last question in this thread/post lol and probably the daftest the nicotine strength in the e liguids has this got anything to do with the strength of the throat hit at all as i was on 24 mg and now 18 mg smoke greens and probably or am sure could go lower if it does not affect the throat hit

higher nic juices do have more throat hit yeah, but you'll likely get more with the kanger twist than you did with the smoke green setup just because of the device itself.

that said, i always found 12mg to have next to no throathit, a light tickle maybe.

Ok great thanks for the advice appreciated

Hi peops up and running with my new kanger great delighted with it but the juice oooohhhhh tried ry-c10 way to sweet yuk ry-4a not for me either any advice on proper tobacco type juice no sweetness at all please lol have seen B&H is that a good option thanks again

still have virginia fire cured, extreme menthol,and nut juice not sure i want to try any of these lol afraid of the sweetness now lol

oh and last question again can i wash out the clearomiser with water once i remove the head

any advice on proper tobacco type juice
    Best.
    no sweetness at all please
    ...hmmm... The carrier bases are sweet themselves, so there's going to be SOME sweetening... These are nothing like RY4 flavours, which are designed to be sweeter.
    oh and last question again can i wash out the clearomiser with water once i remove the head
    Yes.

ok Thanks grindle

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

Hi peops up and running with my new kanger great delighted with it but the juice oooohhhhh tried ry-c10 way to sweet yuk ry-4a not for me either any advice on proper tobacco type juice no sweetness at all please lol have seen B&H is that a good option thanks again

still have virginia fire cured, extreme menthol,and nut juice not sure i want to try any of these lol afraid of the sweetness now lol

I'm off the fags 8 months* now with the El Toro Cigarillos. I was a Benson smoker if that helps. I also haven't got fed up of it.

They all taste sweet at first though compared to tobacco, but the ones you mentioned are sweet in nature anyway.

ok cheers i was on smoke green or green smoke e cigs and there was no sweetness with them so just wondering thanks for reply its a cigarette tobacco taste im after thanks again

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

ok cheers i was on smoke green or green smoke e cigs and there was no sweetness with them so just wondering thanks for reply its a cigarette tobacco taste im after thanks again

Smoke green in my opinion would be a lot sweeter the house of liquid juices,and not near the quality so you're safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭illicit007

I came across this flavouring additive on the flavourart website (they sell flavour concentrates for making your own eliquids FYI)

"Bitter Wizard is designed to reduce or eliminate the sweet base flavour that is give by PG & VG. Adding Bitter Wizard at 1%, vapers can get a pleasant, bitter aftertaste that can be enhanced further by increasing the % added.
    Bitter Wizard works well with dark and tobacco flavours."

Just thought I'd throw that in there.

Maybe the smokegreen uses some flavourings which manage to mask the natural sweet undertones of the PG/VG bases.

• Advertisement

decdev, someone posted this review on TBS that might interest you:
    Being relatively new to the vaping scene I was quickly becoming more and more disillusioned with the tobacco flavours.
    We all know how subjective taste is but I just found the overwhelming majority far too sweet!
    That is until I stumbled across Liqua's "Traditional Tobacco"-a mellow,smooth vape with little to no sweetness:)
    My only gripe is,it has no throat hit whatsoever and I ordered the "strong" which is 24mg.Still,I'm very happy with this liquid so if you're looking for a smooth, tobacco like taste,you've found it.

jamie72 wrote: »
    decdev, someone posted this review on TBS that might interest you:
    Thanks jamie sounds good but im a fussy git m8 lol need the throat hit too lol
    gonna look into the house of liquid http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/eltorocn.htm
    probably this one thanks again

Thanks jamie sounds good but im a fussy git m8 lol need the throat hit too lol
    gonna look into the house of liquid http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/eltorocn.htm
    probably this one thanks again
    although they dont seem to have this size to try

although they dont seem to have this size to try

They must only have the big bottles left. Cigarillos is what I use. I need some anyway, so try it, and if you don't like it, i'll give you €20 for the remainder :)

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/eltorocn60.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

Just started myself a week ago today with the El Toro Puros Natureales that i got from esmoke with my starter pack and boy its so good.Tried some vanilla but didnt hit the spot,straight back to Puros,would love to find somewhere that sells the House of Frazer juices in 100mls at a good price,1000mls would be even better.:)

house of frazer?

no one sells el toro juices in 100ml, e-smoke gets them direct from the manufacturer and they sell them in the same bottles as e-smoke

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

house of frazer?

no one sells el toro juices in 100ml, e-smoke gets them direct from the manufacturer and they sell them in the same bottles as e-smoke

meant LIQUID.......HOUSE OF .......
    yeah i no but would be sure nice if you could buy it in a larger volume at a good price.

ok fellas going to go for http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/eltorocn60.htm thanks for the advice one more thing if i get these

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/bogecarto.htm will they fit my ego c twist battery

Yes those Boge cartos will fit your battery. The El Toro juices are known to be great tobacco juices but they're a bit thicker than other juices so when filling the carto be slow and patient. Add a few drops at a time and give it plenty of time for the carto to soak it all up before firing it up on the battery. Syringes are very handy for this as there is no dripper with the el toro bottles.

• Advertisement

Great thank you

Advertisement